Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:38 am
Rose_the_Angel_of_Death
i am reading a book that about vampire. his name is Simon. he fallow this gothic girl name Zoe. in the middle he tells her a story about his brother name Christoper and what has he done. that how far i got so far. i have to read 198 pages for a book clud. i love reading, but only some books.

What's the name of the book and who is it by?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:26 pm
sorry for not reply youir post sweatdrop

Sliver kiss  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:44 am
I need some books to read...I need suggestions!! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:53 am
I can't think of any 'dark' books to suggest right now, but if you want to read something factual I'd like to suggest anything by Bill Bryson. He does travel writing which is very funny and tells you about country/countries he's focusing on.

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:17 am
Thanks for the suggestion, but I only like reading fiction..I just can't concentrate on non-fiction sweatdrop
It doesn't necessarily need to be dark, a mystery or thriller would do fine right now sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:53 am
I enjoyed reading Colony by Rob Grant 3nodding It's a dark-ish sci-fi thriller, but with an edge of humour.

"Lifetimes ago, the generation ship Willflower set out, manned by the cream of humanity, on a mission to colonize the stars. But by the 10th generation, things are starting to go badly wrong. The only man who can save the ship is astrophysical Dr Piers Morton. Only he's not an astrophysical engineer, he's not a doctor, he's not even Piers Morgan, and all that remains of his body is his head, his spinal column and absolutely nothing else. Better yet, somebody on board is trying to kill what's left of him... "

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:26 am
lol

I read Backwards by Rob Grant, which was turned into an episode of Red Dwarf. I've never seen the episode, but I want to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:09 am
I've read another of his (non Red Dwarf) books called "Incompetence" that was very funny. It's another thriller set in a world were a new work law was introduced, making it illegal to fire anyone because of their level of incompetence at a job. So the world is pretty much going down the toilet sweatdrop

You can read a bit of it here.

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:12 am
I'm currently reading Another One Bites the Dust, written by Jennifer Rardin. If you love stories about fiesty female heroines, and vampire's having crushes on said heroine, then you'll like that book. It's similar to the Laurell K Hamilton books, but without all the sex. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:51 pm
Has anyone read the Night Slayers series?

Its got 4 books i think....
Out of the Night
Seduced by the Night
Tempted by the Night
Lord of the Night

those are the 4 books and so far the 3 i've read are really good....if you like vampire romance novels....  

Death Child 09

2,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:08 am
I've just finished reading a book called Vicious Circle by Mike Carey. The lead character is an exorcist who is hired to find the ghost of a dead child. It involves PLENTY of action, fights, satanists, shooting, demons...everything. It's really VERY good, a definate page turner.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:06 pm
i like Comes A Horseman by Robert Liparulo. i also like the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.  

itsalwaysbeentoolate

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:55 am
Everyone likes the Twilight series wink I'm just about to read Eclipse.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 pm
For stuff that is really, really bleak:

Franz Kafka (Favorite: Metamorphosis)
William S. Burroughs (Favorite: Naked Lunch)
Edgar Allen Poe (Favorite: Mesmeric Revelations)

@Shadow_Dweller: Not me xp  

-Resurrected Writer-

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:08 am
-Resurrected Writer-
For stuff that is really, really bleak:

Franz Kafka (Favorite: Metamorphosis)
William S. Burroughs (Favorite: Naked Lunch)
Edgar Allen Poe (Favorite: Mesmeric Revelations)

@Shadow_Dweller: Not me xp

Most girls like Twilight lol. I've read 3 out of the 4 books, and they somehow captivated me so I coldn't put thebook down, but if I take a while to think about them, they're pretty cheesy with not much substance.  
*The Hall of Diversity*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff