Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:15 am
And I just wrote the cover article of the campus newspaper this week on the Starbucks on campus.

My faculty is going to hate me. But I bet they're going to love the Starbucks logo we superimposed on the currently being constructed building. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:07 am
maenad nuri
Strega Mama
ok, so, i'm a bellydancer, and it's been really really bothering me lately how much the g~ word is used in the bellydance community.

Just now noticing?
It can get really bad when dealing with Tribal -- because they really are into nomadic romanticism -- which is fine, I certainly love the look and feel, but oh my, the things that come out of people.

...but then you have things like this essay: Please Call Me Rom
lol not just now noticing, but its just grated on me enough that i feel the need to post it here in the rant thread.  

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:27 pm
There is a thread where all of this is covered - in minute detail. We even point you directly to it, in the "welcome letter". So for the love of all things...why do you feel the need to start a new thread, asking the same old s**t...WHY!!! scream  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:27 am
too2sweet
There is a thread where all of this is covered - in minute detail. We even point you directly to it, in the "welcome letter". So for the love of all things...why do you feel the need to start a new thread, asking the same old s**t...WHY!!! scream

Because they didn't read the sticky?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 pm
Esiris
too2sweet

She admitted that she saw it (not sure how much of it she read before she made her thread though). It's more that they didn't just post in the sticky - since that is sort of why it was created in the first place. Most of what she was asking was already covered, so if she had additional questions - why not ask there.

I admit it's going a bit better than I thought it would though, so I'm not nearly as annoyed as I was. It's been a rough few weeks, and with all the stress, the stupidest things are setting me off. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:24 pm
too2sweet
Esiris
too2sweet

She admitted that she saw it (not sure how much of it she read before she made her thread though). It's more that they didn't just post in the sticky - since that is sort of why it was created in the first place. Most of what she was asking was already covered, so if she had additional questions - why not ask there.

I admit it's going a bit better than I thought it would though, so I'm not nearly as annoyed as I was. It's been a rough few weeks, and with all the stress, the stupidest things are setting me off. sweatdrop

There's been a lot of stress lately.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 pm
Esiris

Hubby finally got a job working as Community Support for people with Special Needs. After a month of working there he finally got a paycheck - it bounced. Come to find out the company went bankrupt, and without giving anyone any notice at all - they just shut their doors leaving everyone (workers and clients) completely screwed. His boss is helping him transfer to a different company doing the same work, but he basically just spent the last couple of weeks working for free.

It wouldn't be so bad, but we desperately need new tires for the car, and since he was getting the job, we let our Food Stamps and other assistance lapse, so at this point we are completely out of money. To make matters worse, I think I broke a tooth earlier, and I have no way to fix it, and there are no "free" dental clinics. If I bite down the wrong way, the pain is bad enough I literally almost pass out. crying

/pity party xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:50 am
too2sweet
Esiris

Hubby finally got a job working as Community Support for people with Special Needs. After a month of working there he finally got a paycheck - it bounced. Come to find out the company went bankrupt, and without giving anyone any notice at all - they just shut their doors leaving everyone (workers and clients) completely screwed. His boss is helping him transfer to a different company doing the same work, but he basically just spent the last couple of weeks working for free.

It wouldn't be so bad, but we desperately need new tires for the car, and since he was getting the job, we let our Food Stamps and other assistance lapse, so at this point we are completely out of money. To make matters worse, I think I broke a tooth earlier, and I have no way to fix it, and there are no "free" dental clinics. If I bite down the wrong way, the pain is bad enough I literally almost pass out. crying

/pity party xd

Oh my!
Ugh. If there's anything I can do to help- you let me know.
(Any chance the food bank will help?)  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:08 am
Esiris
too2sweet
Esiris

/pity party xd

Oh my!
Ugh. If there's anything I can do to help- you let me know.
(Any chance the food bank will help?)

heart heart

The one that's local is only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Unfortunately yesterday I had to drive hubby and his co-worker to fill out paperwork for the new company and we got back to late to go. Tomorrow is Thursday, but I'm not sure if they'll be open or not because of the holiday - but I'll probably at least drive by and see.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:40 am
too2sweet

heart heart

The one that's local is only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Unfortunately yesterday I had to drive hubby and his co-worker to fill out paperwork for the new company and we got back to late to go. Tomorrow is Thursday, but I'm not sure if they'll be open or not because of the holiday - but I'll probably at least drive by and see.
I hope it all works out!

Unrelated- I'm frustrated with a situation. I'm part of a guild where even disagreeing with people isn't okay. They were talking about how Christmas Trees were pagan and I thought they were Christian so I was hoping someone could show me where they learned it. And now they're freaking out on me.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:55 am
Esiris

Unrelated- I'm frustrated with a situation. I'm part of a guild where even disagreeing with people isn't okay. They were talking about how Christmas Trees were pagan and I thought they were Christian so I was hoping someone could show me where they learned it. And now they're freaking out on me.

according to the wiki, you are the correct one  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:59 am
They're saying it is an ancient Celtic tradition that was taken by the Christians.

They don't have any reasoning other than they heard it somewhere and this website. sweatdrop  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 pm
Esiris
I hope it all works out!

Thankfully they were open, and the people there are so nice. Plus we'll get a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving!!

Quote:

This page seems to have a bit of both sides, and has a list of references on them as well. Might be helpful.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:34 am
too2sweet
Esiris
I hope it all works out!

Thankfully they were open, and the people there are so nice. Plus we'll get a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving!!
I'm so glad it worked out.

Quote:

This page seems to have a bit of both sides, and has a list of references on them as well. Might be helpful.
They're still saying "it's a possibility that it was an ancient pagan practice!"  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:49 am
I'm sure I've mentioned that my sister is an idiot already, but I think I need to reiterate. Unfortunately, telling my sister that she is an idiot only gets "I know lawlz!"

Apparently, she was caught driving while intoxicated, or some form of that. This pisses me off because 1. She's constantly trying to tell my parents that she really doesn't drink and partying doesn't affect her schoolwork, 2. She's also talking about how she doesn't have any money, and now she gets to pay all of the charges and stuff related to a DUI, and 3. She's drawing my mom into this and my mom is trying to keep my dad from knowing because he tends to over-react to little things, and this would probably make him disown my sister.

Also, I'm tired of defending my sister's actions. I'm not sure I really want to talk to her anymore, either.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games