Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:12 pm
*Kits sinks down onto one of the bar stools, wondering why somebody would want to do something like this* sad

*walks into the lounge, putting his head on Kits' lap*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:12 pm
*tries to stay focused and take in all the new information* (・△・;) Ah, I feel like I'm going to be getting lost in this place alot. Water really isn't my thing so maybe coming when all the pools are closed was a good thing. The art exhibit though is right down my alley since I can still be lazy and participate at the same time. I don't want to discourage other artists from partcipating though so maybe I'll be a celebrity commentator. (^∇^)  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:24 pm
Amy smiled. "That's when it would be good to take a trolley, then. No way of getting lost that way!"

When Kai mentioned the part about being a celebrity commentator, Amy laughed. Her head tilted back and she actually laughed unhindered and unrestrained. She forgot how Kai could make her do that.

A few moments later, she calmed down, wiped at the corner of her eyes, and looked back at Kai. "Oh man... Out of all days, this would be the one I'd least expect to laugh like that. Thank you for that, Kai. I needed it. And you know, I think a celebrity commentator is exactly what this place needs on our art nights, especially after this. You could make everyone laugh and forget about this fire. Maybe we could have another art night or something this weekend just to show people that we're not afraid of whoever did this and we're still here and strong. Would you maybe want to stop by again this weekend?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:43 pm
*tired of sitting in the damp room that still smelled of smoke, Kits got up and wandered out back, Smok following her. She heard Amy's voice and walked over that way, but seeing that Amy was talking to somebody, didn't say anything*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:53 pm
( ̄▽ ̄*) Oho, don't be so sure. If there's a way to get lost I'll find it... damn Murphy and his law. *laughs*

I like the idea when you put it that way. Our spirit won't be broken! The show must go on. I'll make sure I'm available this weekend and call it a date.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:54 pm
Daniel appeared suddenly in the men's locker room, stopping a pace away from the door that led into the large hot tub room behind him. His face wore a bit of a scowl, but it quickly softened into something of resignation. It only took a few minutes to locate where Amy had gotten to, as well as find out how long it had been. Striding purposefully outside, Daniel slowed his pace as he found Amy sitting with the individual who had arrived just before he left, as well as spotting Kits nearby. Deciding that he could be discrete in how he addressed the matter. Striding up to the table he stopped a few paces off, waiting for Amy to finish and address him.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:10 pm
Amy almost felt tears come to her eyes at Kai's words, his show of support. She especially liked how he said 'our' spirit won't be broken, including himself in with Aqua Springs.

With her eyes shining, she leaned forward and wrapped her arms around Kai. She sighed in relief and rested her head on his shoulder. "Kai... Thank you. That means so much to me. And I'm so glad you'll set aside this weekend to be here. I know how busy you usually are. You're such a good friend."

She hugged him once more and then pulled back, a very relieved and happy smile on her face. "I'm guessing you have the same cell number as when we were dating. If not, just write your new one down before you leave and I'll text you when we have more details about this weekend. So, what have you been up to lately, besides being a great support for people who are going through hell at the moment?"

She laughed slightly, but before Kai could respond, Amy heard footsteps close to her. She looked up, expecting to see an employee there. When she saw it was Kits, though, her eyes widened and she quickly stood up. She saw the pained look on Kits' face and new it mirrored what Amy's had been before Kai had gotten here. Amy frowned and hugged Kits tightly.

"Oh Kits... Are you alright? I mean, as alright as can be expected? Kai here is helping cheer me up a lot. Why don't you sit with us and hang out for a little bit? It could do you some good, too. We're even talking about having either another art show this weekend or something to show that we're still as strong as ever. Kai's going to help us with it by being a commentator."

Before Amy sat back down again, another person came over to the table. She looked up and saw it was Daniel. She nodded to him and looked a little more serious.

"Hi Daniel. Have you found out something already?"

She looked behind her and gestured to Kai. "Daniel, this is Kai, a very good friend. Kai, this is Daniel, our security officer here at Aqua Springs."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:18 pm
*hugs Amy back* I'm just glad my paintings weren't damaged... We can rebuild everything else, but I don't think I could fix those. They're soaked, but that's about it. *sighs* I'm not sure we'll be able to do anything this weekend. The front room is going to take a lot of work before we can open it again. neutral  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:48 pm
Daniel nodded curtly to the stranger that Amy introduced as a friend. At least Amy was looking a little more relaxed. At Amy's inquiry, Daniel looked at those gathered there and cleared his throat.

"Yes. I have. The fire was not intentional. Though it's cause could only be described as complete and utter stupidity. The individual was unfamiliar to me, and fled quickly. Possibly fearing repercussions."

Daniel paused a moment, allowing Amy and Kits to soak in what he had said, then took a deep breath and continued.

"However, there is a very distinct possibility, though I am not entirely at liberty to explain how or why, that this incident doesn't have to have happened."

Daniel left his statement at that. He was now treading on very thin ice, and intended to only offer up information that was asked for, and even then only as long as it didn't complicate things.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:05 pm
*he smiled and nodded back to the security guard while internally he was doing everything he could to prevent himself from erupting in anger. Being ignored was a deadly sin against Kai and normally would have consequences, but in his current company he'd restrain himself as best as he could*

It looks like I'm being a 3rd wheel here... er 4th... or however the expression goes. Maybe it's best to let you handle your business, besides I really should be on my way. I'll show myself out. Take care and let me know how things are going for this weekend.

*he winked and headed out the same way he came in to avoid going through any damaged areas*  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:11 pm
Amy frowned and wrapped an arm around Kits' shoulders. "I checked your paintings earlier today, when I first found out about this, and had the employees work on recovering as much as they could as quickly as they could. I don't know much about how to restore art, so I couldn't tell them much about what to do. I didn't want to tell you about your paintings getting wet because I knew you had enough to deal with already. I figured if you found out about all this in increments, it might be better. I'm sure we can find art restoration places in the city if we need to, if you discover anything that is bad as we uncover more areas."

"Why don't you and your pets stay at mine and Karrie's house? Thistle is pretty much better and is on medicine, so she's not contagious. You shouldn't be home alone tonight."

Amy looked at Daniel and carefully listened to all he had to say. She was confused when he said it wasn't intentional but that the fire was just started out of stupidity. How could someone be that stupid? Really, how was that possible?

Then, at the next part of what Daniel said, she grew really confused. "This didn't have to have happened? What do you mean, Daniel?"

When Kai turned to go, Amy's eyes widened and she looked disappointed. "Kai, you don't have to go! You're not a 4th wheel at all and could help..."

But Kai was already heading out. He could have been really tired, too, and it wasn't fair of her to try and keep him here longer. He already offered to be here this weekend! He also had helped her out so much just by cheering her up. She shouldn't try to keep him here.

She smiled and waved to Kai. "Well, I'll text you when this weekend gets closer so you know the details. Thank you again, Kai... So very, very much."

Amy turned back to Kits and nodded firmly. "You know, even if we can't have anything done on the inside, we'll have it out here under a tent. We have to show that we're strong and resilient Kits. We can do this. We have to do this. Show a strong and united front. And you know, maybe we could contact Liada and ask to borrow her construction workers? What do you think? She said they could work both day and night."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:28 pm
Well, I use acrylic paints, so the paintings themselves don't seem to be damaged. The wooden frames of the canvases might be a little warped, but once the canvas dries out, it will be possible to take it off the frame and put it on a new one. It'll be a little tricky, though. sweatdrop

*gets a text and reads it as Amy responds to Daniel* Stupidity? neutral I don't believe that.

*looks back up at Amy* Thanks for the offer... I'll bring my pets over if it's okay, but Rod just offered to let me stay with him. *rests her hand on Smok's head* I'm sure Smok and Mwee, at least, would like the chance to stay with Thistle. They haven't seen her for a while. Gwee would probably like to come too. He and Velcore have always been good friends. I'll change Smok back to normal size, of course.

If Liada would help us, that would be great. *nods* We should ask her.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:32 pm
Daniel watched as Amy's friend left, a look of interest crossing his face briefly, and a mental note made. Just as quickly, he returned his attention to Amy and Kits.

"Well, as I said, I can't really explain the what. Or the how. Or anything really. Other than to say that if you give your blessing for me to proceed, this event will not happen."

Daniel's eyes narrowed slightly before he proceeded. He chose his following words carefully.

"And by that I mean to say there will have been no fire. Well no major one. And this day will have been considerably less stressful. It is a huge decision. The irony being that if you choose to allow me to proceed, you won't have to make it."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:43 pm
Amy looked a little disappointed as Kits said that the pets could come over but she was going to be going to Rod's. She had hoped that Kits would come home with her. She could use Kits' company, too. But then she remembered that it seemed as if Kits was uncomfortable around Amy and Karrie at the same time. She had hoped that maybe that would go away the closer Kits and Rod became, but she guessed it was still present. It sucked, but Amy couldn't do anything about it.

She nodded. "Alright. Just bring them over when you want. Thistle won't be able to play too much since she's not completely better, but she can spend time with them. She can play for a little bit."

She smiled softly at Kits. "And, you might want to ask Liada. She might still be uncomfortable with me about the potions store thing. I mean, she sent you to give me the potion instead of giving it to me herself. I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable, especially if we're asking if we can borrow her construction workers."

Amy turned back to Daniel and now was completely baffled. "Daniel... I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about."

{{I'll have to leave soon. I can probably get one or two more posts in.}}  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:05 pm
*smiles a little bit* I'm sure they'll like that. *doesn't want to say too much about Rod with Daniel there sweatdrop *

*squeaks happily*

I would, but I don't have any way of contacting her... sweatdrop The day I brought over the medicine for Thistle, I just happened to see her at MW.

*looks at Daniel* I think it's best not to mess with the past. neutral I don't know what you're thinking of, but I'm sure there are a lot of consequences that you don't even realize.  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games