Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Awww, I'm sorry. I only have had braces on for two years. My teeth were very cool with moving I guess.

I'm packing for band camp now. Tomorrow's day one! Now I just need to figure out how to stop packing so much. I over pack like crazy. sweatdrop Right now I have a string of Christmas lights, a small rug, and my giant downy blanket for our room. I really wish I could bring my sister's spiny almost-disco light....Wait! I can! My mom's chaperoning Sunday night and coming to parent's night on Thursday! I'll put it in her car. Mwhahahaha!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 pm
I see my old high school band's band camp when I drive past the high school on the way to work. To think that used to be me...XD

I'm proud of them though, it sounds like things are going well so far.

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:23 am
XD

We can hear practice from my house.
Both drumline and full-band. Mostly drumline practice, though.
My mom thinks she's going crazy until she asks me to listen and I tell her it's the bass drums. xP

@Aelf: Already sounds to me like you've over-packed XD Have fun!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:13 am
    We can hear the drumline at my house sometimes, if the wind is blowing in the right way. I remember listening to it in middle school. =D

Is your band camp an actual camp? :O That's so cool! I wish we did that. I always bring extra stuff to band camp each day, though, like speakers for my iPod...other people need to hear the wonderful music that I listen to! xd

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:40 am
The only things I bring with me to camp are my phone, my flipfolder, sunscreen and bugspray, and a water bottle.

Although I might not bring a water bottle anymore since morons poured it out last year thinking it was some other idiot's and then tehy THREW IT AWAY AND FORGOT WHERE THEY THREW IT. -___-

...and these are the kids I'm section leader of, ugh.

Aaanyways, lol >>;  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:55 am
    I bring a giant cooler/jug thing that holds maybe a gallon of water? I usually have to refill it a bit halfway through the day, especially when it's really hot out.

Anybody else been to a DCI show yet this year? I just went to Allentown yesterday, and it was great! =D I really like Crossmen's how this year, and Carolina Crown was amazing, as expected. I got a comfy DCI jacket, too.

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 am
I've never been to a DCI show, but The Cadets stayed at my school a few years in a row before they would head off to Drums Along The Rockies up in Denver. I loved watching them rehearse! If I remember correctly, they didn't stay last year and Phantom Regiment was going to stay instead, but they bailed at the last minute.

I've also gone to see Big, Loud, & Live before. Since the theater in town is one of the ones playing it for once, I might go see it on Thursday.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:04 pm
I saw DCI in the theaters last year, lol.

It was HILARIOUS because right before the Blue Devils, the live feed froze and everyone except me and my dad were like 'NOOOO ALSDJFFDSJFL' while we were laughing our heads off.

Also: That's awesome, Tifa. I live in the middle of nowhere so there's never any DCI around here ;-;

Also also, I got my braces off today. Retainers come on Wednesday. e_e  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 pm
    I haaaate annoying little freshmen boys...first day of band camp that I've actually come home angry. We hardly got any drill on the field because stupid kids were too busy talking.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:51 pm
Braces suck. I hate them. I used to bleed while practicing.

I visited my high school bandcamp, they go into the mountains, and I live like right down the road, so I felt obligated xD

Sorry I wasn't on for a few days, I am technically homeless right now, and my wireless broke, so I have been having trouble getting online xD  

Tubariffic
Captain

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:42 am
@Puff: I remember watching Blue Knights at BL&L and hearing someone in the audience shouting that the trumpet soloist was her son (I'm in Colorado, and that's our Division I drum corp, so it's not too surprising). Why she wasn't at Gilette Stadium supporting him, I have no idea...

Quite a few people from my high school band are marching for Blue Knights now. It kind of blows my mind.

@Tuba: Is everything okay?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 am
Yeah everything is good.

My apartment lease ended on July 29th, and my new one doesn't start till the 11th. That is fine and dandy except summer session ends today, so I had to crash on couches for a week xD But now I am going home for a bit.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:11 pm
    Couches are fun to sleep on. =D I stayed at my friend's house last year before band camp for a couple days and slept on her double-couch thing...it was so comfy. :]

Tomorrow's my last day of band camp! We get out at 4 instead of 9, so I'm excited. =D We get ice cream at the end! We'll be done with about half the drill of our show, too, moving and playing. We get to do this little dance thing during Video Killed The Radio Star...it looks really girly when the guys do it. xd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:14 pm
@Terra: Nice. xd  

T i f a
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:39 pm
    Guess who almost passed out today? =D Breathing issues, exhaustion, heat, and lack of salt in my system don't mix too well, apparently. I couldn't do our last runthrough of band camp. :[ Normal practices start next week...which means that school is also starting soon. D=

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games