Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
"Blessed Be?" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:49 am
Deoridhe
... and the god they are assuming the right of blessing for is not one predisposed to be kind to me.
That would depend on your point of view.

Non-Jews are not expected to keep the 613 Laws. In fact- I recall somewhere hearing that they are only expected to follow six, all of which you and I practice as being part of Western Culture in general... unless you have murdered someone I do not know about. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:29 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
... and the god they are assuming the right of blessing for is not one predisposed to be kind to me.

That would depend on your point of view.

Non-Jews are not expected to keep the 613 Laws. In fact- I recall somewhere hearing that they are only expected to follow six, all of which you and I practice as being part of Western Culture in general... unless you have murdered someone I do not know about. ninja

Which six?

I'm still ...wary. Gods blessings are never ...I don't know exactly how to put this, and don't want to be rude, but the word that comes to mind is "clean". It's like handling cookie dough; bits stick - sometimes more than you want to.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:55 am
Deoridhe

Which six?

I'm still ...wary. Gods blessings are never ...I don't know exactly how to put this, and don't want to be rude, but the word that comes to mind is "clean". It's like handling cookie dough; bits stick - sometimes more than you want to.
I remember murder is on the list- and we're expected to form governments to uphold the others. Those are the only two that come to mind. I'll look into it again. It's been ages.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:43 am
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Which six?

I remember murder is on the list- and we're expected to form governments to uphold the others. Those are the only two that come to mind. I'll look into it again. It's been ages.

Is it that weird word for murder that involves a striking blow? Ratsach?  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:31 pm
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Which six?

Is it that weird word for murder that involves a striking blow? Ratsach?
It's the one that translates to unlawful killing if I recall correctly.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:11 am
Within the grove I never hear much of "Blessed Be" being thrown around. The only time it's ever really thrown around is during what the elders call "The High-Day's of The Fluff". A term that just sort of stuck, it applies to Samhain and Beltaina, where (because we have publicly open High-Day Rituals) we get followers of all sorts of pagan faiths to attend; a lot of which NEVER show up for any other ceremonial weekends, only those two.

We've made the connection that there are some (neo)Pagan who are to Samhain and Beltaina as there are Christians to ONLY Christmas and Easter.

Anyway . . . They all blow in and take over the converted horse barn; you can kind of tell who they are because they all dress in long black cloaks and monopolize the fire (as if they were afraid of frost-bite or something, lol) And as they walk in they Greet & Farewell everyone with barrages of "Merry Meet", "Blessed Be", and "Goddess Bless" which tends to make some of the more traditionalists cringe, and even more of us laugh.

And so far all that I've seen is that they come . . . act spooky, say bone-headed things, Drink all the Mead, eat all the good food, and go home drunk. But some tend to feel "the more the merrier"; so we just deal with it using as much of a light-heart as possble. Especially since none of them (if any) ever get up the courage to participate in the Actual Ritual Itself, they mostly just stand around the Nemeton and watch in "Awe" I guess, lol. I myself don't find much use in using it; it's not a proper "Blessing" where I come from anyway.

I usually use "Take Care" as my thrown around phase of good health.

"If someone sneezed and no one says take care, that person will turn into a fairy, didn't you know that?" (Quoted from Cowboy Bebop, using Fairy in likely reference to a Gay Man.)

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Lore Lux

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:20 pm
To me, "blessed be" sounds really flaky.

Just like "God bless you" only not as irritating.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:53 pm
Hmmm... not sure I would consider terming another culture's holidays "High Days of Fluff" something to be proud of.  

TeaDidikai

Sivirs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:34 pm
TeaDidikai
Hmmm... not sure I would consider terming another culture's holidays "High Days of Fluff" something to be proud of.

I could be wrong, but I read it as them calling of their own celebrated holidays "High Days of the Fluff" because those are the only days that the fluffies come out in droves, presumably because those are the two "cool" holidays, and then they never see them again except on those two days. At least, the comparison to Christmas-and-Easter Christians makes it sound like that, to me.

So it wouldn't be the holidays themselves being insulted, so much as they're jokingly being called the high days for fluff bunnies, who don't really give a crap about all the OTHER holy days, just the two they like the best and the two that give them the most excuse to have a party, much like Christians who don't really bother going to church except on Christmas and Easter.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:01 am
I'd agree Sivirs- if they hadn't practiced Cultural Appropriation to gain the names of the Holidays.  

TeaDidikai

Sivirs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:11 am
TeaDidikai
I'd agree Sivirs- if they hadn't practiced Cultural Appropriation to gain the names of the Holidays.

Ah! Point taken. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:15 am
Sivirs
TeaDidikai

Ah! Point taken. wink
Bit of a double standard eh?  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:20 am
When did Bealtaine's vowels get moved around again to end with 'a'?

@_o  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:24 am
Deoridhe
When did Bealtaine's vowels get moved around again to end with 'a'?

@_o
Might depend on the dialect. ~shrugs~ Couldn't say.  

TeaDidikai

Secret Of The Moon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:33 pm
I've also seen it used when people say something bad, like what was stated in the first few posts about hating xtians and the persecutions and such... seems like a "I hate you, just kidding" kinda thing...
Not if anyone else knows, but in Mind of Mencia, Carlos does that kinda thing to start off an episode. Saying things that I guess some could find offensive. Sort of satirical I guess, because Carlos played the part of a preacher, and just said "Then I found Jesus." And then it was if everyone who heard that just blew it off...  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff