Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:23 pm
I've noticed a trend lately.
People will post their opinions.
Other people respond.
The posters dislike the fact the response isn't a pat on the back agreement with them- so they post their opinion again, and then tell everyone to "drop it".  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am
Ok so my friend lately, has been insisting that I am a Thelemite because I believe more or less in what looks exactly like Crowley's idea of a true will. I don't particularly want to identify as that, and I thought Thelema was initiatory.  

Adalyna

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:11 am
Adalyna
Ok so my friend lately, has been insisting that I am a Thelemite because I believe more or less in what looks exactly like Crowley's idea of a true will. I don't particularly want to identify as that, and I thought Thelema was initiatory.
Crowley's idea of true will carries across into many traditions, as I understand it... I wouldn't think that alone would be sufficient to label you a Thelemite, quite apart from whether Thelema is initiatory. (Which I think it is... I'll go look it up.)

EDIT: I cannot find any references to Thelema being initiatory, so I would tend to believe that it is not. Now, membership in the OTO, a Thelemic organization, is initiatory. Maybe that's what we were thinking of.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:43 am
In other news, I love how some people don't mind talking to me until they figure out who I am. The only thing better than that is watching people avoid me because they recognize the screen name. Frak.

Not sure what I did.  

Ultramarine Violet

Adalyna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 pm
Ultramarine Violet
Adalyna
Crowley's idea of true will carries across into many traditions, as I understand it... I wouldn't think that alone would be sufficient to label you a Thelemite, quite apart from whether Thelema is initiatory. (Which I think it is... I'll go look it up.)

EDIT: I cannot find any references to Thelema being initiatory, so I would tend to believe that it is not. Now, membership in the OTO, a Thelemic organization, is initiatory. Maybe that's what we were thinking of.

She said that thelema was open, OTO is not. Maybe she's right, she is an OTO initiate herself apparently, though she has not been practicing anymore for years. I gave her my copy of the book of the law since I don't really feel like I need it for my path, I'm only really interested in book 4 as far as crowley and thelema goes. @ your other post, I'm sorry to hear that, it doesn't make much sense to me you seem like a rather likable person.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:08 am
Ultramarine Violet
In other news, I love how some people don't mind talking to me until they figure out who I am. The only thing better than that is watching people avoid me because they recognize the screen name. Frak.

Not sure what I did.

Welcome to my life.  

TeaDidikai

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:37 am
TeaDidikai
Ultramarine Violet

Not sure what I did.

Welcome to my life.
*Hugs* Maybe it's got to do with having well-formed convictions, then...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:31 pm
Ultramarine Violet

Thanks. Remind me to print off more t-shirts for the next club meeting.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:30 pm
TeaDidikai
Ultramarine Violet

Thanks. Remind me to print off more t-shirts for the next club meeting.
Can I get one? Apparently I'm a bully because I don't see the huge difference between people who are bigoted against ethnicities and people who are bigoted against relgions.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:08 pm
Here is a snippet of interesting news.

Today my World War I class was visited by a graduate student who apparently has collected enough war photos, equipment, and military awards to essentially have his own museum in his home.

He showed us tons of photographs ranging from the Civil War in America to WWII, along with a few of his Iron Cross First and Second Class medals he's obtained, a German WWI helmet, and some kind of metal box that opened like a box of matches. He showed us pictures of his collection of dishes, table cloths, and silverware that were Hitler's apparently as well.

But the icing on the cake was a photo he showed us that was the last thing we expected. A man he had interviewed turned out to be a photographer for the German propaganda, and he left those photos he had saved to our graduate student man. And his picture was of Hitler standing on a balcony in Austria I believe, where he was caught scratching and/or adjusting his groin area. The photographer was asked to destroy the photo and it's negative, but, we saw how well he followed those orders.

My class got a big chuckle out of that.

But I think his visit has cemented my decision to go towards the Museum and preservation route of the History department, because I realized how excited seeing all that history made me. Hurrah for epiphanies I guess. biggrin  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:46 pm
Adalyna
She said that thelema was open, OTO is not. Maybe she's right, she is an OTO initiate herself apparently, though she has not been practicing anymore for years. I gave her my copy of the book of the law since I don't really feel like I need it for my path, I'm only really interested in book 4 as far as crowley and thelema goes. @ your other post, I'm sorry to hear that, it doesn't make much sense to me you seem like a rather likable person.
I spoke with my Teacher about this, as he's familiar with (and rather fond of) Crowley's works and ideas. He has said, without hesitation, that Thelema is initiatory, with a 3-degree system. Our initial thoughts were correct.

Also, thanks much. Reading that gave me a real boost. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:16 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Can I get one? Apparently I'm a bully because I don't see the huge difference between people who are bigoted against ethnicities and people who are bigoted against relgions.

If you present your membership card I'll get you one.
You do have your card, right?  

TeaDidikai

Runs With Beetles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:47 pm
i'm torn between being a kitten damp from the rain, mewling for warm cream, and a raging lion, roaring to decree his kingdom  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:04 am
Ultramarine Violet
Adalyna
I spoke with my Teacher about this, as he's familiar with (and rather fond of) Crowley's works and ideas. He has said, without hesitation, that Thelema is initiatory, with a 3-degree system. Our initial thoughts were correct.

Also, thanks much. Reading that gave me a real boost. heart

Thank you for the info! I'll have to correct my friend who is supposedly an initiate of Thelema crying . Crowley's ideas on will and will working are really influential to me, but Thelema as a whole is not my thing.

As far as convictions go, I think thats the problem as you said that, people get set in their ways, they feel attacked when they have to learn something is wrong, and then they act cruel and angry in response, it's really quite sad. sad . I'm going through a period of serious personal growth right now, and it puts me at odds with my friends and loved ones. I am glad my reply made you feel a little better

TeaDidikai

Welcome to my life.

I'm sorry you feel that way right now, though I understand why. I can't promise to agree with you all the time, though I value your wisdom and I always try to understand why you say something when I see it. In all honesty I like you a lot and I hope you don't mind me saying this but I rather look up to you sweatdrop  

Adalyna

Adalyna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:50 am
sorry for posting twice.

Ok so like, my stupid clinic won't give me my ADD medication yet, and I gotta wait till the 30th, and my life right now feels like I'm drowning in this constant rapid river of thoughts that I can't control, it's absolutely infuriating when I'm trying to educate myself right now.

To top it off they also won't give me my anxiety/depression medications, so its a flood of thoughts full of emotions I can't control. Its kind of my fault for not scheduling an appointment in time, but they will NOT reply when my pharmacy tries to contact them and when I get them it's a bureaucracy, I get people who mean to help but don't know what's going on in this compartmentalized facility.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games