Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:04 am
User Image

Just when you think, you got me figured out
The season's already changing

User Image

Eretria cocked an eyebrow at the people that did show up. Darius, Amanda, and Jaslyn she expected as they had played before, but only one firstie. She smirked. Well, she could have a bit of fun with this one, right? It was always fun to see if new house members could take her usual taunts, and if they were idiots like she'd seen in previous years, well, she couldn't help it if they seemed to fade into the background. "Well, it could be worse Jasmine, they could have decided the both of you were boys and gone from there." A smirk betrayed the joking nature of her remark before she regarded the others. "I do hope that you realize that we usually put everyone through their paces on this team. Even my position is up for grabs for those talented enough to surpass me. However, I have yet to see someone do it, so good luck with that. I would say do your best, but I figure you know that if you don't, you will not make it. However, I'm the easy one. Amanda's got more experience, so try to beat her if you can." Her smirk was still in place. She doubted any of them could beat herself or Amanda, but it could always happen. Unlikely, especially in the other fifth year's case, but it could.

Username: Diamond_Wales
Character's Name: Eretria Whitethorne
House: Slytherin
Year: Fifth
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: None

----------------------------------
State: Expectant
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

I think it's cool, you do what you do
And don't try to save me

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'll dedicate it to the fact that it's so hard for you to dream
A million heartbeats all around you make it hard to sleep

Love love, kiss kiss... blah blah blah....

Virgil came to the pitch and saw Jaslyn talking to Darius. He walked passed the two and glared at his half brother. Taking one of the forms he wrote down.

Username: Xistund
Character's Name: Virgil Ross
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: Not Yet (Currently Enrolled)
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Hold the Line and Sharp Eyes
First Choice Position: Keeper
Second Choice Position: Seeker

....You're making me sick.

Well do you find you like to fall in love with people that you're never gonna meet?
It's easier than breaking up and crying in the street  

Xistund

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:14 pm
User Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
J A S M I N E
E L I Z A B E T H
A C A C I A

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Slytherin PrefectHead....Boy?!Seventh YearQuidditch CaptainKeeperSingle
House RobesQuidditch RobesFall/WinterSpring/SummerSong
Out of Quidditch: Make sure you guys remember your stats in your posts!

Jasmine swore that there was less of a turn out this year. Most of the reserves from last year were nowhere to be found. There were still a few. Which, the Captain decided, had to be a good thing. After all, a couple of them would be suited for replacing Ronyo and Vanessa. Then there was Virgil. He was her reserve last year, and from the looks of it, he would be again. Unless he managed to do better than Belle.

The girl was pulled back to the pitch and out of her thoughts when Eretria made a sarcastic remark. "That's quite true. You might wanna keep that in mind when you're in the running then," the older girl retorted as she laughed. "And what the hell are you talking about trying to beat you? That's for me to decide!" Jasmine added as she went through the sheets she had collected thusfar.

Supposing it was about time to get the try-outs off to a start, Jasmine started forming a plan in her head. "Alright, so with the exception of Edajin, you all know how try-outs go. Of course, since we don't have enough players to form two full teams, we'll have two smaller teams.

"Amanda, I'd like you to be my vice-captain. We need someone to keep the team going when Belle and I graduate. You and Eretria are the chasers for the Green Team. Darius, you'll be beater, Jaslyn will be seeker and Virgil will play keeper.

"I'll lead the Silver Team. Since I don't need to know how good Eretria and Amanda are at scoring, I'll leave our goal open, which means I'll play chaser until someone else wanting chaser shows up. Dom, you're beater, and Belle, you're seeker. Edajin, I'm sorry, but you're stuck with me as your fellow chaser. There's a reason that I'm the keeper,"
she smiled as she walked over to pick up her broom. Sure, it was a newer Tinderblast, but the model was still slow. It wasn't a proper chasing broom, it was a proper chasing broom.

Dragging the chest out, Jasmine motioned for the players to take their positions. Once she saw they were ready, she released the snitch and bludgers and threw up the quaffle. Let try-outs begin.

