Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:13 am
Fiddlers Green

Actually, there are legally ordaining authorities (depending on State and Country) that don't require academic (or, if you're in the U.S., financial) institutions vouch-safing you.
I am aware... and perhaps slightly troubled at how lax such things are.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:14 am
Sakura Kaite Pendragon

I think the first one is just one of those things
Have you asked yourself if it is the Lord and Lady's sexuality and not your own that you are interested in?  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:11 pm
TeaDidikai
I am aware... and perhaps slightly troubled at how lax such things are.

What universal trait qualifies a Priest?
And what authority does a secular government have to designate who is and is not a holder of Ordination?
I am enraged that there is even a legal status attached to such matters and that it requires authorization from political agents, especially in my country.

But that's just my take on separation of church and state.

In my estimation, only internally to the religion can decisions be made on what qualifies a holder of authority, in such matters.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:14 pm
Fiddlers Green

What universal trait qualifies a Priest?
And what authority does a secular government have to designate who is and is not a holder of Ordination?
I am enraged that there is even a legal status attached to such matters and that it requires authorization from political agents, especially in my country.

But that's just my take on separation of church and state.

In my estimation, only internally to the religion can decisions be made on what qualifies a holder of authority, in such matters.

While I am deeply enamored with the rights afforded us by our freedom of religion, I am equally disgusted to see how those rights are abused.

While I make no claim to have all the answers- I do have some very deep concerns, such as the endorsement of child molestation by some "Wiccans", the shell game played with ***** Priests by the Catholic Church etc.

I am also a little saddened by the low standards of education- which I feel fuels the abuse of said rights.  

TeaDidikai

CrowNotAngelGRL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:22 pm
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm twenty-five and a Christian spiritualist so I wanted to join to talk to others involved in the spirit world as well. smile So just saying hi!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:26 pm
I'm 19, male, and curious about Paganism and Wicca.

I've read a few books, but I want to expand my knowledge in other ways (which is partly why I joined this guild).  

Astrox

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:17 pm
I'm not new, but I am back. I haven't really been online since 2005 or so, so I wanted to say hullo again. I'm an Egyptian influenced pagan who's currently a divined remetj, or lay member, of the Kemetic Orthodox church. I might eventually become a shemsu, but I'm not sure if that's what's right for me. I'm married and planning on eventually having kids. Eventually. *chuckles* I'm also a polyamorist, bisexual, otherkin, daughter of Bast who loves cats, witchcraft, puzzles, and hair falls.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:59 pm
mmm, hair falls.

Is it bad that I'm thinking of growing out my hair for the express purpose of being able to use dread falls?  

maenad nuri
Captain

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:08 pm
Nuri
mmm, hair falls.

Is it bad that I'm thinking of growing out my hair for the express purpose of being able to use dread falls?

Absolutely not. I made a set of my own, *squee* and I love them. And by the way... *HUGS FOR NURI* I don't even know if you remember me, but I missed you guys.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:18 pm
SlaineWildfire
Nuri
mmm, hair falls.

Absolutely not. I made a set of my own, *squee* and I love them. And by the way... *HUGS FOR NURI* I don't even know if you remember me, but I missed you guys.

Course I remember you! Geez, does everyone think I'm that ADHD?

...don't answer that. I really am.  

maenad nuri
Captain

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:25 pm
Nuri
SlaineWildfire
Nuri
mmm, hair falls.

ADHD, no, but it has been quite a while.... I got demoted in like, all of my guilds, which I understand. Ah well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:04 pm
SlaineWildfire
Nuri
SlaineWildfire
Nuri
mmm, hair falls.

ADHD, no, but it has been quite a while.... I got demoted in like, all of my guilds, which I understand. Ah well.

Stick back around and maybe you can get remoted.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Roukan Ookami

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:44 pm
hi!!! im lauren but my friends all call me cookie,
as u can see im new ^_^' um . . . im on a spiritual quest to learn about ALL the religons of the world and well this was always one that i was intrested in learning more about. what started this quest was when i was 6 and i started notcing things happening in my old house and when i was 10 i concluted my house was haunted and well growing up in a house where my parents were both chritians i was shuned for me belief in the paranormal. but i have always loved learning about religons and the ppl that practice them ^_^ and i hope to make alot of friends here xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:53 am
Ciao belli! I'm new. I'm Sing. I'm very interested in the facets of paganism. I've been interested since I was little, but being raised in a christian home made it hard to explore other religions. So here I am and I'm ready to learn.  

SinginginSilence

tulokyn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:38 pm
I'm tulokyn or tulo, whichever you prefer.

I'm 26, an eclectic neopagan seeker, recently decicded that I needed to take some time for spirituality again. I'm reading as much as possible, and, without a face to face community I feel comfortable seeking out at this moment in time, am taking a look for outer contact online.

So yeah, hello. smile  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games