View Results

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:47 am
Xsclsm, I really like that bolded part of the verse you posted. I think we might go with that. It's a great idea. 3nodding

@Liz: (Like how I'm still calling you Liz?? xd ) We could definitely give away bigger items to those who stick around and have everything else be bought for a cheaper price. I have some magical gift boxes that I'm not quite sure what to do with (every time I open them it's always stupid things and I feel bad selling them for some reason). I could also use some of the gold in the mule to buy a nicer item like fairy wings or something. And I'm attempting to get enough tickets to get a nice game item as well, so that can be given away to someone who sticks around too.

And of course conversation wouldn't be limited to religious things. It would be normal charity thread conversation. The charity wouldn't be specifically for witnessing- it would only be done if people wanted to know, of if we needed to explain something from a Christian perspective. But certainly no, "Join our guild or go to Hell because Jesus loves you" stuff. domokun

And I got both of your guys' trades. Once you okay them I think we'll have enough gold and we'll just be short two or three more items (we might actually have enough). Which is great! I need to get going on actually making the thread! biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Xsclsm, I really like that bolded part of the verse you posted. I think we might go with that. It's a great idea. 3nodding

@Liz: (Like how I'm still calling you Liz?? xd ) We could definitely give away bigger items to those who stick around and have everything else be bought for a cheaper price. I have some magical gift boxes that I'm not quite sure what to do with (every time I open them it's always stupid things and I feel bad selling them for some reason). I could also use some of the gold in the mule to buy a nicer item like fairy wings or something. And I'm attempting to get enough tickets to get a nice game item as well, so that can be given away to someone who sticks around too.

And of course conversation wouldn't be limited to religious things. It would be normal charity thread conversation. The charity wouldn't be specifically for witnessing- it would only be done if people wanted to know, of if we needed to explain something from a Christian perspective. But certainly no, "Join our guild or go to Hell because Jesus loves you" stuff. domokun

And I got both of your guys' trades. Once you okay them I think we'll have enough gold and we'll just be short two or three more items (we might actually have enough). Which is great! I need to get going on actually making the thread! biggrin

I thought you'd like it ^^  

Rainy Xsclsm

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:10 pm
Well, Liz IS my name irl (or Elizabeth... or Lizzie... depending on who you're talking to) so I'm totally cool wuth that razz  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:25 pm
Guess what, guys? We've reached out goal for number of items and gold on the guild mule! That means that I can actually go and start setting up the charity thread!

Here are the things I need that you all can help with:
A pretty banner/banners for the thread if you would like to make one; PM me for details.
Volunteers to moderate the thread and help maintain the rules.
Ideas for contests and rules.

Any help you'd like to offer would be great! heart

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Rainy Xsclsm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:53 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
Guess what, guys? We've reached out goal for number of items and gold on the guild mule! That means that I can actually go and start setting up the charity thread!

Here are the things I need that you all can help with:
A pretty banner/banners for the thread if you would like to make one; PM me for details.
Volunteers to moderate the thread and help maintain the rules.
Ideas for contests and rules.

Any help you'd like to offer would be great! heart

I'd be willing to help out when I go on (Don't worry, I'm on A LOT).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:21 pm
Great. I'll figure out something for you to do in the charity thread once I get it all set up. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:43 pm
Of course I'd be more than happy to moderate the thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:11 pm
Yay! ^o^  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Rainy Xsclsm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:46 am
Ok, contact me when you do ^^  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:09 pm
Well, I've put the whole thread together.

Take a look!

Let me know what you guys think. If there's anything else you all think I need to add, let me know and I'll go ahead and add it. If you guys think it's all ready to go, I'll take down the UNDER CONSTRUCTION sign, put up an OPEN one, and we'll be ready to start helping out the n00bs of Gaia. xd

Also, I'm looking for anyone interested in helping to moderate the thread. Let me know. 3nodding

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:20 am
LooksAWESOME fushigi! Just a couple thoughts: some of those free items can probably be sould for a pretty good amount of gold. I know every now and then I go through and sell all my daily chance items and rack up about 1000g, and I know I've sent you a crap load as well. We could maybe pull in some more fund from that? Those items don't seem as dire to me since you can get them through daily chance.

Also, maybe put the amount of an item next to it.

Looks awesome though! You're such a good fearless leader fushigi...

And naturally I'll moderate.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:09 am
I'll moderate too!
And didn't we decide on making a list of members that are willing to help out newbies learn how to do stuff on gaia?  

Rainy Xsclsm

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:36 pm
@Liz: The reason I'm giving so much stuff away for free is because they can be gotten through the daily chance. It would seem silly to buy something you can get for free anyway. Everything that is 299g or less I think is fair to give for free, and anything 300g and more is being sold, but for way cheaper than what they could get the items for in the shops or on the marketplace.

@xsclsm: I didn't get enough feedback about that; not enough people seemed interested in that idea or willing to help, and I wouldn't want all of the responsibility to fall on just two people. However, I will make a mention in the thread that anyone who needs help can freely PM any of the charity moderators and ask for assistance. 3nodding I have the feeling whoever they PM and them will get to be pretty attached anyway.

I'll put your two names in a moderators' list in the thread and go ahead and open it up.

Thanks to everyone who made this possible. biggrin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:26 pm
IT'S OPEN! 4laugh  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:22 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
IT'S OPEN! 4laugh

Yay!

Pssst... I made a banner...

User Image

And what exactly is the policy on giving out stuff?

Guild Resources {Church directory, banners, exit links}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff