Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
RAT FISHING! And other dreams with questionable significance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:40 pm
Beauhemia
TeaDidikai
Kalyani Srijoi

So Sacred Dreams are something that you can call upon through your own will, in some traditions? Actually that's quite revealing - I had assumed that it would always be more of a spontaneous thing that happened totally without one's knowledge or consent.
I believe that Cunningham published a book on the subject of Sacred Sleep. If I recall correctly, it featured rituals, practices and exercises.

Yep! It's on my amazon wishlist LOL
Dreaming The Divine: Techniques for Sacred Sleep
Ha! Been a decade plus and I still remembered the author and even part of the title!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:05 am
TeaDidikai
Kalyani Srijoi

So Sacred Dreams are something that you can call upon through your own will, in some traditions? Actually that's quite revealing - I had assumed that it would always be more of a spontaneous thing that happened totally without one's knowledge or consent.
I believe that Cunningham published a book on the subject of Sacred Sleep. If I recall correctly, it featured rituals, practices and exercises.

Would you recommend it, over other books on the subject? I haven't had what I consider to be a sacred dream in over a year, and I'm interested in little exercises I can do to push myself in that direction a little bit.

------

A few nights ago, I had a dream where I referenced another dream I had. sweatdrop But what really stood out about it was that I can swear I felt what I felt in the dream; it's only the second time that's ever happened to me, that I can recall.  

queertastrophy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:01 am
BlueRoseTorn

Would you recommend it, over other books on the subject? I haven't had what I consider to be a sacred dream in over a year, and I'm interested in little exercises I can do to push myself in that direction a little bit.
Haven't read it myself. I glanced briefly- and I cannot recall any other Sacred Sleep books on the market.

~shrugs~ I don't have anything against Cunningham- save for the fact that he can be a bit preachy at times and he may or may not be entitled to call his theology Wicca.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:34 am
Almost everything surrounding the dreams was nonsense, though lavishly detailed. A set of fantastic environments coupled with half-remembered story snippets and travel. But then the first line of a short story wound its way into things, and repeated several times so I wouldn't forget.

"If you feed the ghosts of a city the same way you might feed a stray cat, secrets will unfold before you."  

TatteredAngel

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:32 am
In a lilac box (which I actually own) was a pink tape measure (which I actually own) and on part of the tape measure, instead of an inch/CM marker, there was the word 'odin'.

Very odd neutral I'm trying to work out:
A. What this could mean (if anything)
B.What could have triggered me to dream about these things if it was just a 'processing' dream.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:44 am
i love dreams!!

Just the other day I had a dream that i was in an old abandoned high school, where a party was going on in the pool area then some one called the cops and we all had to go hide in the woods, and a police dog found me, but i'm really good with animals and i got him to let me rub his belly and he came home with me.

i <3 being random.  

JewelWoods

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:47 am
patch99329
In a lilac box (which I actually own) was a pink tape measure (which I actually own) and on part of the tape measure, instead of an inch/CM marker, there was the word 'odin'.

B.What could have triggered me to dream about these things if it was just a 'processing' dream.
How do you feel about Odin?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:19 am
TeaDidikai
patch99329

How do you feel about Odin?

He's pretty cool xd

Seriously though, I do feel drawn to odin, I love the myths and things associated with him.
But I'm not very forward when it comes to deities, I sort of send a message to them letting them know I'm here and that I'm interested in them; then I just wait for a response (if any). I have no idea why, probrably because I don't want to appear too forward and rude.
This could have been a response.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:05 am
Could you be measuring yourself up for a new relationship?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:24 am
TeaDidikai

Y'know what?
Thats the best literal meaning for a dream I've ever heard.
And it makes perfect sense! Thanks for the input tea!! biggrin  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:50 am
patch99329
TeaDidikai

Y'know what?
Thats the best literal meaning for a dream I've ever heard.
And it makes perfect sense! Thanks for the input tea!! biggrin
Welcome. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:53 pm
Here's fragments of a dream I had recently.

Across form the house I semi-grew up in, there is (and was always, in dream time) a large mansion with tall, marble steps. We're friends with the inhabitants. It's Halloween, and I don't know what I want to dress up as. Finally I decide on Ozma of OZ, so I ask my mom to make the OZ for the top of her scepter out of plywood and go over to the mansion because I have a good green dress there. It is one I found in a thrift store years ago, only in appearance it's entirely different.

^^  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:42 am
I had a dream the other day where I made someone step back, by forcefully tapping their forehead where a meridian flows. (Position of meridian based on a book I own)

In my dream, they moved back because of that. Don't know if that actually works in real life, though. Haven't found anyone willing to test it on yet. But I think I know someone I can say sorry to after having tested it on her.. ninja

Here's to hoping I don't accidentally give her a headache or something. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:59 pm
After the Feast of the Ancestors, I had a dream where Tea handed me a wooden bowl, then placed two pomegranate seeds on the lip of the bowl--one red, and one white--amongst a holly leaf. Could merely be a regurgitation of the pom-beef kabobs, but I'm still pondering on it.

My later dreams that night involved lucky cats and Animal Crossing. sweatdrop I need to stop playing that game so damn much.  

queertastrophy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:32 am
Could have also harkened back to the pomegranate seeds that were in the salad, soup and on the alter.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff