Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
April 20, 2012 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:10 am
Ayita
I have an interesting point to bring up, which I don't necessarily believe, and it relates to the cults devoted to the "the-end-is-near" idea. Granted, I don't know too much on the topic. It just occurred to me one day.

I'm sure every generation has its share of suicide cults. They believe that they must sacrifice themselves to a higher power, since the world is coming to an end. Maybe their form of higher power is the true reality. What if their deaths really did appease him/her, so that the world could go on?

I suppose nobody will know until they die and see what happens on the other side.
I'd find this more pertinent if the bulk of said groups actually suggested this was their intention.

Most of the ones I am familiar with are more interested in personal Ascension than salvation of the rest of humanity.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:10 pm
Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see how ending the world is doing anyone any favors. I've actually checked out a website that supposedly shows signs from God that the Rapture is coming. Honestly, every single one of them can easily be explained as something else (there are eclipses and supernovas, perfectly natural phenomena, on the list for crying out loud). Why are they in such a hurry to see other people suffer for their own amusement?  

Boadicia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:07 pm
Actually, in some of the mythologies, the ending of a cycle brings about beauty and peace.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff