Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:38 am
I got one of those windows too. D:
Stressful semester has been quite stressful.
But it's over!  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Just finished my last concert with a lot of amazing seniors. :[ I'm gonna miss them a lot, along with the freshmen that are being redistricted. Each year it just gets sadder and sadder. D=

On a somewhat happier note, apparently DM auditions are in a week! At least, that's what it said on our concert program.  

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:34 pm
I hate when people graduate.
So so much.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:17 pm
    Yeah. Band banquet last night= lots of crying.

On a side note, looks like I'm gonna be the first to audition for drum major, because I have an orthodontist appointment right after it. xd We have to fill out a bunch of questions and what we would do for certain situations on a sheet (I'm done with that, just editing some of my answers and such), conduct a piece (still haven't been given that yet...), and "teach a rank of students the steps for a block in 8". I'm not sure if this means to teach a box in 8 or just basically run a basics block, but I'll ask about it. I'm nervous, though...

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:48 pm
I just got that stupid pop-up in this topic again! I think our thread is cursed...

I wanted to be a drum major in high school. xd Never tried out though.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:13 pm
    Whew! Auditions were today, results are posted on friday. I think I did okay- the conducting was good, I went way too fast through teaching (and I bruised my hand from clapping too hard xd ), but it wasn't too bad, and I think I did well on the interview, other than blanking at some parts.

I really hope I get it, though. If I don't, I'm okay with it, I'll just be a bit disappointed.

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:20 pm
I can't conduct, therefore I lose.

I tried out for section leader but didn't get it. Two sophomores got it over two juniors. Pisses me off. I've also voluntarily went to all available away games, and both the section leaders never went to any.

Grrrrr.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:48 pm
I can conduct, I just can't keep time. There's a difference. xD

I'm pretty much automatic section leader in my section, simply because I've been here a year longer than everyone else in my section.

Hopefully you'll get it next year, Tuba. And I hope you did well, Terra. biggrin

Our last concert is June 3, our band banquet is June 11.
Prom (and my best friend's birthday) is June 12. Guess the plan I had had of asking him to prom is kind of shot. lol.
Anyway, yeah. Graduation is June 19, same day as my friends from our rival school. I almost hope they don't invite me to theirs so I don't have to choose between friends and band.  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:21 pm
I am playing for my highschool's graduation again this year.
I just keep coming back.
Bwahaha.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:55 pm
    So, yeah. Didn't get it. I'm not mad or anything, I'm just disappointed and confused...I mean, they changed the second position to field conductor anyway, but even though I didn't get that, the runner-up for drum major is supposed to get band manager, which someone trying out for section leader got. So I just don't understand, but it's cool. A lot of people told me that they thought I deserve it more, but I'll just try again next year. Even though my chances will be a lot lower because I'll be a senior for that season, it doesn't matter to me, because I'm not just gonna give up. :] I really think I'd be good, and I'm gonna prove that to them.

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:46 pm
They don't know what they are missing!
Tell them that you are a band nerd guild mod and KICK EM IN THE FACE.
It always works for me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:55 pm
I probably would've been the mellophone section leader my senior year if I hadn't moved to pit. But no, I kept insisting on trying something different every season, haha.  

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:03 pm
    I don't care that I'm not drum major this season...there's always next year. Right now I'm just too freaking excited for this season as a whole. :] I missed our staff, so seeing them again today was awesome, our new freshman seems really nice, I'm an upperclassmen now, and GRAND NATIONALS. =D I love band!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:37 pm
    Oh, and yay for our part one being in 7/4 for half of it! From what little we've heard of our show, it sounds really cool...and the entire wind line rests for more than half of part one, so I'm hoping for some really cool visual stuff. :]

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 pm
You start marching season super early O.o  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers