Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
~*The Rantbox*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Ranting a good stress reliever?
The best!
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
I think Art is a better outlet
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Stress??? WHAT STRESS??? *twitch twitch*
56%
 56%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 48

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:19 pm

What really makes me angry, is when you have the correct answer to a solution on a math problem, but, because you didn't do the formula the way you are supposed to, you don't get the credit.

Yes, that's what my math teacher is doing to me now.

I get my answers CORRECT. ALL OF THEM. But, I do it differently than she does, example:

A coin collector has a collection of nickels, dimes, and quaters. There is two times as many dimes as there is quaters and there is 7 more nickels than dimes. The total is $3.05

I have an odd ability to calculate money in my head faster than most caculators can, and to top that off, I work in my head for furmulas.
SO this is how I set up the problem, with answers included:

(10 x .10) + (5 x .25) + (17 x .05) = $3.05
10 dimes, 5 quaters, and 17 nickels.

Do I get credit, NO, but, I was RIGHT. >.<

"You need to be able to read the math problem and set up a formula correctly." THAT IS CORRECT.
UGH, this is why I failed just about EVERY math class til my freshman algebra class.
I passed algebra because the teacher allowed me to work MY way, and if I was wrong, she would tell me why.

I failed geometry the next year (sophmore) because of a teacher like I have NOW.
UGH! I'm just going to talk with my freshman teacher and see if she will teach me how to do things "correctly" or better yet, tell the teacher about me.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:29 am

I was sitting talking to a good friend today, who surely *must* know I am into the goth scene, but he made a comment about how he doesn't like goths because they are full of "vapid conversation". Now certainly this cannot be the case with all goths. And since he is my friend, and I am into goth stuff, he could be insinuating that *I* am full of vapid conversation (by extension), which is strange because if I have been friends with him for all this time, I cannot have provided mere "vapid" conversation, or else why would we still be friends? Convenience? Familiarity?

It could be just the goths he knows, but I've certainly met some who are quite intelligent (if not more so than average people), and remarkably full of "good" conversation.

Bahhh. Maybe I'm more insulted than I should be. It's shallow and stupid.

trampyre

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:31 pm

User Image

Not in a good mood right now.

(THE FOLLOWING TEXT ISN'T TALKING ABOUT ALL "GOTHS")

Just because you label yourself goth doesn't mean that people have to feel sorry for you!

"OMG, it sucks that ppl always have to blame us goths for things just bcuz we worship death and want to kill every1. i mean its not like we did anything"
Suuuure. My a**.

Don't people realize that is they were gansters they would say the same thing?
" just bcuz im a gangsta dont mean i do all tuns o bad s**t, yo"

How is it that goths porposely seem threatening and then the say that they're always being blames for something?

URGH.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:10 pm

I concur.

People are afraid of what they don't understand. If you wear lots of black and look unusual, people are going to wonder about you. Some of them are going to assume you're dangerous. It sucks, but it's human nature.

Complaining about how you're "OMG soooo misunderstood" isn't going to help. If you walk around acting bitter and tiffy, it's just going to make other people less understanding. It's far better to behave like a well-adjusted individual, and not automatically assume the 'normals' are going to hate you because of the way you dress.

In short? If you're not a brooding, angsty whiner, very few people will treat you like a brooding, angsty whiner.

If someone acts like an a** AFTER you've been polite and friendly, then you have the right to complain. Not BEFORE.

Veruniel
Crew

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:11 pm

And speaking of asses...

I got bubblegum on my cloak. My nice, crushed velvet, eighty dollar cloak.

Some ******** had left it on the seat of a chair in a café. I didn't notice the white strings it had left all over my cloak until after I'd sat down, got up to fetch a slice of carrot cake, and then sat down again. The result? Two messy white splots to peel off.

Somebody told me bubble gum'll come right off if you freeze it. So my cloak's been in the icebox all day. I guess our wimpy fridge can't handle the level of freezing I need here, because it wasn't nearly stiff enough to pull off. Now I have to freeze it again and try lifting the gum off with tape. If that doesn't work, it's drycleaning. Ten quid. Some a** OWES ME TEN QUID.

And what was the bloody point? Ill-defined sense of resentment? Basic case of teenageitis? Tell me, you scabs, has it ever occurred to you that not everyone is an Authority Figure you desperately want to ******** over? That very nice people, people you'd be embarrassed to insult, are going to get screwed by your passive aggressive bullshit? I'm quite sweet when I'm not in a tiff. I'm not very far from your own age demographic and you'd probably like me if you met me socially.

But now, you little sprat, you have to die. May ants infect your chocolate stash! May Smirnoff make you nauseous! And if I end up with a bald spot on my cloak, may you get a stain in the crotch of your best jeans!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:32 am

Veruniel
And speaking of asses...

I got bubblegum on my cloak. My nice, crushed velvet, eighty dollar cloak.

Some ******** had left it on the seat of a chair in a café. I didn't notice the white strings it had left all over my cloak until after I'd sat down, got up to fetch a slice of carrot cake, and then sat down again. The result? Two messy white splots to peel off.

Somebody told me bubble gum'll come right off if you freeze it. So my cloak's been in the icebox all day. I guess our wimpy fridge can't handle the level of freezing I need here, because it wasn't nearly stiff enough to pull off. Now I have to freeze it again and try lifting the gum off with tape. If that doesn't work, it's drycleaning. Ten quid. Some a** OWES ME TEN QUID.

And what was the bloody point? Ill-defined sense of resentment? Basic case of teenageitis? Tell me, you scabs, has it ever occurred to you that not everyone is an Authority Figure you desperately want to ******** over? That very nice people, people you'd be embarrassed to insult, are going to get screwed by your passive aggressive bullshit? I'm quite sweet when I'm not in a tiff. I'm not very far from your own age demographic and you'd probably like me if you met me socially.

But now, you little sprat, you have to die. May ants infect your chocolate stash! May Smirnoff make you nauseous! And if I end up with a bald spot on my cloak, may you get a stain in the crotch of your best jeans!

Take it to a professional cleaner and ask for advice. 3nodding There is a solution! heart

trampyre

trampyre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:35 am

I have this other friend, well, new-ish friend, who made a passing comment about how she "grew out of" being a goth. I hate the insinuation that it is a childish thing or a "phase" that a person goes through, then moves on to better things. I set my aside my childish fantasies of fitting in with normal people long ago. Does that mean I make snide comments about normal people because they're going through a "phase"? No.

ARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!

/rage.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:54 pm

damn lil kids

-.- no damn level 1 ballet school girls...that are like frikken 8-10 years old.

GAHHH they just wont leave me alone. -.-

they kept asking me questions....-.-

they gave a real retarded nickname thing....i just wanna slaughter them in their sleep....or send super monkey ninjas after them so they'll die.

they call me "GothGirl" >.< (its just like when they decided to call my friend Ricegirl or soething like that...) just to annoy me...which is annoying...but i will have revenge and then they decided i was GothGirl/Boy only cuz i used the boys bathroom (which EVERYONE uses cuz men dont even go in there) to pin my hair into a bun.

this is me---> evil get away from me

and when i do go to ballet class i dont even wear black usually when theyre there.

and they say they onyl call me that cuz i wear alot of makeup....honestly what doe sthat have to do with anything? geez

dood and then they decide to ask me if i ever heard of retrded limited too and (wtf is this?) Cache?

and then they have the nerve to say im inactive because they said goths are inactive...-.-'

thats offending everyone i know here....which is why they're gunna die...

not only cuz i actually work out and dance 24/7 but because theyre lil preppy retarded lil children who need lives and need to learn about nutrition cuz those premade cracker sandwiches are just chockful of sodium and artificial cheese or peanut butter. Which is BAD.

okay that was a stupid rant...i know but i needed to get some things off my shoulders.

stupid rants are usually the ones that make ppl more pissed off.

and now i feel better so come next week totally blasting my ipod on high and ignoring those annoying lil whores.

whoo...much better. thank you rantbox.

Hawt_az_FCUK

The Reused

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:19 pm

i hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate this one girl in my school. her name, elizabeth *******. unfortunately my name is elizabeth but EVERYONE calles me liz. our rivalry started in the 3rd grade. we thought it was cool having the same name and all. but then i noticed how much of a b***h she was. so then there was alot of crap going on.. THEN in 6th grade when i was alredy wearing plad and boots, she said that she was the biggest fan of greenday. i immidiately thought "is she copying me?" but i never liked green day so i moved on. by then the rivalry had spread so far that all my friends were in it. and now in 8th grade when im already listening to dimmu borgir and cradle of filth she is listening to afi and my friends that i met in 7th grade are spying on her and my friend likes this guy and she had already told elizabeth she responed that she diddnt like him and so on. so then elizabeth walks up to him and starts flirting. now this is war..
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:07 pm

RANT BOX! RANT BOX!!!! RANTO BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

wicked

k here we go

WTF IS UP WITH STEREOTYPES?! Goth? I mean, geez.

GROW THE HECK UP!!!!

anyone who agrees and finds themself in this guild, PM me and make my day. I joined the guild because I fall under the label but f*** labels...

much love wink

ofmoonandstars

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:43 pm

It's been over a week and cards and slots are STILL down. -_-* Not only does that drive UP ticket prices, but it means I still need 30k in tickets to make my goal which is starting to seem like an impossibility. gonk
This is really pissing me off cause I really wanted to have my halloween costume completed on gaia... and now it looks like I might just end up having to leave out one somewhat important detail. ~_~
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Two fillings in two days. I SO don't reccomend that to anyone. I cracked my new filling the day I got it because the student dentist didn't get the mix right so I had to be needled twice crying I felt each time the thing was jabbed into my jaw (6 times eek ) *sob* it hurt so badly crying the anaesthetic wore off 4 hours afterwards crying gonk

Isobel Bellamy

Soviet_Viking

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:09 am

I barely get to see my GF as it is (She lives in rural-a** Waihe'e in the central part of the island, I live in the town of Makawao on the east side on the big mountain, and the public bus doesn't go to Waihe'e), so about a week ago, I told the guys I would be working with on Saturday night with that she was dropping by to visit this past Sunday, hoping that they would cut me some slack and help me fend off the mobs of people we get in the daytime (The arcade I work at is pretty lax and laidback when our big managers aren't around, and people have friends there all the time, so visitors are no biggie).

So Sunday, she drops in, and lo and ******** behold I AM THE ONLY ONE HELPING PEOPLE. One guy is over popping service credits into Dragon Punch and playing it like always, another is popping tokens into Flip 'N' Win, and another was socializing himself, like he usually did. Bah. (Things slowed down later and we got to hang out, more, though.)

The soon-to-be assistant manager has talked to one of the managers about how I'm one of the only guys who doesn't fully ******** around when I shouldn't be though, so hopefully things will change soon. Ah well.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:59 pm

I can't believe I wasted money on renting the third x-men movie. Ugh.

wahmbulance Warning: Spoiliers Coming wahmbulance

It pissed me off so much. Focusing on Wolverine, killing off cannon characters, and just a general disregard for any of the actual plot of x-men. I felt almost betrayed by the movie people that they would build up for the movie with the second one, and then fall so very short of the expectations of fans (in my personal opinion). Why?!?! Why would they be so unkind to the characters? Why did they have to kill off or screw up so many characters? What were these morons thinking when they did the story board for this whole deal? *Shakes my head* How can Mr. Sinister try to get Jean and Scott's DNA if they ARE DEAD!?! What about all the people in the future dealing with apacolypse? WTF? I mean really, it's just wrong, so very wrong and horrible. And not once did gambit even appear in any of the movies. ~_~ The whole Gambit/Rouge thing was kindof important in my eyes, and who the hell decided to have Rouge "cure" herself?!? This travesty has really pissed me off to no end. ~_~

lurichan
Vice Captain

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:19 am

lurichan
I can't believe I wasted money on renting the third x-men movie. Ugh.

wahmbulance Warning: Spoiliers Coming wahmbulance

It pissed me off so much. Focusing on Wolverine, killing off cannon characters, and just a general disregard for any of the actual plot of x-men. I felt almost betrayed by the movie people that they would build up for the movie with the second one, and then fall so very short of the expectations of fans (in my personal opinion). Why?!?! Why would they be so unkind to the characters? Why did they have to kill off or screw up so many characters? What were these morons thinking when they did the story board for this whole deal? *Shakes my head* How can Mr. Sinister try to get Jean and Scott's DNA if they ARE DEAD!?! What about all the people in the future dealing with apacolypse? WTF? I mean really, it's just wrong, so very wrong and horrible. And not once did gambit even appear in any of the movies. ~_~ The whole Gambit/Rouge thing was kindof important in my eyes, and who the hell decided to have Rouge "cure" herself?!? This travesty has really pissed me off to no end. ~_~

Imagine how the people that actually went ot the cinema felt about it. I wasted £10 on that piece of garbage. scream How can you have x-men without Gambit?!! evil And killing off not one, but two, MAJOR characters that don't die, because the writers are so incompetent at creating any kind of sense of danger without having people die. Stupid f**ks shouldn't be even allowed to write childrens books, let alone write major

I seriously doubt that there's gonna be another x-men, Hollywood seems to be hung up on trillogies after LoTR, despite the sheer quantities of ready made plot lines available from this franchise (which doesn't seem to have stopped their hack writers from thinking up their own plot lines)
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games