Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:22 pm
Namikikyo
Is there a possibility this curse is still going on?
Yep. In fact I habitually argue in favor of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:35 pm
TeaDidikai
Namikikyo

Why so? And how would one know if they fall under this curse?
[/size
]  

Namikikyo

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:40 pm
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
Okay I've been hearing a lot about generational curses and how YHVH covenant is technically one of them. I've seen the verses in Exodus explaining this but I don't see why YHVH covenant would be classified as such. Why is it?

Okay, let's examine this. The most common verses are present in Exodus 20:5; 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9. Another verse is present within Deuteronomy 23:2-3.

Exd 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

Exd 34:7
Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation].

Numbers 14:18 is a recollection of the Exodus verses, and Deuteronomy 5:9 is a recount of the initial exchange in Exodus.

Basically, YHVH entered a covenant with his Chosen People. Those who converted to the Abrahamic Faiths share in that covenant as the extension of his Chosen People.

Those who reject their role within the covenant are cursed by YHVH and are so for the generations that indulge those broken oaths, because they continue the actions of their fore bearers (Deuteronomy 24:16)

Within Deuteronomy 23:2, there is a generational curse against those born outside of wedlock and one dedicated to specific nations in verse 3.

What would count as a covenant?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:43 pm
TeaDidikai
Namikikyo

I'm inclined to think this is what's happening on the paranormal shows on Discovery channel. Their problems are almost always solved by returning to being devout Christians.

It makes me wonder about all the ways in which YHVH is ******** with me. Thanks, mom.  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:52 pm
Sophist

What would count as a covenant?
Depends on the tradition really. Anything from Baptism to a personal acceptance prayer within some sects.
Collowrath

I'm inclined to think this is what's happening on the paranormal shows on Discovery channel. Their problems are almost always solved by returning to being devout Christians.
Bleh. Crap sensationalist TV. Give me TAPS or give me cottage cheese.

Quote:
It makes me wonder about all the ways in which YHVH is ******** with me. Thanks, mom.
whee
Could always work to remove the curse.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:27 am
TeaDidikai

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me;

I'm wondering if there isn't a "loophole" (of sorts) in this though. Even though he says "Thou shalt not... serve them..." the curse itself seems only to be directed at "them that hate me". So technically as long as you don't hate him, you might be safe - unless YHVH automatically equates severing other Gods as hating him.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:20 pm
too2sweet
TeaDidikai

I'm wondering if there isn't a "loophole" (of sorts) in this though. Even though he says "Thou shalt not... serve them..." the curse itself seems only to be directed at "them that hate me". So technically as long as you don't hate him, you might be safe - unless YHVH automatically equates severing other Gods as hating him.
Want me to pull out the Hebrew?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:23 pm
TeaDidikai
Quote:
whee
Could always work to remove the curse.

This is true. Part of the soul searching I've been doing is my relationship to Christianity and its God. I'm definitely in the hard-polytheist camp, but I'm not sure how close I want to or should get. *shrug*  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:27 pm
Collowrath

This is true. Part of the soul searching I've been doing is my relationship to Christianity and its God. I'm definitely in the hard-polytheist camp, but I'm not sure how close I want to or should get. *shrug*
Your ancestors left you a nice little out. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:32 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Your ancestors left you a nice little out. blaugh

Oh?

Unfortunately, their flight to America has left my eyes blind! Sometimes, making headway in my cultural practices is a lot like feeling my way through a dark room. A dark room with lots of objects in it. Sharp ones, sometimes. And I keep stubbing my toe. stressed  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:35 pm
Collowrath

Oh?

Unfortunately, their flight to America has left my eyes blind! Sometimes, making headway in my cultural practices is a lot like feeling my way through a dark room. A dark room with lots of objects in it. Sharp ones, sometimes. And I keep stubbing my toe. stressed

Step 1: Examine the original pantheon YHVH stemmed from.
Step 2: Remember that you're a Hard Polytheist.
Step 3: Explore the relationship between the early Christian presence in Slavic lands and the indigenous deities.
Step 4: PROPHET!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:40 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Oh?

Step 3: Explore the relationship between the early Christian presence in Slavic lands and the indigenous deities.

So much food for thought. I'm not sure what you mean by step 4?  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:42 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Oh?

It was a bad pun.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:45 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Oh?

It was a bad pun.

Okay. sweatdrop For a second I was thinking there was an entire line of thought that I completely missed.

Which apparently I did, just not in the way I had thought. stressed

Anyhow, I now have a weekend project. =) I'll probably be posting in here quite a bit more.  

Collowrath

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:57 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Oh?

It was a bad pun.

Okay. sweatdrop For a second I was thinking there was an entire line of thought that I completely missed.

Which apparently I did, just not in the way I had thought. stressed

Anyhow, I now have a weekend project. =) I'll probably be posting in here quite a bit more.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Profit  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games