Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 am
Little sister.
You're my sister, but we have nothing in common. You've always been the golden child, the baby and the apple of our mother's eye.
You're an individual. So am I.
So why did you take my wedding place Christian overtones and scripture in it and call it yours?
You wore my veil without asking. You took what for me was a unique pre-Christian tradition and tied it to your spirituality. Then you used the same song as I did for your father/daughter dance. Do you have any idea the significance that song held for me? And how much you taking it hurt?
And then you tell me that I was ruining your wedding? When I was so sick I could barely walk!?!
When you first announced that you were moving to Washington state I was sad that I wouldn't get to see you, because you're my sister. At this point I don't even want to see you again. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to have any contact with you. It's why I've been posting to you on Gaia, a place I know you'll never go. I can let my feelings out and not have to worry that you'll see them and want to talk about it.

You're the one who wanted us to be closer. I made the effort. Now I'm done. I wish you well and hope you are happy, but I don't want to have any contact with you again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:49 pm
You couldn't at least ask me if I wanted to be a troupe apprentice? Instead you let someone who is just coming up to level 3 be one? Yes, I would have probably said no for my own reasons, but you obviously think I'd be good enough if you think that my hip is the problem and not my skill.

It just hurts. That I get no feedback in class, enough that all the troupe members have noticed and commented, but my ideas are good enough to use. It hurts that I don't get from you what I put in. It hurts that I would never have known if one of the troupe members, who is probably going to leave/be let go because of her own knee problems, hadn't told me.

I love dancing, but sometimes I don't like what my teacher does.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:45 pm
OMG BRIDZILLA! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:48 am
Esiris
TeaDidikai
That's not how that works. Anyone who spends even a week with me figures that out. It's one thing if there's a meal being made for a causal event and I leave out the tip jar. It's another if I take you out and spend money on you.

When people worry about who spent how much money on their friends, it's not a friendship that is being celebrated. You're supposed to return good with good but hinging it on money isn't the way to go. How do you put a price on need? A sandwich may only cost a couple bucks, but when you're starving it's worth it's weight in gold. I don't need the two dollars back when so much more was given. Maybe what I need only costs fifty cents, but me needing it as much as I do means it's as valuable as that sandwich was to someone who was hungry.

But if you snub them trying to repay that kindness- aren't you snubbing the friendship? sweatdrop

If they didn't ask for repayment, then wouldn't paying it back be akin to snubbing the initial gift giving? In a sense, it becomes a provider/consumer relationship at that point and not of two people with one wanting to quantifiably show their appreciation.

Money, yes, can be a gift in itself. I find that if it's in response to a gift given, it nulls the initial gift - I might as well as just let them go to the store and buy it themselves (that's what I'm making it to be.)  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:00 am
Really United? Really!

I have to get my plane tickets cancelled because my orders changed. No, I didn't buy insurance on my plane ticket because it was based on my orders. While I appreciate that you are willing to give me a non-transferable credit that is good for a year, I go on deployment as soon as I get to my next ship.

So how is this helping anything?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:41 pm
saint dreya
Esiris
TeaDidikai
That's not how that works. Anyone who spends even a week with me figures that out. It's one thing if there's a meal being made for a causal event and I leave out the tip jar. It's another if I take you out and spend money on you.

When people worry about who spent how much money on their friends, it's not a friendship that is being celebrated. You're supposed to return good with good but hinging it on money isn't the way to go. How do you put a price on need? A sandwich may only cost a couple bucks, but when you're starving it's worth it's weight in gold. I don't need the two dollars back when so much more was given. Maybe what I need only costs fifty cents, but me needing it as much as I do means it's as valuable as that sandwich was to someone who was hungry.

But if you snub them trying to repay that kindness- aren't you snubbing the friendship? sweatdrop

If they didn't ask for repayment, then wouldn't paying it back be akin to snubbing the initial gift giving? In a sense, it becomes a provider/consumer relationship at that point and not of two people with one wanting to quantifiably show their appreciation.

Money, yes, can be a gift in itself. I find that if it's in response to a gift given, it nulls the initial gift - I might as well as just let them go to the store and buy it themselves (that's what I'm making it to be.)

In Gujurati culture, it seems the norm for my parents' generation to pay each other back when we all go out. Argue who's going to pay, for sure, but many times we try and pay our share.  

Bane of Ezekiel

Liberal Regular

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:53 am
Dear landlord;
Did you seriously ask us to move out so that you can move your mother in. Yes, she broke her ankles, but we have a lease. We shouldn't have even crossed your mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:36 am
maenad nuri
Dear landlord;
Did you seriously ask us to move out so that you can move your mother in. Yes, she broke her ankles, but we have a lease. We shouldn't have even crossed your mind.

Is he trying to force you out? How much longer till your lease is done?  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:23 pm
saint dreya
maenad nuri
Dear landlord;

We just signed it, so, a year.

He's asking it of us, not forcing us. But gah, that's going to make things tense. We're going to make an effort to look for a similar deal, but we don't want to move. And I doubt our roommate and his fiancee wants his GRANDMOTHER living with them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:48 pm
maenad nuri
saint dreya
maenad nuri
Dear landlord;

He's asking it of us, not forcing us. But gah, that's going to make things tense. We're going to make an effort to look for a similar deal, but we don't want to move. And I doubt our roommate and his fiancee wants his GRANDMOTHER living with them.

Wow, that's definitely a situation. I agree with you - he needed to have thought before he asked that of you.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:34 pm
saint dreya
maenad nuri
saint dreya
maenad nuri
Dear landlord;

Wow, that's definitely a situation. I agree with you - he needed to have thought before he asked that of you.

We're meeting with him tonight, so we'll see what happens. I think its more a crappy situation all around, trying to find the grandma a place to live during rehab, and this house is an easy option.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:46 pm
One: You are such a waste of our HP's valuable time, and of the Coven's. Our HP's Craft-mom? Won't come around anymore, because you're such a rude, frustrating, attention-seeking, irredeemably stupid b***h. Note: You have harmed the entire Coven's chances to learn from her wealth of knowledge, which she so kindly chooses to share with us when she isn't being interrupted by your irrelevant bullshit.

Two: Yes, we all know you're ******** around on your awesome, intelligent, charismatic husband. Let that sink in a moment. We all know. And we know it's because you're so desperate to have a child and con him into thinking it's his, in some sick attempt to chain him to you before he realizes you're not worth the trouble. You talk about him like he's a trophy, won from a grand conquest, when all you ever did was wear him down. You made yourself such a nuisance to him, that it was easier to just marry you and shut you up; I don't know if you realize it yourself, but you do as good as tell us, play-by-play, every time you regale us with a completely non sequitur rendition of your storybook romance.

I'm no saint, myself, but this is too much.  

Ultramarine Violet

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:39 pm
I am pissed and saddened that the company I've been working with for a year has decided they weren't going to hire me full time. What bothers me more, though, is that every time my crappy employment status comes up, usually because I am incredibly upset that no one seems to want me, I get the same advice. "Oh, it'll get better, it always gets better." "Really, it's all Obama's fault, once he's gone the economy will pick up." "This is a great time to start looking at the stuff I wanted you to do in the first place, because I know exactly what you should do with your life."

Sometimes, I just want them to tell me something that might be totally useless or stupid but will make me feel better.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:09 pm
Gay men who disregard the validity of heterosexual men are as bad as the people who disregard the validity of homosexual men. Bias and mistreatment isn't ok- no matter who's doing it. stressed  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

DemoniaFairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:04 pm
The stupidest thing, but I'm going to jabber about it anyway...

I just started working at a place about two weeks ago. I make an effort to be polite and friendly to everyone. There is one girl that no matter how much I smile when we pass or try to make friendly conversation with, she gives me s**t looks and is rude whenever she can be. Today she hurt my feelings by calling me a swine bucket. I just smiled and continued on even though it stung.
I have no idea why she chose to hate me, I see her getting along with everyone else we work with. I'm trying to be patient and hope that after a while of being there she will warm up to me or at least not look at me the way she does. This sucks because all day all I can think about is "swine bucket!"  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff