Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:18 pm
TeaDidikai
Apparently yesterday was Be Awesome to Tea Day.
My computer was fixed, Isakane bought me a beautiful scarf that is so Me, a random present from Nuri arrived in the mail and my roommate took hubby and I out for dinner. Top that off with a massage at the end of the night.

I'm glad it was a good day for someone!! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:45 pm
Apparently my grandpa is going down fast. sad  

maenad nuri
Captain

Maze

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:55 pm
Sorry to hear that, Nuri. :C  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:41 pm
Taliah
Being a non-coffee drinker, what's the controversy of Starbucks? That it takes away from local-owned coffee houses?

In addition to intentionally operating at a loss to drive other coffee houses out of business (just to drive prices back up later), buying out the companies that own the building competitors are leasing from, and market saturation, they have a very bad history of employee abuse, wage cutting, wrongful termination (especially for support organization of labour), tip confiscation, minimum wage dodging, and general labour law hand waving, paying recurrent fines rather than improving work conditions/pay discrepancies.
Now, that legal trend is rather constant, especially outside of the U.S., where they are infamous for ignoring planning and zoning permits and laws.
They have cleaned up some of their worst environmental horrors, but are still agents in some of the shady snap going on deep in coffee territory.

Oh, and I have heard rumours that the actual quality of coffee is substandard, often burnt. But I cannot speak on this, as I dislike most coffees anyway.  

Fiddlers Green

Adalyna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:10 pm
maenad nuri

*offers a hug* I'm never really good at knowing what to say in situations like these but I am really sorry to hear this :<  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 am
Adalyna
maenad nuri

*offers a hug* I'm never really good at knowing what to say in situations like these but I am really sorry to hear this :<

What I feel guilty about is that I don't really feel upset by it yet. I'm just hoping he'll hold on until I get bloodwork done, and preferbly have the funeral on a weekend, so that husband doesn't miss too much work.

Ususally, this sort of thing will hit me hard and quick. but it hasn't happened yet.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:44 pm
maenad nuri
What I feel guilty about is that I don't really feel upset by it yet. I'm just hoping he'll hold on until I get bloodwork done, and preferbly have the funeral on a weekend, so that husband doesn't miss too much work.

Ususally, this sort of thing will hit me hard and quick. but it hasn't happened yet.

When my grandfather died, I didn't feel upset, like, ever. XD; I did feel a little bummed at having missed a passing, because I wasn't there when he died and I hadn't - still haven't - seen anyone die in person, but other than that.. *shrug*

And anyway, it'll probably hit you later, then. And then you'll have spent twice as much effort. Once for feeling guilty until you do get hit by it, and once when you actually get hit by it.

I'm not sure saying "Feel worse so you can feel better" is quite what I'm after, but it sort of gets in the neighbourhood..  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:18 pm
maenad nuri

I've never felt sad about my Grandma Sally dieing. She was ready to go, and had been for several years by the time she did. I felt guilty that I didn't feel bad, but if I'm honest with myself I was relieved, she had been waiting so long and I was happy to see her off.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:28 pm
Dammit, Rose. Stop trying to convert your husband. If he comes to us, it will be on his own terms and in his own time. It actually seems likely, if you'd quit laying the effing conversion-fear on him!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:30 pm
@Nuri: Sorry your grandpa is not doing well. We had a bad scare with my grandpa this past summer, and I had similar feelings - that is, the non-sadness plus guilt over not feeling as sad as I thought I should. It's a rough place to be, and I'm sorry. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.  

Ultramarine Violet

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:25 am
Could 1 thing, just 1 thing go right today. Or at least not go horribly horribly wrong?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:36 am
maenad nuri

I didn't cry when I heard my Dad had died. Different processes for different situations. ~hugs~

I'm holding off on trying the present you sent me. I want to save it for a special occasion.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:54 pm
Fiddlers Green
Taliah
Being a non-coffee drinker, what's the controversy of Starbucks? That it takes away from local-owned coffee houses?

In addition to intentionally operating at a loss to drive other coffee houses out of business (just to drive prices back up later), buying out the companies that own the building competitors are leasing from, and market saturation, they have a very bad history of employee abuse, wage cutting, wrongful termination (especially for support organization of labour), tip confiscation, minimum wage dodging, and general labour law hand waving, paying recurrent fines rather than improving work conditions/pay discrepancies.
Now, that legal trend is rather constant, especially outside of the U.S., where they are infamous for ignoring planning and zoning permits and laws.
They have cleaned up some of their worst environmental horrors, but are still agents in some of the shady snap going on deep in coffee territory.

Oh, and I have heard rumours that the actual quality of coffee is substandard, often burnt. But I cannot speak on this, as I dislike most coffees anyway.
Weird, in my experience it's always weak and watery, which is why I only buy Starbucks when it's the only coffee around and I'm cold.

Then again I don't know if burning the beans produces a weaker flavour or just a bad one.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:24 am
ok, so, i'm a bellydancer, and it's been really really bothering me lately how much the g~ word is used in the bellydance community.  

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:43 pm
Strega Mama
ok, so, i'm a bellydancer, and it's been really really bothering me lately how much the g~ word is used in the bellydance community.

Just now noticing?
It can get really bad when dealing with Tribal -- because they really are into nomadic romanticism -- which is fine, I certainly love the look and feel, but oh my, the things that come out of people.

...but then you have things like this essay: Please Call Me Rom  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games