Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).
Opinions on hacked Pokemon. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:50 am
iamsilver1
i only hacked to get certain pokemon, to level up my pokemon, and my friends do it, plus i only do ds cheats

Sorry, but "and my friends do it" is a really excellent bit of logic if you want to get yourself into all sorts of illegal and dangerous activities. Trust me, friends can be pretty stupid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:59 am
Ahhhh... the age old argument. "Cheats are bad!!!" "But they were there the whole time! Its not cheating!"

These arguments have been going ever since the missingno glitch in the very first pokemon games.

Hacks have been around just as long. You older players may remember the game genie by galoob. You youngsters won't remember this peripheral. Lets just say that it was the cheat device that came before the action replay, only it had Nintendo's golden seal of approval.

As for my thoughts on hacks vs non-hacks... Well... most people hack a pokemon to max them out. These types of hacks ruin the fun. Those who hack their pokedex to complete it. I disagree with this method of cheating.

I have an action replay. I do not use it to beat my games. I DO use them on a 2nd play through occasionally. I don't usually hack a pokemon.

Although, there was this one time that I did... I made a nidoran male for fun on my leaf green. Its stats were NOT altered. Its moves were. Still, they weren't uber moves. Just ones for fun.

As for people hacking for pokemon they can't normally catch... I could see their point. I have a hard time finding real people in real life to trade with, but I still make sure to trade for ones I dont have, not cheat for them.  

guardian_rose

xXDRUMMER _MIKEXx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:30 am
my bro thinks that cheating makes it more fun like cloning pokemon or items he says it miakes it easier and i hate him for that  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:49 pm
I don't hack, personally hate it. Seriously take the time to raise pokemon or try and find shinnies.  

luckiestloser1234

krishnath

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:59 am
guardian_rose
Ahhhh... the age old argument. "Cheats are bad!!!" "But they were there the whole time! Its not cheating!"

These arguments have been going ever since the missingno glitch in the very first pokemon games.

Hacks have been around just as long. You older players may remember the game genie by galoob. You youngsters won't remember this peripheral. Lets just say that it was the cheat device that came before the action replay, only it had Nintendo's golden seal of approval.

As for my thoughts on hacks vs non-hacks... Well... most people hack a pokemon to max them out. These types of hacks ruin the fun. Those who hack their pokedex to complete it. I disagree with this method of cheating.

I have an action replay. I do not use it to beat my games. I DO use them on a 2nd play through occasionally. I don't usually hack a pokemon.

Although, there was this one time that I did... I made a nidoran male for fun on my leaf green. Its stats were NOT altered. Its moves were. Still, they weren't uber moves. Just ones for fun.

As for people hacking for pokemon they can't normally catch... I could see their point. I have a hard time finding real people in real life to trade with, but I still make sure to trade for ones I dont have, not cheat for them.

Nintendo Wi-Fi: Finding people to trade with globally when you can't find them locally.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:07 am
In all honesty, what you guys are saying is right.

However, what do you have left to do when you have gone and beat the elite four 20 times and it seems pointless to play the game anymore?

I only have 2 hacked Pokemon, both of which i obtained via trading.

A Meganium with the ability Drought, and a Lugia with the ability Air Lock. (neither i use battling anyone and stats are not altered)

It isn't right to hack games, but when you have nothing else to do, it does provide a semi-fun boost for the hacker.....

ii phoenix espeon ii

lilharper

Devoted Lover

9,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:59 am
i personally only care if they use the stuff against me, like a flareon with sacred fire or something like that and max stats (i mean like 999 in everything) i admit i used missingno. but who didnt, that knew about it...recently i used it to get an arceus and deoxys, i got a celebi and mew from the GTS though  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:26 pm
krishnath
guardian_rose

Nintendo Wi-Fi: Finding people to trade with globally when you can't find them locally.

Of course, most of those are hacks anyway.  

Gamefreak41495

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Life is Like a Peanut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:26 pm
I think hacks are good if you want to play around or your not old enough to go to events and get event only pokemon...like I wanted a darkrai and someone traded me one and it was hacked but ill never trade it to anyone or use it in a battle. So really if you hack an event only and dont use it then your not really ruining the fun cause you wouldnt be able to have it anyways. But if I get any other pokemon through a trade or battle it and theyre hacked ill be mad  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:40 am
Honestly, I completely dispise hacking. I used to be fine with it when I was little, because I didn't have to worry about anyone else hacking their games. But as its gotten more popular, I dropped it. I hate it now. I've only hacked for certain Pokemon in an Emerald game I had, and I never changed abything including moves or stats. They were a Shiny Venusaur, a Shiny Blastoise, a shiny Charizard, Latios and Latias, Deoxys, and Celebi. I deleted that file. Since that point, about 8 years ago, I haven't hacked, cheated, anything to any game. Although my brother loves hacking the games, but only for items, never for levels or anything like that.  

Char-Broiled Toboggans

Invisible Friend

6,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100

Gamefreak41495

8,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:21 pm
Charzinicor
Honestly, I completely dispise hacking. I used to be fine with it when I was little, because I didn't have to worry about anyone else hacking their games. But as its gotten more popular, I dropped it. I hate it now. I've only hacked for certain Pokemon in an Emerald game I had, and I never changed abything including moves or stats. They were a Shiny Venusaur, a Shiny Blastoise, a shiny Charizard, Latios and Latias, Deoxys, and Celebi. I deleted that file. Since that point, about 8 years ago, I haven't hacked, cheated, anything to any game. Although my brother loves hacking the games, but only for items, never for levels or anything like that.

Now why do I doubt that? Hmm, perhaps because Emerald came out 5 years ago? You say you hacked your Emerald, yet you also say you stopped hacking 8 years ago, 3 years before Emerald was even released.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:18 pm
i hate cheaters and hackers my cousin uses the replay and gets shiny pokemon and super strong pokemon i wont batle him cuz of that i think the action replay is just a waste of good money  

DreamerSky

rubymaster5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:12 pm
In my opinion hacking is only ok if your not going to give it to someone else. Personally I've always wondered what remodeling the game would look like. Personally I've never hacked/ cheated at anything, I find it drab and boring when I get instant Gratification for using a cheat code. (I know this due to watching friends do it. Its funny to watch them when they do silly stuff but item hacking and exp. hacking is silly.)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:27 pm
i say if u wanna hack, hack. THOUGH, i also think you should only hack AFTER you have beaten the game and not on the pokemon you started with.  

VictimsDown

Inmyroomreb

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:56 am
I'm not gonna lie, I hack. But I usually wait until I've beat the storyline and just need Pokeballs to help catch Pokemon for my Pokedex.

But for pride purposes I would never hack to receive a shiny Pokemon. I pride myself highly on the few shinies I have and am excited about my new found love for shiny hunting on my Pearl game [of course, not without stocking up heavily on some hacked Max Repels].

Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games