Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
So Whats on your altar? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:47 am
TheDisreputableDog
When I have a table I can put this guy on it. Right now he's on the table next to my bed. I've never used cone incense before, though, so I haven't been able to light him up, and I can't find any more matches. But I love him.
He's really cool.

What spiritual meaning (if any) does he hold for you?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:54 pm
TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog
When I have a table I can put this guy on it. Right now he's on the table next to my bed. I've never used cone incense before, though, so I haven't been able to light him up, and I can't find any more matches. But I love him.
He's really cool.

What spiritual meaning (if any) does he hold for you?
Not really spiritual I suppose, except that incense is useful and pleasing to Netjer--but he was a gift from my brother, who is very important to me, so he's significant in that way.

And just damn cool. whee

My brother was in Florida, and he says he saw it and said "An Ent reading a book--it's perfect." He also got it to match my Swiss tree whistle, which I have a picture of somewhere, and used to be on my altar when I was more generic Neo-pagan--I have some pictures of that altar as well I should dig up.  

TheDisreputableDog

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:18 pm
Right now, I don't really have a formal altar. I have a little area set up on top of a dresser in the corner, facing south. It has a little fountain on it with a Greco-Roman pattern on it, then stacks of incense, a nice little candle (black with a dragon on it) and a bottle. Next to that is a small cup of water, and an incense burner (water for putting out unfinished incense). It's basically an area for small burnt offerings (usual incense, if you haven't guessed already sweatdrop ), until I can find a good statue of Athena. Then I'll dedicate an altar for her, personally. No pictures till then.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:32 pm
I have two shrines, one is a main one to all the gods and spirits (I'm an Olympianist) with a shelf above it that holds my sand/stone/mineral collection which I dedicate to the gods, stone animals that represent the gods to me, and a statuette of Kateri Tekakwitha, a Native American woman that has been Blessed by the Roman Catholic Church--although I'm no longer Catholic, it is part of my heritage, and Kateri was the first entity that I ever felt a connection to. There is also a gilded oak leaf to represent Zeus as the Father of the Gods.
User Image
User Image

I am also working on a small shrine to Hermes as patron of travel and commerce. I have been developing a closer relationship with Him over the last year, and decided that I should recognize that relationship. The shelf below the shrine is my collection of pressed coins--highly appropriate in my opinion.
User Image

EternalHearts

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:08 pm
EternalHearts

I am also working on a small shrine to Hermes as patron of travel and commerce. I have been developing a closer relationship with Him over the last year, and decided that I should recognize that relationship. The shelf below the shrine is my collection of pressed coins--highly appropriate in my opinion.
Do you have any of the Mercury Dimes?
Have you ever thought about buying one of the ancient uncleaned coin lots off of eBay?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:22 pm
TeaDidikai
Have you ever thought about buying one of the ancient uncleaned coin lots off of eBay?

I do, but they are curently burried in a chest under a ton of my brother's crap--need to unburry the collection and add it to the shrine.

As for the ancient coin lots...I actually haven't even seen them. I'm going to have to check them out and get one when I have a few extra bucks. Thank you for the suggestion!

EternalHearts

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:27 am
On my altar atm I have:

*A tiny tiny little glass chalice. Which is really really impractical.
*A bowl for offerings
*Some of my favourite crystals (I use them to mark compass pints/a circle if I feel the need to cast one. Which isn't often because In my path it's not necessary).
*an altar candle, plain and boring xD
*A pentacle
*A purple censer.
*A moroccan pillbox which I stand my stick and cone insence in (The morocco part is of no significane...it's just a pretty jar xD)
*salt
*water
*matches (wooo!)
*A widdle statue to represent the godess until I get proper candles smile

Under the altar in my drawer I have my BoS/Grimoire and in the corner I have my wand and stang (WiP)

Thats alot of stuff xD But I like having a whole myraid of stuff so I'm ready for anything!

Pictures later.

P.s- Apologies in advance for any jetlag induced spelling and grammar errors.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:39 am
EternalHearts
TeaDidikai

I do, but they are curently burried in a chest under a ton of my brother's crap--need to unburry the collection and add it to the shrine.

As for the ancient coin lots...I actually haven't even seen them. I'm going to have to check them out and get one when I have a few extra bucks. Thank you for the suggestion!
The lots tend to run a couple hundred dollars.

Most of the lots are Roman, but there are some Greek as well.  

TeaDidikai

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:57 pm
my altar curently has on it:
my statue of Bast
a carved quarts lion
a carved amathist cyotie
a candle holder in the shape of a sleeping cat
a mirrior
a few differnet stones
an incence burner
a painting of a mother mountain lion and her cub
and a rainbow piller candle  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 am
Neko_Bast

and a rainbow piller candle
Does the rainbow have a special meaning?  

TeaDidikai

Celtic of the Fae

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:42 pm
Currently My Altar:
Two beeswax candles (*loves*) in holders.
One purple pillar candle.
My satchel with assorted stones.
Two small pewter bowls, one with salt in it and one reserved for water(currently has some fruit in it).
My Athame.
Incense burner.
Two roses (slowly drying out), one red one blue.
A pentacle.
And my BoS..

I have no scanner or digital camera.. so I can't really get any pictures up here.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:48 pm
TeaDidikai

Okay, maybe when I have more than a few extra dollars. gonk It'll make a really nice offering to Hermes when I can afford it though. Thanks agian for the idea!

AingealOreiad

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:23 pm
AingealOreiad
TeaDidikai

Okay, maybe when I have more than a few extra dollars. gonk It'll make a really nice offering to Hermes when I can afford it though. Thanks agian for the idea!
Very welcome.

Also- you can always pay someone to use PMC to make a replica.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:03 pm
one of my previous pics. my altar is a constantly evolving thing that if the moment moves me, i will rearrange it as per my whim. i have also collected a few more things (raven's feather, Brighid pic handdrawn at our Imbolc vigil, Kuan Yin, ascetic Buddha, olive branch, etc).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 am
What do the torcs mean to you?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items