Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
I think you'll find this highly interesting. . . Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:48 pm
Redwinged Rogue
My school does a similar thing, they don't allow chains, long trench coats, and anything that promotes anything inappropriate(like drugs) or sexual. Personally, I think it's pointless to limit what people can wear, because being young we should be able to live life up and express ourselves the way we want, and really every time I think of it I don't see how it affects anything, clothing doesn't do anything, people do.
Banning things like chains and trench coats I can understand, chains can be used to choke people or hit them and trench coats can hide anything up to PSG-19 sub machine gun.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:33 am
That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of. First of all, isn't this supposed to be a free country? Oh wait no it isn't! The thing that bugs me the most about this is people in schools are young let them be who they want! You can't do it later on in life, bc you have to get a job and look presentable. So why not let them live it up in whatever style they want! domokun scream domokun scream domokun scream domokun  

togetherindeath

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:19 pm
togetherindeath
That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of. First of all, isn't this supposed to be a free country? Oh wait no it isn't! The thing that bugs me the most about this is people in schools are young let them be who they want! You can't do it later on in life, bc you have to get a job and look presentable. So why not let them live it up in whatever style they want! domokun scream domokun scream domokun scream domokun

And what about the civil liberties of those that find the goth look intimidating, or don't they matter?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:22 pm
Rellik San
togetherindeath

And what about the civil liberties of those that find the goth look intimidating, or don't they matter?

and what about the civil liberties who are intimidated by the amount of flesh that is hanging out of someone's shirt?
my point: if you must ban one thing, then you have to ban it all.

Ayame_Rikimayu

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:17 pm
What do they define as Goth clothing? O_o

They can't tell everybody "No wearing black" or something ridiculous like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:04 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
Rellik San
togetherindeath

and what about the civil liberties who are intimidated by the amount of flesh that is hanging out of someone's shirt?
Exactly, but then your impeding on everyones civil liberties, its a catch 22.  

Rellik San
Crew

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:47 pm
Rellik San
Ayame_Rikimayu
Rellik San
togetherindeath

america tends to do that anyway, so its not like it really matters in the end. people are gonna be pissed no matter what you do, there's no way that you can please EVERYBODY.
so its kinda hard to find a solution that everybody can deal with.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:55 pm
In my opinion...people are probably just becoming paranoid seeing how society is turning. People get such bad stereotypes about the goth sub-culture, they think it to be people who commit bad things, like crime or drugs...they don't want people that look intimidating, if that's what they would call it, and when I say that I mean people, like those who work for the school districts, are too judgmental of certain looks. I know this with the experiences I had at school before. I just try not to stand out to much that's all. I know some staff that is ok with the dress, like one day I did come to school with chain pants, and the lady at the office desk was amused, but a security guard just look at me nasty as if I was a bad person and told me to take them off. It depends on the people too. My school is know for some pretty harsh staff though.

Some dress codes you can't change I will admit, public schools will still let you dress the way you want, but there are always going to be limits.  

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:25 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
Rellik San
Ayame_Rikimayu
Rellik San
togetherindeath

america tends to do that anyway, so its not like it really matters in the end. people are gonna be pissed no matter what you do, there's no way that you can please EVERYBODY.

That's exactly why I decided not to go into politics.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:39 pm
XWraith_LordX
Ayame_Rikimayu
Rellik San
Ayame_Rikimayu
Rellik San
togetherindeath

Its why I should go into politics, but won't because I'm honest.  

Rellik San
Crew

Suicide Lollies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:44 am
I go to a school that enforces uniform so I don't have this problem. We do have casual dress days and we're really allowed to wear whatever we want unless it's socially unacceptable. Eg. wearing a bikini to school.

It's a shame about the clothing policy at your school but it isn't the end of the world. Just alter your wardrobe. And anyway, you'll probably find once you enter the work force as an adult, they won't take kindly to those tripp pants or trenchcoats. wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:50 am
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Ayame_Rikimayu
Rellik San
Ayame_Rikimayu

nice.  

Ayame_Rikimayu

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:49 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Ayame_Rikimayu
Rellik San
Ayame_Rikimayu

So do we need more or less people like you? If we had more, maybe they could switch things around.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:07 pm
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Ayame_Rikimayu
Rellik San
Ayame_Rikimayu

So do we need more or less people like you? If we had more, maybe they could switch things around.
Well to clarify, I'm honest in the perfectly blunt way, as in if someone... lets say some family wanted to sue a band for making their kid kill themselves, I'd throw the case out on the grounds that the band did not give the kid a gun then tell them force the kid to hold it to his head and pull the trigger.

So as you can imagine, I wouldn't be getting the Christian vote and sadly logical people are out numbered by those claiming moral high ground in this world. I'd lose every election dismally, despite my policies making the most sense, because I wouldn't appeal to family sensibilities and values. So no sense in trying if the world doesn't want a logical leader.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:22 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Ayame_Rikimayu

Well to clarify, I'm honest in the perfectly blunt way, as in if someone... lets say some family wanted to sue a band for making their kid kill themselves, I'd throw the case out on the grounds that the band did not give the kid a gun then tell them force the kid to hold it to his head and pull the trigger.

So as you can imagine, I wouldn't be getting the Christian vote and sadly logical people are out numbered by those claiming moral high ground in this world. I'd lose every election dismally, despite my policies making the most sense, because I wouldn't appeal to family sensibilities and values. So no sense in trying if the world doesn't want a logical leader.
You'd get my vote, which, with the current american system, would count for absolutley nothing.... stare  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff