Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 am
Collowrath
I really just wish that one person claiming to be a "gypsy" in the petition would be able to answer Tea's question. Just one. It's a really simple question, but it's been ignored a total of four, maybe five times. It was answered once in the very beginning with a funerary phrase you can find by Googling "Romany phrases."

I guess that's the crux of the issue though - you can't google Tea's question.

I'm wondering if most who are claiming are coming from the incorrect position that just because there was someone somewhere in their family who was possibly Roma, they think that it's then a genetic claim.

We might just have to introduce the closed culture concept into this who ordeal. And I thought it was bad enough right now, sweatdrop

Further, given how so many of them are arbitrarily assigning it to a fashion statement or way of life, they might be completely misunderstanding who their ancestors were.

Gods, there is way too much on this train of thought! Stop nuking it Taylor!

*dies*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:39 pm
saint dreya
Collowrath
I really just wish that one person claiming to be a "gypsy" in the petition would be able to answer Tea's question. Just one. It's a really simple question, but it's been ignored a total of four, maybe five times. It was answered once in the very beginning with a funerary phrase you can find by Googling "Romany phrases."

I guess that's the crux of the issue though - you can't google Tea's question.

I'm wondering if most who are claiming are coming from the incorrect position that just because there was someone somewhere in their family who was possibly Roma, they think that it's then a genetic claim.

We might just have to introduce the closed culture concept into this who ordeal. And I thought it was bad enough right now, sweatdrop

I have noticed, among certain Americans, that there is a tendency for people who aren't satisfied with their own culture or heritage to cling to one they consider more interesting. It usually involves "invisible" minorities, esp. American Indians and Rroma - simply because they figure that there aren't any around and nobody can tell them no/stop, and they have a "noble savage mystique." It's kind of a "my great great grandfather was Pocahontas' second cousin - therefore, I can speak for Cherokee." scream Having grown up in an American Indian community and adopted/ive family, it's an attitude that really really pisses me off.

I've explained it before in M&R and I think in one of the threads related to this petition - it's not even that they are a closed culture that is the issue, it's that a heritage (esp. a vague, distant one) is not the same as an ethnicity. Having a Rroma heritage doesn't make someone Rroma and certainly doesn't give you a right to speak for them or to determine what they think or feel about an issue.  

Collowrath

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:53 am
Collowrath
I have noticed, among certain Americans, that there is a tendency for people who aren't satisfied with their own culture or heritage to cling to one they consider more interesting. It usually involves "invisible" minorities, esp. American Indians and Rroma - simply because they figure that there aren't any around and nobody can tell them no/stop, and they have a "noble savage mystique." It's kind of a "my great great grandfather was Pocahontas' second cousin - therefore, I can speak for Cherokee." scream Having grown up in an American Indian community and adopted/ive family, it's an attitude that really really pisses me off.

I've explained it before in M&R and I think in one of the threads related to this petition - it's not even that they are a closed culture that is the issue, it's that a heritage (esp. a vague, distant one) is not the same as an ethnicity. Having a Rroma heritage doesn't make someone Rroma and certainly doesn't give you a right to speak for them or to determine what they think or feel about an issue.

Agreed. I remember the first time Tea and Cuann brought this up. I has been a while and I'm wondering if the "new generation" of Gaia hasn't been exposed to this idea.

EDIT: I need to make a concerted effort to go back on Ask the Admins again. Life and school have been so hectic, I'm usually asleep at that point.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:54 pm
I'm so sick and tired of people at this university saying that everyone is overplaying this situation. We've contacted other universities across this country and they've agreed the response from the administration is not enough, which indicates that people at this school are ******** insensitive morons.

And right now, I have enough energy and rage boiling up that setting the very egregore that I created as a protector to go and lash out is very, VERY, temping at this point in time.  

Bane of Ezekiel

Liberal Regular

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:54 pm
AniMajor
I found out today that someone poisoned the 130-year-old oaks where I went to college, and it's probably not going to be possible to save them.

