Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:48 pm
Ilu2. heart

Nice! I know someone who'd love to know all of Thriller because he's secretly Michael Jackson's clone...lol. : D

Ugh...I keep missing marching band practice on days they make huge decisions. I hate being sick! ;_;

EDIT: Check ze Crew sub, if you don't mind. 8D  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:00 pm
    I love being loved! =D

I know what you mean...when I had the flu, I missed so much band. I felt horrible about it. D= And speaking of feeling sick...I sat out for at least 30 minutes of practice today because I hadn't had anything to eat since lunch at 11:15. Cinderella practice went up until right until marching band, and I didn't have any time to eat. I always feel bad sitting out...except I felt like I was gonna puuuuke. :[

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:10 pm
So far this week I've missed three marching band rehearsals, two concert band rehearsals, and I'll be missing tonight's concert.

My fever's gone now but I'm just about praying that I'll be able to be at school Friday and be able to go on Saturday.
Last home game and States (and halloween parade). I do NOT want to miss those under any circumstances.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:45 am
Yeah I almost caught the swine flu right before the biggest performance of my collegiate career.
Speak of, I just got back. I was waking up this time yesterday. 24 hour band trip holy crap.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:18 am
Oh wow. o.o
Glad you're okay though?

I miss having almost 24 hour trips, personally. We'll have a weeklong trip in April though, yay Puerto Rico!

Yesterday was our Kings Dominion trip and I swear that was the longest/best day of my life. I can't even explain anymore because it was just so epic.

...I think I now have a lucky sweatshirt because I got it on Friday before going home after the game, wore it to States on Saturday and we got a superior, and wore it yesterday and was convinced to ride roller coasters for the first time in my life.
If I made my audition this morning, it's definitely lucky xD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:46 pm

We've made it to playoffs for the first time since I've joined marching band...and we're playing my ex-director's new school on Saturday. It's going to be so weird playing with him there....only with him with another band. I wish I could get sick so I don't have to go. It's bad to say, but I just don't know how I'll handle that game.

Our post-season concert is on Thursday. We play all our songs from the season in the gym while doing a simplified version of the drill. Shrinking down drill like that can get very interesting and can lead to may collisions. I need to re-learn all the songs from this year. surprised

I had a really good day in band today. We practiced songs for the veteran's day assembly. They were all marches and more concert bandish than marching bandish. Some people were getting lost and I didn't, and I played the high notes well...*sigh* What a good day. Unfortunately jazz band starts next week. The first trumpet is going to be our senior horn player. It really sucks. The only reason that I can think of that he is first trumpet is because he's a senior. Technically I have three years in jazz band to his two, and I'm a full time trumpet player. No offense to him, but he's not amazing on trumpet. He hasn't played trumpet in a band since jazz band last year. The think my director has given up on me...

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:23 pm
Either that, or your director plays favourites when he shouldn't.

Granted, mine does too...but he knows it and tries so hard not to when it matters.
...not like it DOES matter, both me and him know nobody else is going to try out for vibes for jazz band so my having the nonexistent audition piece for it doesn't really matter anyway >>

Also: I didn't make my governor's school tryout, but my friend in chorus did. (:

And that concert sounds freaking crazy, Aelfy. I don't see how you'd march in a gym XD

My school, if we win tomorrow (WHEN WE WIN TOMORROW lol >_> ) we'll be going to playoffs for the first time in school history. And the marching band is gathering up one last time and going.
That's the only reason I hope we win, I want to perform one last time. Hartmetz doesn't even let us play the show tunes anymore because he's so sick of them xD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:04 pm
Who is Puffer Fish
Either that, or your director plays favourites when he shouldn't.

...It almost like you know him. Yes, he plays favorites with the "leaders," or the section leaders and band council people.

We can march in the gym, only because we are so small (~45 people total). Anyway, our post season show is tonight, but stupid director won't let us march any of it. We are just standing there and playing. It's lame. Plus we aren't doing our last song in the dark anymore. The fun of post-season show is officially dead. xp I can understand not doing any of the drill because we haven't had the time to relearn it and adapt to the gym, but the not doing the awesome song in the dark with glow sticks is ridiculous.

But as my new motto goes, I don't make the decisions. My opinion doesn't matter.
confused

Does anyone watch Glee? That show rocks! It hasn't been on for the last two weeks because of the stupid World Series (Yes, you baseball fans I said showing the World Series over Glee is STUPID!).

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:06 pm
I'm not a big baseball fan either! I see so many Facebook statuses about it, and I couldn't care less about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:09 pm
    I'm pretty sure every single kid in theater classes at my school is obsessed with Glee. xd As for the world series, I cared a lot, because being a Phillies fan runs in the family...that, and I absolutely despise the Yankees.

Our last competition is on saturday. We just did a sort of opposite thing to our preview show we did early in the season- like a final performance thing with the parents. It was really good. =D Now it's time for USSBA finals (/nationals...not really sure which one we call it xd )!

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:28 pm
baseball can go die >:U I miss Glee.

I just deactivated my facebook. We'll see how long I can survive.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:48 pm
1: I don't watch Glee, but we did discuss (during history) how the math teacher for my team at school apparently looks and sounds like the guidance counselor.

2: I'm guessing a week on your survival. ninja  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:35 pm
    We got fifth at USSBA Nationals yesterday...marching season's officially over. D= I'm already excited for next year- I want to try out for drum major, and I might have an oboe solo. =D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:45 pm

I just got a dreaded "You have been demoted" PM and almost cried because I thought it was for this guild...but it turned out to be my friend's guild. The guild has been inactive for like 3 years. xp

Jazz band started today. Turns out the horn player is not 1st trumpet. Instead it's the little ankle bitter trumpet player who "can play a high C". My director is a shallow jerk who only judges trumpet player off their high notes. Yay me.

I &$*%(& hate braces. They screwed me over a million times over in band. It's been two months since I got them off and I still haven't gotten my range back. It'd help if my director hadn't given up on me. He offers me zero support. Like in jazz band today their was a solo on second trumpet (my part). He asked if horn player was playing it.
"No, Elfie is."

Director: Maybe we should give it to...*pauses*

Director: Whatever, Elfie play it. ()

You could tell he didn't want me to play it.

Yeah, I know I always complain here. *Sadness* I just wish my director had faith in me. A director's support can go a long way.

Oh yeah, we lost Saturday to ex-director's (who is now a jerk) school. Marching band is over pour moi.

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:16 pm
Oh, and I guess I forgot to mention that I don't watch Glee.

As for Facebook deactivation, it's not too terrible; I have to do it once per semester for about a week. Yay for sorority recruitment...

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games