Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:59 pm
Cockroach Waltz
GilAskan
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_
What, may I quickly ask, is Goldfrapp?

Alison Goldfrapp (whose surname is both used for herself and supporting band) is an alternative-pop and electronica act from the 00's. Her albums (three in all) have all recieved very good reviews, and have been compared to everyone from Bjork to Moloko to Massive Attack to Miranda Sex Garden and the Cocteau Twins.

Whether or not Cockroach Waltz knew it, the album actually was produced by Charlie Jones, a regular collaborator with Goldfrapp.

I didn't know that.

I thought it was the same producer that produced Peepshow.

It was co-produced by Steve Evans and Charlie Jones, I should've mentioned. Evans worked on Peepshow, but wasn't the main producer. The head producer of Peepshow was Mike Hedges, who also worked on four other Banshees' albums, two Creatures' albums, two Cure albums, and a Flesh for Lulu album.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:49 pm
When I get the money I'm definitely buying the Mantaray.

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

Disease of the Flesh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:07 am
I have a ticket for her concert in Amsterdam! I'm so happy, its the first time I will see her live!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:34 pm
Disease of the Flesh
I have a ticket for her concert in Amsterdam! I'm so happy, its the first time I will see her live!

Lucky b***h!
I wonder if she's touring Canada?

Cockroach Waltz

Disease of the Flesh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:59 am
I would like to say to all who are interested to go to one of Siouxsie's concerts if you are able. She is in a really good shape now and her sound magnificent. At the concert(the netherlands, 2 nov.) we had a great range of songs, from very old numbers to numbers of her solo album. Like Hong Kong Garden and Spellbound to Into A Swan. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it for all the gold in the world!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:09 pm
I personally adore the album. She used a lot of instruments I've not heard in her other work, which I liked. I always like when an artist has versatility.  

Sharing Heartbeats

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:48 am
I bough it a little over a month ago and I love it, especially the song Loveless. ^_^
Its so new yet so Siouxsie Sioux.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:14 am
I listened to the album for a third time yesterday, and my feelings are growing more progressively mixed. I still like it- but a few of the songs seem like rehashes of Banshees work, and others just seem like weak tracks for her standards. I still think there are some great songs on the album, and it's a good first album as a solo artist, but I'm not as impressed as I was originally.  

GilAskan
Crew

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas