Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:12 pm
    I still don't know how to deal with some freshmen motivational issues. One of the freshman in my section hates band (he cares more about soccer...), so I think he's trying, but he's not really enjoying band too much unless he's goofing off.

I hurt. D= We've added something to the end of all of our practices..."Five-minute Basics Bonanza". It's painful...today it was marching across the field forward and backward for five minutes straight, right after our runthrough. Everyone was really intense, though...I was in the last line, and for the last eight counts everyone that was standing in front of my line were like, scream-counting. It was pretty intense. xd Now I have to go read The Scarlet Letter...yay. I hate it. D= Hawthorne's sentences go on and on, and I'll probably fall asleep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:23 am
Oh, I read that.
It's actually...really boring. I was surprised. Good luck with that.

...ew today's the second day my pit and I go to the field for camp. Yay, I get bug bites as a birthday present. xd  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:56 am
    Happy Birthday! ...Even if it's a day late. xd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:11 pm
XD Thanks.
---

Oh my god I am going to kill our perc. instructor.
We are not a DCI band. We need help with rhythms sometimes, even if they're the same as the ones before with different notes. I need to hear something before I can play it right, and none of us can play it right.

Not looking at the drum major and only listening to the battery is a BAD IDEA. We can't hear them, and they rush. A lot.

His stupid 'piston' stroke technique, albeit efficient, is going against my past three years of Mr. Stine going 'Be big with your motions! We need to be seen!'. Now it's 'Make your motion as small as possible, make it look like it's the easiest thing in the world.'

And any time I try to tell him something, the director's wife yells at me.
"You're not supposed to drink soda in here." "Oh, I'm not? Sorry." "NO HE'S ALLOWED HE'S AN INSTRUCTOR. I COULD DRINK COFFEE IN HERE IF I WANTED. STFU THAT ONLY APPLIES TO STUDENTS."
...yeah like I knew that.

/rant

EDIT: I killed the thread? gonk  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:52 pm
    I've been dead lately due to the fact that I'm getting little sleep from coughing all night. D=

Aaanyway, this girl PMed me about rejecting her join request...and I'd respond, except her PMs are set to friends only and her profile is private. xd I don't really understand having privacy settings like that on Gaia, anyway...>_>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:54 pm
I wonder the same thing when people leave you profile comments (Especially ones asking you something), and their profile is set to private so you can't respond to them.  

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:45 pm
Maybe they expect you to respond on your own profile?
I know some people who do that. It's...weird.

...fff our first show is on Friday and we haven't finished the drill yet!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:54 am
    That's weird...>_> I feel awkward commenting on my own profile. xd

Our first performance is the 12th, our preview show. We're still getting drill on the field, too...I think we might be staging the rest of the ballad tonight, and we'll only move maybe four or five sets, then it's parts four and five, which are relatively short.

I feel bad. :[ I had to sit out about half of rehearsal last night because I've been having issues breathing...at least I can push through my knee pain, but breathing, not so much. D= I always feel like I'm letting everyone down when I walk off the field.

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:29 am
Who is Puffer Fish
Maybe they expect you to respond on your own profile?
I know some people who do that. It's...weird.

...fff our first show is on Friday and we haven't finished the drill yet!
I've done that before, but the random people never respond back. I had a few people on my friends list that did that, but I knew who they were (Or they would prefer to keep their conversation going on their own profile, if you commented them first).  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:08 pm
asdhodaoighaosh.
School is exhausting.
And there are like 5 million cases of swine flu here D:
gah  

Tubariffic
Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:44 pm
    I got a flu shot today. D= I was at the doctor's office about my breathing problems..."Here's a prescription for your inhaler. OH, AND HAVE A FLU SHOT >D"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:30 am
I've had a cold for the past week so I haven't been able to get my stupid shot yet.
My mom thought it was Swine until she checked (with every thermometer in the house wtf) that I didn't have a fever. -_-;  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:09 am

Sickness is going around my school right now. I must not get sick. I must not get sick. I must not get sick. xp I failed to dodge it last year, but my immune system will not fail me this year! (I hope...)

Yesterday was one of those fun days where I went from school to the game without going home. We get off school at 2:30 but needed back at 3:15, so everyone stayed after school and ate pizza the boosters bought for us. (The game was two hours away, so we had to leave early.)

My braces are coming off in 9 days! mrgreen <--My teeth soon. I don't know if it really has sunk in yet. I can't imagine trumpet without metal digging into my lip.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 am
    I'm probably gonna get home soon. It's impossible to stay healthy if one person in the band is sick, and something's going around right now. xd

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:34 am
@Aelf: Congrats!

...a lot of people stay after for our games. School ends at 4:00 (about) and we start getting ready like...6:00? There's just no point IMO in going home if you're going to be doing your homework regardless of where you are.

@Terra: I was the sick one last week. I hope nobody caught my cold; I'd hate to make someone sick again. >>;
(That happened once to my director, he was like 'Whoever made me sick, I'm going to kill you.' and then I remembered I had come to school a few days before with a fever. Oops!)  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games