Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Grounding and it's varients Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:02 pm
TheDisreputableDog
TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog
...and I guess I sort of "earth-and-skied." lol
Was it an invocation or something else?
Probably some of each. I'm not very good at this. sweatdrop
Did you draw the deities into yourself? Please do describe it- I'm curious.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:56 pm
TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog
TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog
...and I guess I sort of "earth-and-skied." lol
Was it an invocation or something else?
Probably some of each. I'm not very good at this. sweatdrop
Did you draw the deities into yourself? Please do describe it- I'm curious.
Begin probably TMI...

I started out crouched on the ground with my hands and feet making contact with the earth. I called to Geb, asking Him to lend me some of His strength. I envisioned sort of a circuit of energy connecting me to the earth...I'm not really sure what to say about it...do you know how a reflector on a bicycle wheel turns into a loop of light when the bicycle wheel is turning? Sort of like that, rushing and revolving through us.

I began to rise and stretch my limbs out, keeping contact with the ground with my hands as long as possible, but letting them rise as well as my torso straightened--sort of a reverse Uttanasana--still maintaining that circuit from my hands down to the ground, until I was totally stretched up and loose as I could go. I called to Nut, asking Her to lend me some of Her strength. The circuit then stretched from the ground into my feet, up my body to my hands, and then up to the sky, less a circuit now than a conduit.

Nut and Geb were separated by Their father Shu so that animals and plants could live on the earth, because before that They were smothering much of creation between Them. I called to Shu, asking Him to lend me some of His strength. I felt the wind blow through me, and relaxed, still feeling the humming of the energy and connection--kind of like one of those plasma balls, cracklingly connected to the world.

I'm surprised actually I didn't put it in the Ineffable thread. This was during half-time of our last game of the day for the Sectionals Ultimate Frisbee tournament, we'd already played three games, I'd devoted more time to studying lately instead of practice so I wasn't exactly in prime condition to be running around all day, I was in pain, it was freezing, it was starting to rain, the whole team knew we weren't going to win anything but we were just trying to do our best, but we were flagging and the other team was so nasty we were starting to lose enjoyment in the game. I wanted my energy and the team's morale up, and my pain down.

We went back out to play right afterwards and started a four point streak, our best showing all day, and I scored one of those points, which was really unusual. I also didn't feel any pain at all after that until the next evening, and even then it was completely bearable, mostly fatigue rather than actual pain--the last tournament I played, I came home afterwards and could barely move or walk, and hurt for three days.

//Shrug.// So either I hit on something that really worked for me, the gods took pity and helped me out, it was all psychodrama, or it was the Advil I'd taken at the beginning of half-time and then promptly forgot about until three days later--or some combination.

But that's the best description I can give of it--and I don't really have any idea what I did, so if you do... wink Afterwards I reversed the visualization and motions to damp down the connection--it didn't go out altogether but faded as I became distracted by other things--and downed most of a pizza without noticing. xp

(As a note, Hethert is more often associated with the day-time sky, but I'm not as close to Her, Geb and Nut are a pair, and I know Nut is always there whether I can see the stars or not.)  

TheDisreputableDog

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:23 am
I guess I sort of "Tree". I usually have to do it in order to sleep, otherwise, my head is running in a million directions with no chance of resting until it's time for me to get up again and start my day. sweatdrop

I imagine all the energy I've extended throughout the day, all the little bits and pieces I've dropped off elsewhere drawing back to me - receding back into my body where it originated. Then, with that weakened, "stale" energy, I imagine a tree trunk extending from my body, breaking through my floor, and through the floor of the level under me, and into the basement. It lodges itself into the floor, where the roots extend deep into the ground, drawing energy to replenish me - I often feel an intense jolt, like full-body chills. Then I imagine this tree wrapping around me, growing taller and growing branches, and eventually sprouting healthy, green leaves. It all leaves me very peaceful and restful, and makes it much easier to fall asleep.

Of course, it might be completely unrelated to the practices in question, and might just be fluffy new-age psychobabble.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:49 am
DD>> Wonderful insight!

Would you say that the energy was the energy of said gods, or the energy of that which they patron/take care of etc? Just trying to hit on some key information.  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:38 am
TeaDidikai
Would you say that the energy was the energy of said gods, or the energy of that which they patron/take care of etc? Just trying to hit on some key information.
Well, that's kind of confusing to pin down because of how the Kemetic gods are in relationship to Their domains--Nut IS the sky, Geb IS the earth. A friend tells a story about how she said that she had never met Geb, and a priest told her, "Yes, you have. You're standing on Him."

At the same time, I don't adhere to the idea that all gods are part of Netjer the One as some do--I believe that only the Kemetic Netjeru come from the Kemetic Netjer, and gods from other traditions have their own reasons for being gods--but that means that the earth isn't solely Geb or Geb's. (Even in Kemetic tradition, things are all muddled and many gods have domain over or association with or live in the same or similar natural features. Tefnut is the rain and the dew and the moisture in the air, but Set is Lord of the Storm. The moon can be Djehuti or Khnum. Let's not even start on the sun. )

Which leaves room for other possibilities, such as the energy of the earth or the sky as unconnected to any particular god. And I never did anything that could properly be called grounding before I knew Geb, so I can't tell you whether there was a difference in the energy before I started into a Kemetic tradition--and depending on how I'm feeling about the nature of "where we are meant to be", I could argue that even if I had been able to ground beforehand, it could still have been Geb that I was connecting to because these are the gods I belong to...I think.

The "tradition" I was in before was so generic and impersonal it really had no impact on me. I enjoyed rituals but that was more for the communal energy than connection to the deities we named in them. So maybe I could never feel that connection because I was calling out to the wrong gods.

Sorry for waxing long-winded on this. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:55 am
Thanks DD.

It didn't clear anything up for me, but I'm not sure such a distinction can be made given your experiences.

mrgreen  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas