Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:59 pm
Nice!

My school's team...is lucky if they win one game per season.
We've never gone on to districts. Ever. In the nine-going-on-ten years we've been open.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:28 pm
    Our football team is AMAZING this year for absolutely no apparent reason! We played our fight song so many times for touchdowns tonight...the other team only scored like, once. xd I think the ending score was 40-something to 6. If we go to states, it means we'll get to party at football games some more! =D 'Cause that's really all we do, other than performing our show. Today was my first football game of the season since I was sick last week...I may hate football, but I love being there with the band. :]

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:08 pm
Oh my gosh we won our game last night against our rival school!

We got to play the fight song like five times! 8D
Once when the game started, once when it ended, and three (ish?) times in between.

The festival today, though...
It poured rain, we still had to perform, and we got second out of two. Fifth place out of the fourteen bands.
And I think the percussion and guard judges were not professionals in their fields, if what I heard from the guard instructor was correct.
So our score of fifty-nine out one hundred is completely inaccurate, in my mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:54 pm
Anyone like this banner I made?
User Image
Some dude said this to me in class and I fell over laughing.

Dainty Doe

3,650 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:57 pm
    Our competition today wasn't very good. :[ We practiced for four hours this morning, and our last run through was amazing! ...Then we got to the school the actual competition was at, and it started pouring. We did basics in the rain and music warm-up, then went inside, waited awhile, warmed-up again, then did a standstill show. I HATE standstills. :[ We got third out of three, we would've done so much better if we could have marched...for once, I'm not happy with the rain.

BUT we'll do amazingly next week (hopefully), so it's all goooood.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:53 am
We did march in the rain. Sucks that you guys couldn't march though D;

@Panda: Very nice. User Image  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:06 pm
    My brain is exploding! Anyone ever played (or heard) Suite of Old American Dances and Overture to "Candide"? They're amazingly insane! We just got some concert band pieces today...even though it's still marching season. I'm really excited for the oboe parts...in the fourth movement of Suite of Old American Dances there's a really nice english horn part, but every other part of it is scary. xd

Apparently it's supposed to rain on saturday again...hopefully we won't have another standstill. We've been working crazy hard on our visual stuff all week.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:19 pm
God I hate rain.

It's supposed to rain either tomorrow morning or evening alskfjdsdl.

And...now my section is going to be pissed at me because I took charge and decided on our halloween theme since I really like the idea and nobody really cares except when I decide to do something. :l
/offtopic

I've never heard that song, but it sounds interesting.
The only American songs I've played are An American Celebration, and...something we played at JMU but I didn't play in so I forget the name XD  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:04 pm
...hi  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:53 am
Heey Tuba. o.o

Haven't seen you for a while. How's college and stuff going?  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:27 am
    HELLO! I'm tired...18-hour day of band yesterday. We got 4th at BOA, though. =D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:04 pm
Nice! We got fourth in our class too.

4/7 isn't bad, considering we were soooo close to third and really far from 5th. But...aslkjf.
We won NOTHING last night. The only things that came from it were that I'm better friends with some of my favourite freshmen, and seem to have found a best friend in this one guy again.

...and we got home at 1AM, and I went immediately to bed and woke up at 4, at 7, and at 9. Got up at 10:30 when I just gave up lol x_x  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:33 pm
    We weren't even in the top six after prelims, so we're all ecstatic! =D Our prelims performance fell apart for the opener because wind blew down our props right on the downbeat, of course distracting everyone, and almost hitting the bass drummer that starts our show. Our performance for finals (at night) was really good, though. =D I think we jumped up at least five points. All of the bands at our BOA are really good and huge, so we're happy. We got 8th last year, which it was our first year making it past prelims.

I really like BOA. It's all day, we get to have a picnic, and we usually have some time to watch other bands. The band that got first, Westminster, was the only other band in Maryland that makes it past prelims, and since a lot of our marching band's staff graduated from there, we stayed to watch their encore performance. They were amazing, and seemed to have a lot of fun performing. Their drum major came onto the buses to thank us, too. :] It was really nice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:21 am
College is very collegiate.
Yeah ><
Lot's of crap going on, with no free time is not that fun.
I am doing a BOA exhibition in Atlanta on Halloween, 'twill be fun.  

Tubariffic
Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:40 am
So I found out that my old high school's band got 1st this weekend at a competition out of four bands. The others didn't show up because of the weather...

And I hear you about college, Tuba. For me, its classes, online classes, and sorority stuff...

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games