Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:04 pm
    Every tuesday for more than a month I'm at the school for fourteen hours. xd I get there around 7 AM and hang out in the band hallway before classes start at 7:30, then after band (which is my last class) I have to stay after for pit orchestra rehearsal, which is until 4:30...I'd go home, but it's a fifteen minute walk, and I wouldn't have any time to do anything other than chow down on some food, get ready for band, and walk back for practice at 6. So, I'm at the school until 9 PM, the end of practice. xd I might stay after on our first football game day, I'm not sure. Some of my friends do, so maybe I could just drag them home with me and we could party in my backyard. cool

Oh, and I have no idea what I meant when I said "I'm probably gonna get home soon"...maybe I meant to say sick instead of home? I don't know, I've been lacking sleep lately. xd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:25 pm
.:.
.:. I'm a lucky one. Never had the flu, never gotten the flu shot. I must have an immune system of steel or something. .:.

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:20 pm
Lucky, indeed.

I get the flu shot every year, never got the flu that I know of. I had something weird the other week but I'm finally over it.

...in other news, marching band took a turn for the worse today.
One of my pit members was kicked out for good, all our water carts are broken so water break was in the stands and it was ridiculously crowded/cramped, and a clarinet lost her ligature and never found it.

gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:14 pm
    So, I'm sick (yaaaaay fever!), soaked from walking home in the rain, cold, and I have Kill Drill tonight, along with practice and our preview show all day tomorrow. Don't be too surprised if I die. xd

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:16 pm
✖ You don't get excused if you're sick? ✖  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:23 pm
    Kill Drill is probably our most important practice of the entire season, so it would be a bad idea to miss it. But that doesn't matter, because now it's been rescheduled. We had to make it a regular practice because of rain...I hope we have it before our first competition. D=

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:24 pm
Hope you get better!

What's Kill Drill?

--

We had our community potluck/pep rally today. One of the guys in my section got into the big school-symbol picture which we're technically not supposed to do.

If our director ever finds out he'll probably laugh like heck, only cause of who it was XD

Omg our first competition is next Saturday. We're nowhere near ready even though we're further ahead than we ever have been before lol D;  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:13 pm
    Kill Drill is DEATH! D= Basically, they have us march sections of the show until they're perfect (well, as perfect as they can be this early in the season). They have us immediately reset if there's the tiniest problem in a form, how the music is played, marching technique, rushing, etc...it's insane, and very painful. xd The time limit is 11 PM (it starts around 5:30-6) so we don't die, but the latest it's gone is around 10:45. Our last runthrough of the show at the end...so painful. xd It helps a lot, though.

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:04 pm
    Sooo, two things...A) This guild announcement thing sounds like an amazing way to spend guild money! xd B) I'm really sick, which means I'm missing marching band practice and pit orchestra rehearsal and maybe another marching practice on wednesday. If I still have a fever on wednesday, it means that I'll have to miss our first football game on thursday. :[ I hate being sick.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:05 pm
D:

Why does everyone have football games on Thursdays except me?

I hope you feel better! heart

@Kill Drill: Oh god. That would make everyone in my band hate band. We can barely focus from 4 to 6, our non-band camp schedule. I can't imagine going all night like that o_o  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:28 pm
    So, my fever finally broke, but I can't go to school tomorrow (apparently my doctor said to go 24 hours without a fever before going back), so that means no game for me. :[ I want to try begging my mom, but she won't let me.

Kill Drill gets the same mixed feelings that band camp does...we hate it, but love it at the same time. xd The staff usually dresses up as something every year, and they march down to the field while we're already set up in the field, shouting "Kill...kill...kill....KILL KILL KILL". It's hilarious. xd Everything after that is torture, but at least they're having fun...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:51 pm
XD
A lot of kids in my band don't like band camp. I must be the only one who enjoys marching band the whole season long.

I'm glad you're getting better. One of the trumpets was out yesterday and there was one kid who was surrounded by holes the entire run through.
Poor guy, lol.  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:36 pm
    I lied. Fever spiked again. D= Darn.

Being surrounded by holes makes me so lonely when I march. xd It happened at a couple practices (the whole woodwind section is riddled with injuries, especially all the flutes around me), so all the time I had no one to guide to, talk to, and it was just a very lonesome experience. xd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:49 pm
Poor you D:

My directors' words that day were something along the lines of: "Does Will smell bad or is everyone around him gone?"  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:49 pm
hahah my football team beat the #3 team in teh country!
Unfortuantely i wasnt at teh game and the next home game is in October but man do i love college football! Oh and im in the Alumni band not the regular band.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games