Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:16 pm

Our concert was on Thursday and it went pretty well. I had a solo for jazz band and got like a ton of compliments on it. That amazed me because the solo wasn't that hard nor did I play it that great. I guess I'm harder on myself than other people are...or people just complimented me because they were surprised that I was playing a solo? xp

On Wedesnday we played at the elementary school. They loooved heart us, but we just bored the highs school kids on Friday when we played at the Christmas music assembly. Stupid high school kids...can't impress them without sports and testosterone.

@ Peutaiite: I hate when you have to do things in band because you are "needed" somewhere. Like last year I got moved from the beloved horn to trumpet because our senior trumpet players quit. confused I would definitely not give up on being in the senior band. Annoy your director until he duct tapes your mouth shut even. Fight to the death and never give up. Don't accept your place and always try to rise above it. And if you stay in the lower band, don't give up either. Find some awesome hard music and practice that (so you don't stop practicing).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:51 pm
[Aelfwyn]

Our concert was on Thursday and it went pretty well. I had a solo for jazz band and got like a ton of compliments on it. That amazed me because the solo wasn't that hard nor did I play it that great. I guess I'm harder on myself than other people are...or people just complimented me because they were surprised that I was playing a solo? xp

On Wedesnday we played at the elementary school. They loooved heart us, but we just bored the highs school kids on Friday when we played at the Christmas music assembly. Stupid high school kids...can't impress them without sports and testosterone.

People won't compliment if there's nothing good about it, unless they're your parents. Parents say they love everything that comes out of your instrument. xd I bet it was great! =D

After winter break, we get to play with all the schools that feed into ours...yaay playing with elementary schoolers! I can't wait. They better love us and stick with band. :]

Tuba: I'm jealous! I always get a double cheesburger and lots of fries there...it's so delicious.

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:50 pm
They just built one near my house xD

$4000 for a euphonium, and two years of playing it, I think I might be due for a name change.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:42 pm
    I didn't get to goooo. :[ We had like, five thousand snow days this week, and now it's break. So hopefully it'll be rescheduled soon...I need my Five Guys fix now!

Well...is there really any other name as awesome as Tubariffic, though? "Euphoniumriffic" just doesn't work. xd

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:40 pm
Is Five Guys only on the east coast? I've never heard of it...Sounds like my kind of food though.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:54 pm
It is an east coast thing.
Basically the worlds greasiest burger joint, but it tastes awesome. Or so I've heard. I refuse to touch the stuff personally...  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:54 pm
Yeah I'm North Carolina, and I think Terra is Virginia, right?
Best burgers ever, and cheap.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:17 pm
    Maryland! =D Close, though.

It's so greasy and delicious and warm and the fries are amazing and they give you a ton and...yeah. xd

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:47 am
I'm from Virginia, probably why you thought that...
...and I have a friend at my school named Virginia. It's weird in APUSH class because she's like "HEY THAT'S MY NAME cool " sometimes. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:29 pm
I feel left out. I'm all teh way on the West Coast.  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:09 pm
Ahhh, crap. I hate getting people mixed up.

I love that we are discussing burgers xD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:21 pm
    It's because burgers are delicious!

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:56 am
You're just special for being on the other coast! No worries.
(:

Burger discussion...not that weird, lol.
IRL, I've discussed a lot of weirder food things than burgers.
Such as edible gelatinous cubes...(literally, such thick jello that we left it out all night at room temp and it didn't even start falling apart or anything...and that thing was my friend's birthday cake xD)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:47 pm
Mmm, I just gagged a bit.
Happy New Year!  

Tubariffic
Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:34 am
So did I when I tried to eat it >>;

Happy new decade. :l
So far it's not that happy for me...  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games