Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 292 293 294 295 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:59 am
Shearaha
saint dreya
Shearaha
I just found out one of my best friends has cancer sad

Oh my. Did they say what kind of cancer?

Testicular. He's going in Friday to have the tumor (one of his testicles) removed. They're hoping that they get it all and that it hasn't spread.
must have been pretty advanced (for testicular cancer anyways) for them to be going right for the cutting. the other half's papou had/has that and they just kind of put radioactive seeds in him. your friend will be in my thoughts.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:23 pm
Shearaha
saint dreya
Shearaha

Testicular. He's going in Friday to have the tumor (one of his testicles) removed. They're hoping that they get it all and that it hasn't spread.

Best of luck to him. Are they thinking of additional treatments beyond just surgery?

*I only ask as my grandmother had a re-emergence of her breast cancer from 21 years ago and she's undergone surgery, soon to get under radiation, possibly hormone treatment, too.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:22 am
saint dreya
Shearaha
saint dreya
Shearaha

Best of luck to him. Are they thinking of additional treatments beyond just surgery?

*I only ask as my grandmother had a re-emergence of her breast cancer from 21 years ago and she's undergone surgery, soon to get under radiation, possibly hormone treatment, too.

He hasn't told me personally anything beyond the surgery Friday. And I'm not pressing him right now. I'm sure if they want to do anything further he'll let us know.

@Strega Mama: I think they're going right for surgery because the one is already twice the size of the other, so there is definitely a tumor in that one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:58 pm
Ooooh, breaking news: Sarah Palin has chosen to display her ignorance yet again. You know how people are blaming her for what Jared Loughner did, whatwithall her crosshair map pointing at Gabrielle Giffords?

She's calling it "blood libel."

*RAEG*  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Calixti

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:30 am
Yanueh
Ooooh, breaking news: Sarah Palin has chosen to display her ignorance yet again. You know how people are blaming her for what Jared Loughner did, whatwithall her crosshair map pointing at Gabrielle Giffords?

*RAEG*

*sputters in disbelief*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:19 am
Yanueh

*RAEG*

*falls over* I beg your pardon?!

EDIT: And use of the word Pogrom gonk

USA Today
The editors write that the barrage of criticism she faced for this is...

... simply the latest round of an ongoing pogrom against conservative thinkers. The last two years have seen a proliferation of similar baseless charges of racism, sexism, bigotry, Islamophobia and inciting violence against those on the right who have presented ideas at odds with the establishment's liberal orthodoxy.
This is taken from the Washington Times.  

Cunning Witch Angus

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 pm
Arcanist Angus
USA Today
The editors write that the barrage of criticism she faced for this is...

... simply the latest round of an ongoing pogrom against conservative thinkers. The last two years have seen a proliferation of similar baseless charges of racism, sexism, bigotry, Islamophobia and inciting violence against those on the right who have presented ideas at odds with the establishment's liberal orthodoxy.
This is taken from the Washington Times.

The only word that bothers me in there is baseless. Charges of racism, sexism, bigotry, Islamophobia, and inciting violence are completely valid when they're based on things you have actually done...over and over again.

For the record, I don't think Palin was trying to incite violence; that kind of violence can go both way with startling speed. However, for her to deny any culpability when she put that kind of rhetoric out there and back it up with that sort of graphic...yeah, that's not just insensitive. That idiotic. And instead of calling her on her lack of principles, several media outlets are backing her up.

I can't help but wondering...if John McCain had been shot instead, what would they say then? It's easy to be cavalier when it's not your peer in the hospital.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:10 am
Ya know, just because I tell someone I don't want to hear them talk about very negative subject material doesn't mean i want them to not talk to me.

I mean, ********, what, they can't talk about something other than how they want people to die?

I don't need to defend my personal boundary as far as subject matter to anybody. If you can't talk to me about something other than how everyone is a lying salmonella filled a*****e and that they should all die in fire, your leaving is your choice, and I'm not sorry for sticking to my comfort level.  

Gho the Girl

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:14 pm
I turned 30 on Tuesday. This, in of itself, wouldn't irritate me in the slightest. Life is a journey, not a race and all that sort of thing, and I'm not in any position to say that life is half over or not. That being the case, being depressed because the number of times I've existed for 365 and one quarter day intervals consequentially being a multiple of 10 just doesn't seem intelligent.

Yet everyone I know is so dour about it. It's kinda weird and irritating.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:14 pm
Every conflict has at least one more side than you are aware of. If you do not seek to understand the conflict, that's fine. If, however, you decide to take sides in the conflict without first, at least, striving for the truth of the conflict then you are relying on blind chance to guide you.
Also, if you're not going to repeat one side of the argument to someone on the other side, do not refuse to hear the other perspective.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 pm
So because I tell you that cheating is wrong I am now cruel and irrational? How does that work out in your mind, hun?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:25 pm
I find that I have officially lost all faith in the metaphysical/spiritual/philosophical section in most major bookstores...it's truly sad how much fluffy bunny garbage permeates the topics therein.  

Dante Moonshadow

Bane of Ezekiel

Liberal Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:12 pm
This infuriates me.

But I'm not exactly sure which part. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:26 am
You know, I thought you were the decent guy at work. You don't throw around ableist, homophobic, or transphobic slurs, you don't engage in casual racism, at least at work, and you don't make or laugh at the rape jokes our co-workers think are sooooo hilarious.

Then last night you get all splainy and start telling me that psychology is bullshit because we 'don't REALLY know ANYTHING' and the criteria for ALL mental conditions EVER can 'apply to anyone if you look hard enough.' You called psychologists, as a group, including the APA, 'untrained and ignorant' and you compared psychiatric meds to bloodletting and leeches, and claiming since they don't work instantly and exactly the same on everyone, they obviously don't REALLY work.

Then you proceeded to tell me I'm wrong about my own experiences in the mental health system, which I've been in on and off as a patient since I was fifteen, because you know so much more about it because you worked as a receptionist at a drug and alcohol treatment centre! And you completely ignored the fact that hey, the reason some people turn to drugs and alcohol? Attempts to self-medicate because ideas like the ones you're espousing keep them from seeking professional help.

THat's right, this bullshit you're spewing hurts people, you pathetic piece of a** acne.  

Calixti

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:12 pm
Calixti, may I borrow "a** acne"? It's beautiful. biggrin

The good: I've found a group of people through my boyfriend to meet once a week and talk about languages and culture. Includes Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, and French. Two ladies are from Japan and China, while the lead lady knows both Spanish and French. And now, with me and my boyfriend there, we will be bringing what we know of German. Sooo much fun.

Seeing someone try true American Pizza for the first time is awesome.

The bad: My 8 o'clock classes are kicking my a**. I've been consistently tired ever since the semester started. I've learned sooo much, but I really wish I could have a little more sleep. I would go to sleep earlier, but the way my house functions its almost impossible to go to sleep before midnight at the earliest.

P.S. Watching the original Star Trek with Spock and Kirk is amazing. I'm finally assimilating into my boyfriend's Trekkie family. Go me! Saw my first Kardassian (spell?).  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 292 293 294 295 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games