Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:01 pm
Esiris
God I suck at this. Did any of that even make sense? Playing the Oppression Olympics minimizes struggles by saying "My oppression is worse than yours!". Overplaying the Empathy Card minimizes struggles by saying "Your oppression is just like mine!" when they're not.

Like the "identifying your issues as the same as mine" that we previously talked about, taking away from the individual's experience?

EDIT: Really Gaia!? You use obviously charged descriptors in the general description of the over arcing item, which this one other belongs to, and you expect us not to see it as a slur?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:39 pm
saint dreya

Like the "identifying your issues as the same as mine" that we previously talked about, taking away from the individual's experience?

Yeah- and there's also a sense of intrusion- which is what I was having a hard time explaining.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:02 am
Esiris
saint dreya

Yeah- and there's also a sense of intrusion- which is what I was having a hard time explaining.

I think I'm understanding it. When you used the analogy of taking your sword instead of bringing your own, that made some more sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:13 am
saint dreya

I think I'm understanding it. When you used the analogy of taking your sword instead of bringing your own, that made some more sense.
Thanks! I'm glad you got it- I was failing. sweatdrop  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:43 am
Roller coaster - it's heated, it's predominately disliked, now it's heated again.

Come on Gaia! If there are over 300 who support a change on your website, make it happen.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:58 am
Hmm... I haven't posted in here in a while!

Happy - I've regained an old friendship. It's nice to see it pick up again.

Not so happy - I wish I could get a job, but I can't find anywhere within walking distance. I couldn't use the car because my dad has it... So... I'm kinda stuck at home, unable to do anything more entertaining than the dishes, and spending extended time on the computer. Blasted money... so close, yet so far away.  

Aydenfyre

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:08 pm
Raba raba raba raba!!!

It's obvious the use of the word is in a derogatory manner - Gaia lists them all as ruffians and degenerates! How is that not intended to insult? How is listing them all as questionable characters not in line with G~ being a slur?

And when is the petition going to actually be seen by developers and people who can start doing something about it? Over 300 signatures, I'm not able to post on Ask the Admins because I'm in class during that time, and Lanzer has to read the PM...  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:48 pm
I not saying that it wasn't a really horrible tragedy, but 9/11 was not the first time that Americans (on American soil) were killed by Al Qaeda, so I'd really appreciate it if Obama (and the rest of the world) would stop pretending that it is.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:26 pm
i keep getting told off by people because my capacity for compassion even extends to "terrorist mass murderers". so sue me that the death of a human made me sad and ill. goodness forbid that i express my opinion that i would have preferred he stand trial. they act like just because i felt bad about his death that somehow i must have not cried over all the people he killed. can't i feel bad for everyone who looses their life? why do things have to be so black and white to people?  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:50 am
Being poor sucks.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:42 am
AniMajor
Being poor sucks.

I hear that  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:50 am
Esiris
I hear that

It's not even a matter of cutting back on costs to have more money for bills and things. And it's not that we don't have a very small entertainment budget (which usually goes into the Best Coffee in the World, Jittery Joes). It's that it doesn't matter how much we cut back on things that aren't necessary or how much we lower our food costs, I will never have enough to pay my student loans each month. And it really stresses me out.

Ironically, though, about five minutes after I posted "Being poor sucks." I got an email back from someone saying "Hey, we might have work for you to do."  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:48 am
Strega Mama
i keep getting told off by people because my capacity for compassion even extends to "terrorist mass murderers". so sue me that the death of a human made me sad and ill. goodness forbid that i express my opinion that i would have preferred he stand trial. they act like just because i felt bad about his death that somehow i must have not cried over all the people he killed. can't i feel bad for everyone who looses their life? why do things have to be so black and white to people?

Because they are ignorant. While I'm not sad that he is dead - I couldn't really find any happiness in it either, and certainly wasn't celebrating it (and I know several other family members of victims who feel the same way). The way this has all played out, as you said, left me feeling sick to my stomach, and as a friend of mine (who lost her brother to Al Qaeda) said... something isn't right.

I particularly get upset at people who say that we are celebrating "justice" not that he's dead - which is total bullshit. I even had one guy tell me that it was ok for us to be dancing in the streets, because that's what the "terrorists" did when they killed our people. Clearly he didn't see what was wrong with that statement.

And that sense of "closure" that I'm supposed to be feeling right now.... not happening, don't think I ever will.

AniMajor
Being poor sucks.

QFT!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 am
Am I really that un-American, and un-military, if I'm glad they observed every Islamic requirement for his burial at sea? Am I really against what America stands for when I believe people should have a respectful send off to the other worlds?  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers