Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Peach's Sketchbook -Updated December 15th- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuri Mono

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:30 pm
princess_peach141
My second attempt at a hand. Note, i had to keep moving my hand and trying to get it in the same position again cuz i was in spanish class whee . And yeah i know plenty of flaws. But at list it's harder than the last one i did right?

User Image

Ah. Well, first off, while the first segment of the middle finger is in fact longer than the rest, it's not as pronounced as you have drawn it in the picture.
And the knuckles should be slanted in the opposite direction, as in not downward, but upward, and the thumb should be a little longer. And the tips of the fingers shouldnt ge as tapered.

Good job overall though, the way you have it drawn, the thumb meets the forefinger roughly where it should, it's just not in perspective with the rest of it.
The actual knuckles themselves, though, are very nicely drawn. :3

Practice practice practice!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:30 pm
Yuri Mono
princess_peach141
My second attempt at a hand. Note, i had to keep moving my hand and trying to get it in the same position again cuz i was in spanish class whee . And yeah i know plenty of flaws. But at list it's harder than the last one i did right?

User Image

Ah. Well, first off, while the first segment of the middle finger is in fact longer than the rest, it's not as pronounced as you have drawn it in the picture.
And the knuckles should be slanted in the opposite direction, as in not downward, but upward, and the thumb should be a little longer. And the tips of the fingers shouldnt ge as tapered.

Good job overall though, the way you have it drawn, the thumb meets the forefinger roughly where it should, it's just not in perspective with the rest of it.
The actual knuckles themselves, though, are very nicely drawn. :3

Practice practice practice!!!!!
yeah. after i finished i noticed the middle finger thing and i was like "dang it!" but if i erased it i'd screw it up so i left it be. thanks for the advice. and then knuckle thing, i had NO CLUE how to do them so i guessed  

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

loontje

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:03 am
Decided to give it a go so: here is another paintover. Hope it helps. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:39 pm
loontje
Decided to give it a go so: here is another paintover. Hope it helps. wink
thanks, that helps a ton!  

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:25 pm
I just added a hand drawing resource to the Tutorials and Resources sticky in the main forum.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:14 pm
cool, i'll check it out  

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:29 pm

I can't wait to see more from you! You're definently improving with everyone's help. I hope you do another piece soon. It really helps to practice a lot and not leave too much time between drawings. Drawing is one of those skills that just deteriorates after time... unlike bike riding apparently. haha

Anyway, I wouldn't dwell too long over the hand drawing. I'd go and do another drawing yet this time focus on the hands and what not. It doesn't help to just go nuts over one picture. Sometimes you have to take what you've learned and just move on with it. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:46 pm
thanks. well i'm debating on what to try next and if i wanna practice it anime like or real. but i can't do anything that looks presentable other than hands realistic crying i guess it's all in practice right? I'mma be taking an intro to art class at my high school next semester and then next year i'm taking a drawing and painting class. i'm looking forward to it. BUT until then i'll keep practicing and hopefully improve. Thank you all for all your input. i'm trying to take in all the advice and put it into effect. Well i guess i'll end my rant here sweatdrop  

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:19 pm
Well here's something i did today. I really suck of side views, or profile views so i thought i'd practice that. next i htink i'll tryu a male and then maybe ones with a body.....that'll be scare O.o lol. anyways here it is.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:48 pm
Here's my attempt at drawing a guy comforting a girl...yeah. I dunno if it's too small. it's bigger but i'm trying to keep and resize everything.

User Image  

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:49 pm
I'll be posting another drawing in a few, it's jsut i haven't got around to scanning. and i've been drawing more than i show but some of them aren't so good so i'm not posting them....i know i can do better  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:17 am
somethings that i've noticed with the profile picture.
When you draw an eye from the side, the iris/pupil look diferent. It looks like they've been squished, and the eyelashes should show a bit as well.
User Image

Also the top of the head had a lump, but we can blame that on the inking process... >__> and the hair around the ears. It looked like the hair was one big thing, like a hat, and the hair poked through a little hole. Make sure to draw the bangs as one part, and the body of the hair as a different part, if nothing else. It really helps to kinda draw in the individual hairs as well, and then you can go back and draw in the hair as one piece, instead of the separate hairs.
User Image

You're improoving, keep it up!!  

Yuri Mono

princess_peach141

1,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:46 am
thanks. n_n and i've tried drawing with individual hair for it all and lets just say, bluntly, i suck at it lol. so usually i draw the bangs, then the rest of the hair and sometimes i'll drawing the "grains" or whatever. the lines on the hair to make it look more peicey?

thanks for the advice. i'd been told about the eye thing before and i tried to fix that but i guess i didn't crying eh, it's all in practice.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:04 am
practice practice practice till you're sick of it, and then practice some more... Dx

it helps to draw from references too. Like find some random profile picture and draw it. shrug.  

Yuri Mono

Poetic_Skater

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:55 am
princess_peach141

i think i'mma re-draw it with eyes like this:

User Image

Here I will show you how a Basic Eye should be drawn with one of my Previous drawings. I am better than this now but I am not gonna try and Draw over yours with me only having a Mouse.

Here
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

SORRY FOR NOT RESIZING IT.

Also Note that this was done in MS Paint.
Also I messed up on the Eye Lashes like you back then but they really shouldnt be that many that are visible. That doesnt mean that they arnt there, its that when you have eyelashes they arnt flat or Straight so they curve. Since they curve you wont always be able to see them. Also since I am a portrait artist I have to point out that the general shape of the actual eye is like a thin Almond.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff