Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
The Dueling Club! (Closed!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:24 am
Woo hoo!
A new term!
A new round!
xd

Since last term had a long and busy round, I'd like to post the Club rules, just as a reminder...

Quote:
Duelling Club Rules and Guidelines:
(A must-read before you participate in Duelling)

1. Don't post your own questions without Permission. stare Only Duelling instructors and myself can post questions or award points. I'll wallop you with my broomstick if you do, and then take points off or even prolong your sorting date. I have the power and I rarely use it, but I will for this. It's a big pet-peeve of mine.
2. Type in your house color. Always, type in your house color when answering a question so we know which house to give points to. You can now lose points for not doing so, so just do it. The instructors will always type in a neutral color (usually black).
3. We like non-students, but we can't award them for their answers. We do not think that this should stop you from answering questions if you so desire. 3nodding However, House elves and non-students should note that only students can earn points for answering questions. We only think it is fair to warn you before you participate.
4. You may only answer up to 2 questions in a row in a single day. stare Don't even try; I'll take off a point from your house for trying to take advantage of the Club and its instructors, even if you didn't mean to (failing to read rules before participating in an organized activity is probably one of the rudest things I can think of).
But if 6 hours has gone by since you've answered your last question, you may answer. (I can't and won't punish the active because others are either asleep or out doing something else...if I can cut into my sleep time for this I think someone else could. There are other ways to earn points. I made this almost specifically for those who are most active because they are the ones who usually know most of the trivia.)
5. Lighting round answers must be PMed to KTweirdchick! If a single person fails to follow this rule and posts the answers in the thread, they will loose 25 points for their house and those Lighting Round questions will be dead and no one will receive anything for them. (Also, I wont be making a replacement round for that term, it will simply go by without a Lighting Round.)
6. Please don't go straight for you books, people. rolleyes All participants in the Duelling club and myself would appreciate it if you did not go straight for your books or a site like Lexicon to answer the question. Someone might know it from memory and, really, they deserve the credit far more than someone who would have to look it up. However, we understand that some are eager to earn points and so we understand if you become impatient. Just don't automatically go to the book, it sorta ruins it for everyone. Try answering it from memory, you'd be surprised how much you know without checking the book.

Unfortunately, Lady Courtney (our former Head Instructor) has had to resign from her position due to her busy life. Avatar34 has agreed to take on the job and I'm sure we're all thrilled to have such a good replacement! 3nodding I've wiped the Dueling instructor list clean, just to keep it fresh. If you are interesting in being a dueling instructor, please see the second post of the first page. Anyone can be an instructor. You can PM either me or Avatar34. I'd also like to note that we are currently trying to decide what we are going to do for the last duelling round.
Thank you, Katie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:30 am
[5.1]
When is Fred and George's birthday?

(2points)

KTweirdchick

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:54 pm
April 1st! xd How fitting...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:08 pm
Correct, 2 Points to Ravenclaw!

(2 Points)

What does the W.O.M.B.A.T. Test, short for?

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:22 am
Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Test

I didn't take it, but I still know.

And that's it for me for today.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:37 pm
Reese_Roper
Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Test

I didn't take it, but I still know.

And that's it for me for today.

(2 Points)

What position of the Gryffindor Qudditch team does Jimmy Peakes play?

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:33 pm
Beater  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:52 pm
Alutian
Beater

(2 Points)

What did Professor McGonagall conjure to get Nearly Headless Nick into the hospital wing, after he was petrified?

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:50 am
A large fan.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:59 pm
Alutian
A large fan.

(2 Points)

What is the cheapest racing broom?

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:58 pm
Since no one else has answered: Silver Arrow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm
Reese_Roper
Since no one else has answered: Silver Arrow.

Sorry, that is Incorrect.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:45 pm
The Shooting Star?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:22 pm
Alutian
The Shooting Star?

Oh... right. Darn me and my dyslexia! gonk

Reese_Roper

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:20 am
Alutian
The Shooting Star?

(2 Points)

What is the color of the robes of the Quiberon Quafflepunchers?

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games