Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professional Dead Person

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:25 am
I might but If I use my Dogs of War I can play either side. *sigh* The choices.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:55 pm
I am allmost certain that I am going to use Empire in the campaigne now. Probally going to add a unit of Ogre Ironguts just to give me some more strength in CC. Still have not got another unit of Empire State troops that I need so badly.  

Centigrade

Manderson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:16 pm
I was thinking of starting Empire and I was wondering if this would be a good army list (2000 points)-

Wizard Lord
-Level 4
-Seal of Destruction
Battle Wizard
-Level 2
Battle Wizard
-Level 2
Warrior Priest
-Sword of Righteous Steel
-Heavy Armor
10 Handgunners
-Musician
-Marksman
20 Spearmen (parent)
-Sheilds
-Musician
-Sergent
-10 Swordsmen (detachment)
-10 Handgunners (detachment)
10 Handgunners
-Musician
-Marksman
24 Flagellants
-Prophet of Doom
5 Pistoliers
5 Outriders
10 Handgunners
-Musician
-Marksman
Helblaster Volley Gun
Helstorm Rocket Battery
10 Handgunners
-Musician
-Marksman
5 Outriders  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:07 am
just bought a whole lot of empire off a friend, ive managed to build an army list but have never played empire before so any comments where to go next or what to change would be great

Warrior Priest
General
Heavy Armour
Shield
Barding
Hand Weapon

Captain of the Empire
Battle Standard
Barded Warhorse
Full PLate Armour

Knights of the Inner Circle x8
Full Plate Armour
Lance and Shield
Barded Warhorse
Musician
Standard
War Banner

The above is one unit, i want it to have won a combat before it starts, hence war banner and battle standard in the same unit. costly, but it has worked for me before with other armies

Knightly Orders x10
Full Command
Lance and Shield
Full Plate Armour
Barded Warhorse
Steel Standard

State Troops
20x Spearmen
Segeant
Light Armour
Shield

Detachment of 10 Handgunners

10 Crossbowmen
Marksmen

10 Handgunners
Marksmen

Flagellant Warband (10)
Prophet of Doom

Pistoliers x5
Outrider with repeater pistol and light armour

Great Cannon

Thats 1499pts

Any critisism constructive or not is welcome

my first game is against dwarfs, so i can relax on the 'but you have no magic' front.

cheers  

Stumpy2000

Centigrade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:21 pm
So Manderson I see you've gone for a very shooty list. That all looks good to me. Not my kind of style list but you are not me so it doesn't matter.

@ Stumpy2000
I would take a wizard of some sorts cause you are going to come up against some magic users sooner or later. By getting a wizard you can give youself at least some fighting chance against magic and maybe deal some magical pain out youself. All you really would have to decide is what magical lore you want to chose. For me as I got the Big Empire deal it was allready chosen for me and that was Fire.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:33 pm
Thank you, in 3000 points I plan to grab some more cc. And just making sure but you do know that even if your model shows the lore of fire you can still choose a different one.  

Manderson

Centigrade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:42 am
Yeah I know I just like to have models that look the part.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:13 am
Thanks

Magic is deffinatly what im looking into, ive also realised that i could do with another piece of artillery i think.

From experience, is the lore of fire the best lore?

And about the artillery, i have a cannon, where should i go next?

thanks  

Stumpy2000

Manderson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:21 pm
Stumpy- lore of fire is good if your looking for hard hitting power. But then again you could always go with Lore of life, which is good because it can measure its distance from terrain, or death which isn't nearly as damaging as fire but is more versatile, or even shadows which is less damage and more enchantments. As for artillery I would go with a helstorm rocket battery. They do good damage and don't require line of sight.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:09 pm
Manderson
Stumpy- lore of fire is good if your looking for hard hitting power. But then again you could always go with Lore of life, which is good because it can measure its distance from terrain, or death which isn't nearly as damaging as fire but is more versatile, or even shadows which is less damage and more enchantments. As for artillery I would go with a helstorm rocket battery. They do good damage and don't require line of sight.
Lore of Life, Beasts, and heaven. Unlike everyone else, Brets only get those, and I've seen my magic be devastating. If you take a mage on Pegasus, take Life. The ability to douse black powder and bow strings will help you in making sure the opponet cant shoot any well placed Artillery  

Reddemon

Centigrade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:03 am
Stumpy2000
Thanks

Magic is deffinatly what im looking into, ive also realised that i could do with another piece of artillery i think.

From experience, is the lore of fire the best lore?

And about the artillery, i have a cannon, where should i go next?

thanks

Every magic lore has it's uses. My advice would be look at each magical lore and it's spells. Look at the effect of each spell and decide which magial lore that you like the most or would be the most useful to your army. And if you decide to have two or more wizards in your army they do not need to both use the same lore.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:32 am
ok thanks

ive read the laws, i think the best thing to do is have a game and try each of them out. although i thinkk the lore of shadows is the most intriguing...

i won my first game with the army against dwarfs, only used one cannon but within the first three turns it had destroyed their cannon, organ gun, and made a unit of quarellers fail a panic test.

I must see in inches confused  

Stumpy2000

Manderson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 pm
Also for choosing lores in a tournement you are aloud to change them from battle to battle, so if you are playing empire the first match then undead you may want to choose fire/death/shadows/life for the first match then life for the second.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:25 pm
Manderson
Also for choosing lores in a tournement you are aloud to change them from battle to battle, so if you are playing empire the first match then undead you may want to choose fire/death/shadows/life for the first match then life for the second.

I didn't know that during tournaments you where allowed to change lores between matches. It probally applies to certain tournaments.  

Centigrade

Stumpy2000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:05 am
Hello All again

I played Bretts at 1500pts about two weeks ago and got absolutely hammered.

I took down quite a few knights but he passed all tests and as soon as he hit me in combat it was over.

I played on a 4x4 board (the club was pretty full) and i think on a larger board i could have got another round of shooting in, but im not sure.

What are the best tactics and units to use against brettonians? last time i choose handgunners over crossbowmen due to the extra -1 armour modifier, but with shorter range, having first turn didnt really help me.

Since the match i have bought 33 greatswords off ebay, they should be able to hold their own in combat...but im not too sure against a brett charge.

Any ideas welcome...

Finally, a general question,

the banner which bretts can take to stop stand and shoot being a charge reaction, does that effect detachments?

thanks  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces