Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 pm
@Terra: Awesome, good luck! 8D Our drum major tryouts are in the spring and it's the class below mine's turn, so I couldn't try out even if I wanted to.

@Elfie: gonk
I'm so sorry your director's a douche.
I'll give you a clone of mine? When students struggle he encourages them to practice, and only gives up on kids when they give up on themselves.

...my director refuses to give me jazz band tryout music because he hasn't had time to pick anything out for me. Today he told me 'don't worry about it' which apparently does NOT mean I'm automatically in because he's too busy. lol I wish.

@Tifa: Yay? :l I...used to not go on facebook hardly at all but now I'm on like every day. I can't figure out when this changed or why it did. xD

...god I just realized, I forgot to turn in my CD of band photos for the band banquet on Friday. First year none of my pics are going to be in it! emo  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:23 pm
deactivation didn't last long.
I realized that facebook is my main means of communication with my family, and I don't like talking on the phone, so I kept it up.

Silly sororities.

So I am trying out for a part in pines of rome for orchestra. I'm excited. I can be one of the only euphoniums to ever play in our orchestra. Until they play the planets suite. I hope I am principle in studio by then.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:06 pm
Look at this absolutely wonderful join request!

Quote:
i hate nerds wat u guys problem im popular wat r u nerds no 1 likes u
i no u no that wtf r u u ask me y cuz i dunno i no like gremmor
watever freek

...I still can't tell what that says. xd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:33 pm
@Tuba: I told youuuuu. And the symphony thing is awesome! I hope you make it.

@Terra: I think I can translate that but I don't want to. It's a fail, basically XD  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:42 pm
@Puff: Believe me, it was a sarcastic "yay"...It's kind of a dumb rule if no one outside your friends list can even contact you, let alone see your profile page. I can guarantee that no random girl would be able to get in contact with me begging to let her join or something if I didn't deactivate...

@Tuba: Heh, I thought so. I kind of chuckled when I saw one of your things show up in the newsfeed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 pm
Facebook is a dirty dirty addiction. My mom would probably flipshit if my account disappeared.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:22 pm
My mom finally found out about my facebook and keeps telling me all this stupid stuff she hears on the news about it.
"Oh that game called Farmville apparently charges you without you knowing. Oh facebook apparently sends messages asking for money. Oh by the way facebook apparently gives viruses" etc etc etc. rolleyes

In other news, I made jazz band! 8D  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:47 pm
    My mom has a facebook...she's constantly bothering me when she's on it and sending me different requests for stuff. xd It's kind of annoying.

I'm playing tenor sax for jazz band...I don't really understand the improv stuff yet, but I guess that'll come with time?

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:28 pm
Oh nice more folks in jazzband!

One way to get acquainted is to listen to more jazz.

By the way my jazzband is rehearsing again!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:06 pm
I fail at Jazz. I do want to pick up trombone again. My friend played a Jazz French Horn piece at her junior recital, it was entertaining.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:21 am
@Horn: Nice!
Yeah, but since we're going to Puerto Rico in the spring, my director's still obsessed with latin jazz. Which I'm surprisingly good at...at least compared to our pianist whose part I share on my vibes.
...man, last year he totally failed since he's used to classical piano, not all these crazy ands and syncopation.

@Terra: Oh god, improv. I still can't do that. That's the only aspect of the music we play at my school that I can't master...x_x
My director tries to help me with that so much but I just can't hear the chord changes and make my hands work in accordance. I can either hear them or I can play, I can't do both...and it's not like I can think up melodies on the spot anyway gonk

@Tuba: That sounds interesting xD And you should. More instruments = more fun!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:32 pm
I'm one of the main soloists in my jazzband, been like that since highschool.
(at least till our lead alto player showed up xD)

Oh i got a phonecall from the alumni band and they need people to play at the basketball game tonight! The main marching band is in Oregon for the football game (GO DAWGS!!!) so they need people to play at the basketball game. I havent played marching band music since the end of July. At least it's indoors and i get to watch our basketball team play!  

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:01 pm
Oooh, fun. The only music that goes to our basketball games is the winter drumline, and I'm not on it xD

End of July? Why so early? o-o  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:10 am
I hate basketball D:
I did a pepband yesterday, and we won our conference. Our Chancellor came up to us with a sign that said "App State pep band: Smaller but still mighty!" and put it in a tree that was next to our bleachers. It was a good time.  

Tubariffic
Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:43 pm
Lots of my older family members have a Facebook. As do both of my parents. It's kind of funny, especially because we tend to play the same applications.

Congrats on jazz band, Puff! I played trumpet in jazz band for a year or two (I honestly can't remember which). It was pretty hard for me, so I was glad that I usually got 3rd or 4th part. It was still fun though.

And ugh, my computer has been refusing to turn on for the past couple of days. My roommate is letting me use hers at the moment. I'm going to take it to the campus tech people on Monday to see if they can help me out.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games