And the worst part is that it was because of a football rivalry. Someone killed the trees with enough herbicide to seep into the groundwater because they were iconic and part of the school's tradition.

And the school's website pretty much said "We're doing all we can to save the trees, but remember that we're still State Champions."

I wish it were possible to express my feelings on football in language that could convey the proper sense of annoyance. "Good for you, now stop acting like you're battle nazis while curing cancer with your awesome ability to totally run with a balll and everything".

Bane of Ezekiel
We broke this story a week ago in our campus paper, but it's taken the university almost two weeks to respond...and only because the student union and women's centre went straight to all the outside media sources.

A couple of things on that one.

1) I was unaware that every nuclear bomb detonated in the history of the planet earth was unleashed by savage, man-hating amazons.
2) Rare occurence annoys me for another reason. Because it's completely okay as long as assholes treat people like s**t...so long as they do it in moderation.

Nuff said.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:17 am
Why do people find it okay to lambast someone without reading their posts, links or opinions?  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Maze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:17 pm
Why do people find it okay to provide their children with the example of whining until you get what you want?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:53 am
Grr. Friend in town. Want to meet up. Car broken, AND she hasn't even remotely attempted to make plans. I'm in no position to take the lead, since she's staying with friends who she wants to include. Guess I'm just fated to not meet her ever. Sucks.  

Hawk Atreides

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:56 am
Hawk Atreides
Grr. Friend in town. Want to meet up. Car broken, AND she hasn't even remotely attempted to make plans. I'm in no position to take the lead, since she's staying with friends who she wants to include. Guess I'm just fated to not meet her ever. Sucks.

I sympathize. Except his and my car both worked perfectly. He just didn't want to take time away from his friends to be with me. Oh, and I don't have the same goals, so I must be bad for him.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 pm
I need to sleeeeeeeeeep. First day at the new job tomorrow. But instead I'm posting in the Ethnic Slur thread. Grahr. I knew I shouldn't have read that thread today..  

Maze

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 pm
I wish you would tell me.

I wish you would come right out and tell me;
you've either met someone else
or you still want us to be.

Because right now your silence has been eating away at me and your cryptic posts are killing me.

Just tell me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:40 pm
You inconsiderate b*****d. This is how you end it. This.

I have spent this entire past week, and weekend, worried sick about you. About you driving, about you getting to your next command, about us. And this is how you let me know that it's over.

You will have children. They will be lazy bastards who think everything in this world is for them to take with nothing to give in return. They will make you sacrifice everything you've ever held dear. And they will leave you with nothing in return for your devotion.

EDIT: And you will find yourself married to someone that you thought "bloomed" into what you wanted, only to find out that they aren't willing to work on anything that doesn't come easily to them. Your marriage is a farce.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:56 am
I trusted you to take care of him for me when I had to move and couldn't bring him with me. I trusted you, when you should know how hard it is for me to trust anyone.
Then you give me a phone call to say he's not doing so well. I make a special trip down and find a walking skeleton. Then you get mad at me for taking him with me and for not staying all afternoon just to chat with you. You're lucky I'm still speaking with you.
Had you been anyone else I would have reported you for neglect. I should report you for neglect. I should take photographs and video and use them against you.
2 full days of warmth and soft food and he's walking in a straight line without support. He's even pulling at his leash when I don't go fast enough.
You failed to provide him with basic necessities for all creatures, a warm place to rest and food they can eat.
You disgust me. You disappoint me.
He gave us years of loyal service and this is how you repay him. A bullet would have been kinder, but that would have taken effort on your part wouldn't it?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm
Why haven't we had an all hands meeting?
Easy. When the club gets together as a massive group, they don't listen to women. I'm sure its not intentional, but what happens when the egos get together.

The event organizers are primarily women. Deal with it.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:59 pm
"lolol buying land on a whim isnt a privilege lolol"

*rageragerage* i do not have the patience to deal with these people scream  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games