Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:45 pm
Daniel glances down at himself, mentally confirming that it hadn't been the best ensemble to be having a nonchlant converstion in.

"Heh. Um, no, not really. Just, distracted lately."

He casually set to fastening a few of the lower buttons on the shirt, mostly to just give himself something to do.

"Sooo. How's the job thing working?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 pm
"Ah, they are fine," she waves him off, "No more or less than usual." dame stands to her feet and smiles at him, straightening out her skirt. "I'm used to working a lot. ^_^ How was your day?" she stretches, arms above her head, working out some of the kinks in her back, then twists slightly at the waist to one side, then the other. "Would you like a baked potato? I'm craving one," she asks, walking past him to go into the kitchen.  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:03 pm
Daniel turned to allow Dame an easier path. Following just behind he nodded.

"Yeah, sure. Sounds great."

Stopping at the entrance to the kitchen, Daniel cleared his throat. He wasn't sure how to answer her question about his day, but he was pretty sure the truth wasn't something to be dealt with right that moment.

"Oh, you know. My days are pretty boring by most standards. Sitting around reading. Rereading and then re-rereading. Party city, right?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:17 pm
She laughs, "Well, ya know, reading is sometimes good for the soul, Daniel. wink " dame winks at him and starts getting out the potatoes. "Did you have any earth shattering breakthroughs today? Remember anything? Like your real name?" She winks at him again and playfully hipbutts him.  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:27 pm
Looking down at his feet, Daniel took a deep breath, and then let it out slowly. Dame seemed to be asking all the wrong questions tonight, but for all the right reasons. The 'earth shattering' remark hit way to close for comfort. Looking back up, Daniel chose his words carefully.

"I'm pretty sure I wasn't always human. Or, I guess, human shaped depending on how you look at it."

Daniel cleared his throat to gain a second, thinking if there was anyway to soften the blow of his statement. He couldn't think of anything, so he decided to go the other route and bowl right over it.

"And I can move through time, apparently."

Daniel's eyes thinned as he watched for Dame's reaction.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:42 pm
dame nods and shrugs, "Well, that might explain some things, mighten it? Like...why you don't need to eat and stuff. Personally, since you've been telling me this stuff, and seeing all that weird s**t, especially the Princess Leia message, I think you are from the future." She nods and goes about making their food.  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:00 pm
Daniel nods slightly, knowing that it was also one of his own running theories. But knowing everything else, he couldn't be entirely certain.

"Well, a possibility yes. Though there is also the matter that an ancient civilation here on Earth seems to have knowledge of what I might be."

Daniel rolled his shoulders and shifted his weight where he stood.

"I kind of visited them the day after we got back after Thanksgiving. That was what confirmed the time travel for me. You probably didn't even notice the absence. But I was with them for about a month and a half. Lot of time to think."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:06 pm
eek Her eyes widen, "My word. And what civilation would that be? Hmm..." she mumbles mostly to herself while getting out things to top the potato with, "So your time continuum is different from ours....Hm, sounds like EverWorld..."  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:24 pm
"Not a civilaztion that is really known of from what I've found. Though there is a refernece or two I managed to dig up, not that they're were entirely accurate. The name of their home was Adalanuis, and according to popular myth, it was wiped out during a massive natural disater."

Daniel leaned against a counter, not sure why he was telling all this when only moments earlier he had been ready to pack it all in and leave."

"But long story short, by all accounts of this now dead civilization, I may very well be the legacy of a non-Earth civilization that vanished not long after humans learned how to make wheels."

Daniel took a deep breath and steeled himself for the more disturbing of his hypotheses.

"And I think I may be a weapon."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:31 pm
"Hm, well, all good things are. wink Bacon? Butter? Chives? Sour Cream?" she points to each thing as she asks, loading hers up with all those things plus salt, pepper, and cheddar. "So...o.o You visited Atlantis? Interesting...And you are an alien? Well, all not wholly surprising. wink I mean, it couldn't have just been your penchant for nudity that made you so nonplussed about it. xd "  

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:02 pm
Amy's text to Kits
Great! I'm free this weekend. I was thinking of making eggnog and cinnamon rolls. Any other requests?

text from Kits to Amy
Not that I can think of right now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:34 am
Daniel raised an eyebrow at Dame's response. She seemed to be taken the revelations much better than he himself had. At least that's what it looked like. Daniel couldn't understand her response, like many of the others he had seen from people.

"Well. Glad to see I'm the only one getting worked up about it."

He turned and stalked out to the front room where he let himself fall onto the couch. His head fell back to rest on the back of the couch, leaving his head staring up at the ceiling. And now he couldn't understand his own response. It had sounded much too harsh, and he couldn't see what getting all emotional about the matter would do to help anything. Or anyone. Maybe he was a little more human than he gave himself credit for. That only made him sigh to himself. Oh yippie.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:43 pm
Around ten minutes later, dame comes into the livingroom with a tray. She places the tray on the ground near the coffee table then clears some books and papers off the table, stacking them neatly underneath and picks the try back up, setting it on the coffee table. The young woman perches on the edge of the couch, near the arm, and looks at Daniel. "Daniel, honey," she says, touching his arm lightly, "I don't pretend to know what you are going through, how it must feel to learn things about yourself everyday that you know you should already know. It has to be incredibly frustrating to find out things about yourself that you don't understand. I imagine its liken to piecing a puzzle together in the dark with only a pen light to guide you." She picks up a mug of hot chocolate and hands it to him, "I'm not really sure how you would like me to react, love. I take most things in stride. I may not be very old but I certainly have seen some odd things in my lifetime and met some odd people. Not much surprises me and more, my dear. Considering what I have seen of you so far, it doesn't surprise me you may not be human, or that you may be from the future, that you may be from another place other than Earth. It's a little odd that you might be a weapon but what exactly do you mean by that? In reality anyone can be used as a weapon, hell, even I, in my own rights, am a weapon. Do you mean like a super weapon of mass destruction or something?"

She picks up her own cocoa, standing as she does, handing him his baked potato as well, "I didn't know what you wanted so I made yours loaded as well. wink " She grabs her own potato then settles back on the couch, legs folded underneath her. dame takes a sip of her cocoa, "If you are expecting me to be weirded out enough just to leave you cold, I'm sorry," she takes another sip, "I am just not that way. I could not leave a friend in need." She continues sipping on her drink.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 am
Daniel shook his head slighty, picking up the fork in front of him. He simply held it in a hand staring ahead. He hadn't meant to sound so harsh. Though Dame's simple acceptance had cought him off guard. He poked noncommittedly at the potato.

"Look, I didn't mean, what I mean, hells I don't know. You analogy may be somewhat accurate, though it was lacking one component. Imagine that the more of that puzzle, the less you want to see it."

Daniel stirred at the top of the potato as he spoke, eventually scooping a fork full and taking a bite. Swallowing the bite without really chewing it, or even thinking about, Daniel went back to poking at the plate.

"What if..., what if I came here to hide from people trying to use me? Or worse, stop me from doing something?"  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:07 pm
dame shrugs, "And so what if you are? What's it to me, Daniel? I came to this place under false pretenses AND hurt a friend in the process. Probably a lot of people. Who am I to judge YOU?" She takes another sip of her cocoa.  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games