Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply *The Hall of Diversity*
Mythology Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your favourite era of mythology?
  Ancient Egypt
  Aztec
  Greek
  Roman
  Norse
  Other
View Results

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:32 am
That's brilliant to see someone believing in the old religions, rather than the latest ones...

I think it's very hypocritical of the Catholic Church to denounce all the old religions as myth yet their whole religion is based on old "myth"...
No offense to any Catholics in the church, but I have a strong hatred of the Catholic Church...not Catholics themselves, but the actual Church..the "rules" of the religion...hypocrits they are, all of them. stare They bask in all that gold and riches in St Peter's Basilica and preach to give to charity and give to the poor...yet they do not give one penny of that wealth and gold they have in their beautiful churches...
...and if you look back in history, there are so many gospels that were written by the disciples that weren't deemed worthy to put in the bible...they chose the ones they wanted to include so as best to "control" the people and give the best image of Jesus...
...take the Marxist's point of view for example...Marxist's believe that the Church used religion to rule society and control it...because the Church actually said that if you didn't obey your superiors you would go to Hell...therefore they gained control of everyone...

Sorry for the long rant..no offense to anyone who is a beliver or religious, this is just my opinion...I have no problem with religious people..it's just the people who "encouraged" you to believe in it that I have a problem with...unless you decided to become religious yourself..and then of course I have no problem with anyone. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:17 pm
Shadow__Dweller
That's brilliant to see someone believing in the old religions, rather than the latest ones...

I think it's very hypocritical of the Catholic Church to denounce all the old religions as myth yet their whole religion is based on old "myth"...
No offense to any Catholics in the church, but I have a strong hatred of the Catholic Church...not Catholics themselves, but the actual Church..the "rules" of the religion...hypocrits they are, all of them. stare They bask in all that gold and riches in St Peter's Basilica and preach to give to charity and give to the poor...yet they do not give one penny of that wealth and gold they have in their beautiful churches...
...and if you look back in history, there are so many gospels that were written by the disciples that weren't deemed worthy to put in the bible...they chose the ones they wanted to include so as best to "control" the people and give the best image of Jesus...
...take the Marxist's point of view for example...Marxist's believe that the Church used religion to rule society and control it...because the Church actually said that if you didn't obey your superiors you would go to Hell...therefore they gained control of everyone...

Sorry for the long rant..no offense to anyone who is a beliver or religious, this is just my opinion...I have no problem with religious people..it's just the people who "encouraged" you to believe in it that I have a problem with...unless you decided to become religious yourself..and then of course I have no problem with anyone. sweatdrop

yeah.. they hypocrisy of the catholic churches is quite despicable. then of course, there are the bastards that damn near assault you if you dont follow Jehovah. and they say any religion other than Christianity is Satanism. I do not follow a ******** spin off of thei religion! they follow a badly written, mostly plagiarized version of my religion...  

Summoned Shadows

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:02 am
I don't follow any religion, but I do follow Astrology..I find it intriguing how people think astrology is a hoax but ancient people believed in it; it was a widespread belief...yet they believe in a God that they can't see and a book which was written by other human beings...you're taking their word for it..yet the planets and star are actually there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:43 am
there's some suggestions in the feeback forum that the mods should make a Curse of the Gods item. I think that'd be brilliant.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Summoned Shadows

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:14 pm
Shadow__Dweller
there's some suggestions in the feeback forum that the mods should make a Curse of the Gods item. I think that'd be brilliant.

Indeed it would be.. A little difficult, mind you... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:56 pm
I must say, I have a soft spot for Celtic/Norse/Welsh mythos. I love fairies.  

Storm Daughter

Distinct Prophet

Eleftherios

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:33 pm
I am fasinated by the Greek Mythology. Although the only reason I became intrested was because of the God of War series (That is Greek Mythology right? correct me if i'm wrong) so I don't know much about it besides the basic elements and what is in the games, which I'm sure are not very close to the actual thing. It is a game after all and it probally just took this intresting subject and made it cool.  
*The Hall of Diversity*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff