Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Gay Literature] Yaoi Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kurai Amaya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:56 pm
Hm... I haven't been able to find many gay-themed novels, or at least novels with gay people in them..

I've read the Rainbow Boys trilogy, So Hard to Say, Getting It, Boy Meets Boy, Absolutely Positively Not, The Year of Ice, Pretty Things, Boy Girl Boy (didn't like that book at all)... Those all have gay boys in them. I think that's all, though for some reason I think that I HAVE read more.

Empress of the Universe and Looking for Xandu are the only two novels I've read dealing with lesbians. I'm not a huge fan of femmeslash, but those two novels were really good.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:40 pm
Akurei Demon Wolf
A Seprate Peace I swear they are gay! xd sweatdrop

I read that and I was hoping them guys would do something gay in it. XD  

aa_beatrix

otakubaybay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:14 pm
I read the first couple of chapters of Rainbow Boys and I love it! heart heart heart
Now I'm just dying to read the rest of it! 4laugh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:51 pm
Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale
When England Sleeps by David Leavitt

Mmmmmn. @_____@ The first is fantasy, the second isn't. They're both AMAZING.  

Skizzors
Crew

otakubaybay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:23 pm
After checking this thread out, I took some titles down so today at school (which is practically part of the public library), I hunted them down! mrgreen I originally went in to find Boy Meets Boy since I knew for sure it was there (my sister read it a few months before that), but I guess it got lost somehow cuz it was simply impossible to find gonk
Next, I looked for Rainbow Boys because I'm simply dying to read more, but once again my library fails me gonk But as I'm scanning the shelves, my eyes land right on Geography Club! Is is too good to be true?! Nope, it was exactly the same Geography Club book mentioned in this thread! biggrin I was so very happy!
Now, I am not the kind of person who reads books leisurely (manga are another story), but for the first time since the HP books, I sat in my room for hours on end, reading! I finished it mere hours after I first checked it out! Forgive me, but I am the littlest bit proud of myself for it biggrin I thought it was great, I highly recommend it! It made me think "I'd love to write a book like this someday! 3nodding "
Anyway, while I am disappointed in not finding Boy Meets Boy and Rainbow Boys (although I do have a 'hold' on both of them), I am super glad I picked up Geography Club and shall be checking out as many more books mentioned in this thread as possible! ^o^ Thank you everyone for sharing your reccommendations~ (I sound like the OP or something, but I'm not; sorry about that sweatdrop )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:00 pm
The only book I've known of to be gay-ish is....The Picture of Dorian Gray? Good book.

I read the pages you guys have filled here an made a list of some books I want to checkout, sadly my library here ha only one off that list : Totally Joe. So I went and got Totally Joe this morning and I've just finished reading it. It was really cute. I found myself on the verge of tears only to be forced to laugh. If anyone hasn't read it, I recommend it.

Shadowolf~Forever

Tipsy Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:23 pm
Shadowolf~Forever
The only book I've known of to be gay-ish is....The Picture of Dorian Gray? Good book.
Excellent book! I started rereading it, but had a bit of trouble scratching up the interest again. Not that it's bad, mind you, I love it with all my heart, but it's tough to get into the mindset of Wilde..  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:03 am
The picture of Dorian Gray is good yeah, but I didn't think it was so gayish XD But Boy meets boy is oh so sweet and definitely one of my favourites. And of course, Anne Rice's vampire chronicles are a tad.....gay. Especially Armand's book.

My library fails me though.  

Ichinilla

Friendly Gekko

6,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Shinsengumi_Neko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:25 am
Edward Morgan Forster "Maurice" ( his other books are also awesome )
Alan Hollinghurst "Line of beauty", "Swimming pool library"
Oscar Wilde ( but personaly I don't belive that he wrote this ) "Teleny"
David Leavitt "The lost language of cranes"
some of Virginia Wolf and Mishima Yukio short stories
Andre Gide "The counterfeiters" ( I love this book ) "The immoralist"
Annie Proulx "Brokeback mountain"

WARNING! those books are NOT for people under 18 years old

heart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 am
Get on Amazon.com and look at the "lists" section, and type in slash. There's a great list called "Find out what slash is once and for all." I've got a lot I could pm you, if you want, too.  

Montypythoniisss

N I N J A _C H E E S E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:01 pm
interesting i should look into some of these ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:22 pm
Christopher Rice.
He is a gay writer who writes about gay boys. 3nodding

I've only read one novel by him, a friend of mine has read many of his books though, said they were good, got good talent from his mother, Anne Rice.  

Heero-Yuy-Wing

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:06 pm
madika
David Leavitt "The lost language of cranes"

WARNING! those books are NOT for people under 18 years old

heart
*ignores age thing like hell* ninja

He has more?! eek Is this one good? what's it about?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:03 pm
Warning is mostly about Teleny it's hard yaoi and some scenes are just... disgusting +__+ but story is good. You'll find everything about Leavitt and his works on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Leavitt  

Shinsengumi_Neko

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:23 pm
madika
Warning is mostly about Teleny it's hard yaoi and some scenes are just... disgusting +__+ but story is good. You'll find everything about Leavitt and his works on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Leavitt
Ahaha.. I know what you mean.. When England Sleeps uses the word "cottaging" more times than I thought was possible in, like, the entire history of humanity.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff