Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Call Me Stephanie's Sanctuary [WIP: 7/5/08] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:45 am

Good. Contact me on msn when you have some time. Elvenboyslut@hotmail.com
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:55 pm

New WIP

Call Me Stephanie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:27 pm

User ImageUpdated the first page.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:11 pm

User ImageUpdated Again ^_^

Call Me Stephanie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:34 pm

User ImageI completed my piece! ^_^
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:20 pm

User Image
User Image

UPDATED!

Call Me Stephanie

Nola da Goat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:59 am

Teh Prurient Pirate Queen
User Image
User Image

UPDATED!

Wow, your work is improving so much!

I would suggest taking a second look at that eye patch, it just needs some little tweaks to make it look like she's wearing it, instead of it looking like it's painted on her face. Other than that, I would say check out a few resources for drawing fabric, just to learn to add a bit of volume to the fabric of her hat and similar items so they don't look so flat. Really great job though. It would look beautiful inked and colored.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:15 pm

User Image
User Image

I accidentally removed the image I originally wanted you to see gonk I added it as the last sample though.

Anyway, as for the flob, I just did it quick to kinda see where I was. I did it without asking for draw overs and stuff like I usually do. I didn't really pay much attention to the coloring because it was bed time and I just threw some on... but maybe I should because people keep saying they like it. ^_^

Call Me Stephanie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:24 pm

User Image
User Image

I have to go do laundry... hopefully I'll get some comments when I get back? *Can hope*

Note to self: Comment Errol when I get back.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:10 pm

User Image
User Image

Updated again... Is it usual to make things worse before you get them better sweatdrop gonk

Call Me Stephanie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:01 am

User Image
User Image

Updated!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:15 pm

First of all: Holy crap, you've improved leaps and bounds since I last came here.

You've done an amazing job foreshortening the legs and establishing volumes in the woman, particularly in the torso and legs. I feel like I could go over there and pinch her, and it would feel real.

I think that the leg on our left looks strange because the knee does not look like that when it is bent-- it is much, much rounder, smoother. Here are some pictures to show you what I mean:

(Sorry, I couldn't find very many photos! I hope these work.)
http://www.dmoma.org/lobby/collection/w_logan_fry/gina/images/degas_woman_kneeling.jpeg
http://www.shoeboxclassics.com/images/framed/homage_ltd.jpg
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/33/39/23183933.jpg

Also, on the hip connected to her other leg, I think that it would look better if you got rid of the line on her butt showing that the leg fades into the hip, and instead showed that line through your shading.

Secondly, something seems a little odd in the armpit area. I think that the rib area underneath the arm on our right should be less pronounced, and the arm on our right should start lower and thicker. The line from the breast should move smoothly into the armpit, but right now it ends at an odd angle in the ribs.

As for the pose itself... I can tell that you're going for the same kind of sexy vibe that is present in all your works, and it shows through in this piece. However, not having hands at the moment sort of kills it. Now, I know that this is a WIP, and that you simply have not drawn the hands yet. I cannot say whether or not you have anything planned for them. But hands are one of the most expressive parts of the human body, and so you should always be thinking about how their positioning relates to the mood you want to convey.

What are you planning for the hands? I can see very clearly that they are behind the head. From where they are, I'm guessing that they are going to me holding up / ruffling her hair-- which would work very well with this.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help with her feet. From what I can see, I think that they may need to be a little bit bigger. With her toes, remember to vary their lengths along the natural curve of the foot, and to have them curl a bit-- in that position, the toes would curl in order to grip the ground better.

I hope that helped, and sorry for not peeking in here sooner!

Ishrie

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:01 pm

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it! *Glomp*

As for her hands, they are going to be bound behind her head by chains. She's essentially chained to a wall. It's what the commissioning person wanted. *Shrugs*

I'll have to find some reference pictures for the foot 'cause I just don't know how it would be. >_<

Thanks again for your help.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:09 pm

Updated! ^_^

Call Me Stephanie

Ishrie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:54 pm

(About the hands) Aha, that makes sense, then.

Not much more I can really say for this update. The folds on the cloth are looking good, and her costume design is pretty cool. One thing that I noticed this time is that the n****e on the breast on our left seems like it's a little too centered-- the n****e would be closer to the left.

Hope that helps! This is turning out great.
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff