Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Is Yaoi Just a Phase? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Yaoi Just a Phase?
  No way!
  Maybe it is...
  Yeah, I won't like this in a month.
View Results

N I N J A _C H E E S E

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:36 am
it's a life long commitment ..i mean it is not fading it's actually becoming more addictive and the day wait minutes go by whee stressed ......i am gonna be reading yaoi, manga and watching anime years from now xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:47 pm
no it is not  

gaymanonthemoon

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:06 pm
[For most people, yes, probably]
[It's very popular because it's something that's still not completely accepted, like teens that get piercing just to piss off their parents.]

[I did start to lose interest myself, and I do read less june/BL]
[But, I hope to still like it ina few years (I've made it nearly five yearsalreadyXD)]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:04 pm
I honestly couldn't say for sure if yaoi is a phase for me. I've liked it almost as long as I've been a fan of anime and manga (I can't really remember how long it's been since then, but it's been a LONG time, trust me). I'll probably always be supportive of the existence of yaoi and real life gay couples, but I can't say for sure that I'll remain as big a fan of yaoi as I am now.  

Lum Cheng

Vinny Bertolli

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:03 pm
I don't think yaoi is a phase. It definitely isn't for me. Even if I never have time to look at it or money to buy it, I'm always going to like to look at it when the chance comes up. Like...lately!

But... I do think some people just like yaoi because of the "kawaii" and because their friends like it. When then find something else more "kawaii" maybe they'll forget about yaoi.

I think it's going to stay strong for a while...because, seriously now. THE HOTNESS. Come on! XD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:20 pm
I grew out of anime, but for some reason I haven't grown out of yaoi. D:  

Sir Regulus Lyonhart

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:42 pm
[Romiette]
I think it depends on the person. Some people will stay with it forever and others will eventually fall away from the group confused

Me, however, will be a life-long fan

*rereads post* OH.MY.GAWD!! eek

"Me, however, will be a life-long fan"

Did I actually type that grammatical abomination? burning_eyes

Die "me", DIE! That should be an "I". xp  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:27 pm
[Romiette]
[Romiette]
I think it depends on the person. Some people will stay with it forever and others will eventually fall away from the group confused

Me, however, will be a life-long fan

*rereads post* OH.MY.GAWD!! eek

"Me, however, will be a life-long fan"

Did I actually type that grammatical abomination? burning_eyes

Die "me", DIE! That should be an "I". xp
Where's your punctuation?! D: Tsk. Tsk.  

Sir Regulus Lyonhart

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:59 pm
I do think that if my sources get cut off, my fandom will die down, but not die off. Once I became a fan, I used many resources to get my yaoi crack and feed my obsession and I keep finding more to do so. Until the sources dry up, I see myself a fangirl for some time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:04 pm
I'm not entirely sure....I know one thing for sure I'm not going to "join some religion and start hating on homosexuality" I enjoy reading/looking at BL and I'm a christian and will continue on being so. In some ways I think it may be a phase but who knows I might end up being a fan forever. Nearly 4 years of reading BL and the love is still not going away =w=;;  

black moon girl

Namikaze Kaiyoko

Tipsy Kitten

9,475 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:18 pm
ninja Ninja Kyuubi Strikes! ninja
For me, Yaoi is a full blow life style part of my life. It's also a way for me to show my support for all my gay friends... (Don't ever give up boys! You have my 100% support!)
So no... don't think I see Yaoi disappearing any time soon...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:27 pm
For the big fanbase, it can be just a phase. Something quick that grabs your attention, then you abandon it.

For me, no. I've been into yaoi for two years and I can't think of myself ever letting go. I might spend my time reading other things, doing something that's not related to yaoi when I'm older, but I'm sure I'll always come back to it. It's a fact.  

Count Chocolat

ausgeburt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:02 pm
Like most people are saying, it really depends on the person. Like for me, when I was in the 8th grade I was SUPER into yaoi and slash and it sort of faded away when I got into high school. Now I'm revisiting it mainly because it got teh smexy and awesome again in my world.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:22 pm
Yaoi? A phase? No way!! I am Catholic and am quite into yaoi so you may call me a false believe or whatever I don't particularly care. My faith is still with me but it won't make me stop liking yaoi. I honestly don't see any wrong in liking yaoi. *shrugs* It really, like it has been said, depends on the person. I was always told I would grow out of it but I REALLLLY don't see that happening...not in a long shot. I've been active in yaoi rps and all that stuff for almost eight years. I do read other stuff and am involved with non yaoi anime and such but it doesn't mean that it is just a phase, definitely not. I mean I admit I am not crazy fangirl over it like I was, but I still like it...it's no longer an obsession it sits in right with my love for anime, manga, video games, drawing, etc...it is there but it's there as a really awesome part of my life that I really enjoy and not something that is just an obsession. I, honeslty, don't mind homosexuality and don't mind yaoi. It's kewl with me biggrin .
There definitely has been a rapid increase of yaoi int he world, but like anime or any other new and rapidly growing thread it will soon start to simmer down and become a calm flow just like hentai, anime, video games, etc. Hopefully if that happens it won't be completely shut out and will still be pretty high in popularity biggrin I don't see it slowing down anytime soon though.  

Lastea

FagCake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:40 pm
It can be a phase for some people.

Me personally, I've never been obsessed with it or liked it enough to consider it even close to a phase. It's like ice cream to me, just another one of those things I like but I don't eat everyday. That's the best way I can explain it.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff