Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:12 pm

Alas... I don't know the first thing about teaching Transfiguration so I can't grant that wish. But if you need more teachers I'm certainly willing to give Herbology another go...

Quote:
Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?

Since Decembler of 2005

2. How many posts have you made?

According to the record... 961 posts (whoa... I didn't realize I posted that much eek )

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?

Well I definitely was in my 1st and 2nd student years, everything else is kinda vague in my mind beyond that cause my real life school is been more of a priority to remember gonk But I graduated from the real school-ness, so now I'm free! Free as a bird! Free to do ANYTHING I WANT! ...within legal boundaries of course. sweatdrop ...I'm digressing aren't I?

4. Class you are applying for:

Herbology... I know last time I kinda failed at it but this time I'm prepared! Last time was last minute and hectic O_o'

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):

Professor Junimaia Basore (...or Madam Basore I guess, or whatever I named that Hospital Wing lady... I can't remember! gonk But yea... basically the nurse and the teacher would be one in the same...)

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:

Because I like to manipulate childre-- I mean... ninja because I'd like to contribute to the continued guild activity of course! Yep. Thats what I meant to say! (I have a sick twisted sense of humor, I know... I uh... I really don't manipulate them y'know... I was just kidding... really! )

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

*ahem* Well it'll be a combination of the traditional lecture/homework assignments and ongoing role-played in-class assignments. Herbology is technically very hands on after all... with the caring for plants and digging up that soil and what not. So alot of my in-class assignments will require students to properly care for certain kinds of plants and they will be graded on what they learn from that (if they make a mistake thats fine so long as they learn from it...grading on mistakes alone is kinda silly I think)

One such assignment will span the entire term having the students work on getting a seed to grow healthily into mature plant using the tools and information I provide them with. As they care for the plant they will also write journal entries on the progress of the plant and their thoughts as to why the plant is reacting to their care in the way it is.

There will also be a mid-term test halfway through the term and a final at the end.

8. Can you give us any references?

*cough* Well I guess IceeWitch is a reference... since she kinda asked me huh?

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:

Er... a bizarre sense of humour? I like to be quirky, perhaps it'll entertain the students enough to motivate them to learn.

10. Anything else you would like to add:

Ummm.... Devil's Snare rocks! ....YEAH!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:16 am

*cough* Juni's application is denied.... accepted!

IceeWitch

redpopsicles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:11 pm

Well, I guess I'd like to give Transfiguration a go. I think I've figured out a way to do it.

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? I've been on since January or February 2006.

2. How many posts have you made? 460

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? I've been enrolled in all classes offered for the two terms I've been active, and I always did all my homework. I also taught for one term.

4. Class you are applying for: Transfiguration

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Professor LeFey Rosier (redpopsicles)

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I taught Potions here before, and I really liked doing that. I'd like to teach Transfiguration because it's a needed course, and I think I've figured out a way to do it that will be fun.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) I want it to be both lecture and practical. I'll do lecture during the lessons and possible some RP practical in the thread. For homework I'd like to make it mostly practical using roleplay in the homework PMs (doing Transfigurations). Some homework will be theorectical, question and answer, based on lectures. Exams (probably 2 for the term) will be a combination of practical and question/answer. For this term I'd like to offer just one level, but in future terms I will add intermediate and advanced levels.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) VoluptuousJon has been a reference for me before. I don't remember who my other references were last time.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I have the desire to teach Transfiguration. blaugh But really, like all teachers, I want to keep the Guild active and help it grow. I want to help the Guild offer as many classes as possible so every student has a class to enroll in that he or she finds interesting.

10. Anything else you would like to add: Transfiguration rocks!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:56 pm

redpopsicles
Well, I guess I'd like to give Transfiguration a go. I think I've figured out a way to do it.

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? I've been on since January or February 2006.

2. How many posts have you made? 460

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? I've been enrolled in all classes offered for the two terms I've been active, and I always did all my homework. I also taught for one term.

4. Class you are applying for: Transfiguration

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Professor LeFey Rosier (redpopsicles)

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I taught Potions here before, and I really liked doing that. I'd like to teach Transfiguration because it's a needed course, and I think I've figured out a way to do it that will be fun.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) I want it to be both lecture and practical. I'll do lecture during the lessons and possible some RP practical in the thread. For homework I'd like to make it mostly practical using roleplay in the homework PMs (doing Transfigurations). Some homework will be theorectical, question and answer, based on lectures. Exams (probably 2 for the term) will be a combination of practical and question/answer. For this term I'd like to offer just one level, but in future terms I will add intermediate and advanced levels.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) VoluptuousJon has been a reference for me before. I don't remember who my other references were last time.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I have the desire to teach Transfiguration. blaugh But really, like all teachers, I want to keep the Guild active and help it grow. I want to help the Guild offer as many classes as possible so every student has a class to enroll in that he or she finds interesting.

10. Anything else you would like to add: Transfiguration rocks!

Application accepted!

IceeWitch

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:25 pm

IceeWitch
*cough* Juni's application is denied.... accepted!
gonk sweatdrop
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:00 pm

I have a bit of a class organization question/feedback request. So, I think I noticed in the past that some teachers put a cap on the number of students allowed to enroll per house to keep things fair as far as house points go. Is that something that is still going on? If so, what is the usual cap number per house?

redpopsicles

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:42 am

I don't think that cap numbers are really official. I just let as students sign up as they want to...I don't use cap numbers.

I think that the 'cap' thing was just used when a teacher had twenty of one house on the roster and only five of every other house or some other outlandish situation.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:35 pm

I agree with Alutian. I don't think a cap is really necessary right now considering that the number of students per house is pretty even these days. If students from a certain house aren't enrolling enough, it's 'cause they aren't being active.

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:45 am

Well since Junimaia and Alutian both said it, then it must be the rule. If it's not, then it is now.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:53 am

To the teachers:
It has been decided that this term, we give you a small donation (your salary)
Now this works based on satisfaction of your students. I think the amount is set at 200g... but you can get bonuses and deductions.
Deductions would be not editting your class that often

Bonuses would be in the range of the students not being able to shut up about your class. It means you raised their excitement. I'm still working on this with the mods so updates would be posted later.

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Term has been started for awhile now....why do we still have classes that haven't even put up one lesson?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:38 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bloomsie hasn't been online, but I can't say for sure. I only say that cause she never responded to my sending her the homework though.

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:26 pm

THanks Juni.. I'll check the dates.
In addition to what we discussed...points should be taken
from Houses. They volunteered to commit to something they weren't going to do. I want to be mean and say 50 but that's super harsh. Maybe 20?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:57 pm

...or 25... or 30 domokun ...maan, I dunno I can't choose penalties for this gonk

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:15 pm

Okay.. My mean streak has settled. Maybe 25...
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games