Position: Silver Chaser
AC: 16
Modifiers: Great Catch (+2), Hold the Line (+2)
Special Skills: Great Catch, Hold the Line, Dang Healthy
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:10 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

It was hard to keep track of the rest of the team when his cousins lingering eyes had settled upon his, almost trying to read him. The stupid noisy blonde, he huffed, ripping his eyes away and crossing his arms over his chest as he tried to focus on the oncoming crowd. It’s not like she really knew what was going on—she was engaged to her boyfriend! The very first, and the very only, one she’s ever had. And yet she’s the one who storms around like they’ve sold her off like a petty pony. An arranged marriage with someone you already loved couldn’t be so bad.

Why are pureblood girls so bloody crazy?

He paused, catching his own thoughts—did he really just think that? But before he could really reflect, he shook his head and hurried to his broom to take position.

Username: Essy ze Ninja
Character's Name: Dominic Montague
Year: Fourth
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Three
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Keeper

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 14
Quidditch Field
╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:29 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Head Girl
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

She didn’t have to say anything to try and crawl under her cousin’s skin. All she had to do was look at him, and he’d fidget uncomfortably. The boy was always so easy to manipulate being so sensitive to the emotions of other people. But before she could really interrogate him, Jasmine had long past handed out the flyers and started the game. She scribbled her name down hurriedly before she kicked up on her broom and dashed high into the air. Once everyone had gotten into position and the balls were released, she stole off after the snitch.

Username: Essy ze Ninja
Character's Name: Annabelle Rich
Year: Seventh
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position:Chaser

Silver Team
Health: L1 L2 L3
Skills: Natural flyer (+2), Great catch (+2), Sharp eyes (+2),
19+ to spot, 22+ to catch
AC: 18
+8 to spot/catch

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:31 pm
[[[And I forgot to roll >.>]]]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:55 pm
User Image
User Image

After stretching, Amanda joined Eretria as she began to speak up to the first year. The girl stared down at Edajin as her friend explained very clearly that beating out her and Amanda for the chaser positions would be tricky, but doable if he was good enough. "Couldn't have said it better myself," she said, turning her head towards Eretria when she finished speaking. The fifth year looked at Jasmine when she called out to Eretria about her mini speech. A snicker escaped from her mouth. She approached the captain, and her eyebrows raised when she was appointed vice captain. "Gotcha," she managed to say, but she was still in some state of shock. Wow, I'll be captain next year. Although the chaser was happy she would be the captain when Jasmine and Belle graduate, she didn't want them to leave. The bond the whole team made over the last few years was unbelievable. Amanda nodded when she was told to be on the Green Team along with Eretria, Darius, Jaslyn, and Virgil. Once the tryouts started, the chaser hopped onto her broom and soared into the air. She went in for the quaffle. If she could grab it before Edajin or Jasmine, she would test out the first year's stealing skills.

Team: Green
Armour Class: +16
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +6) (shooting quaffle +6)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll: 10
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

==== ☠ ====

Format by Diamond_Wales

Devlyn Maycry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:31 pm
User ImageUser Image 
I'm always ṡ¢яεαмιиģ my lungs out 'til my head starts รקเภภเภﻮ☩ 
Won't keep my νøι¢ε down☩ 
Know the words I รקєคк are the τнøυģнτṡ I think out ใ๏ย๔☩ 

×××××Jaslyn nodded as Jasmine assigned them teams for the try outs. She waited silently, mounting her broom, and when Jasmine released the snitch, she shot off into the air in search of the tiny golden ball. Unless she really outplayed Belle, she knew she would only make reserve for the team once again this year, but she was okay with that.

OOC: Green Team
Position: Seeker
AC: 14
Modifiers: (+4 for Spotting) (+4 for Catching)
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
19+ to spot
22+ to catch
-/3 catching up.

Let's leave no words ยภรק๏кєภ, and save яεģяετṡ for the вяøќεи.☩ 
Will you even look ๒คςк when you think of мε?☩ 
I know to keep my hopes up ђเﻮђ, and my head down ℓøω.

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

x-Phoenix Phyre-x rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/First Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

Edajin nodded when Jasmine told him that he would be acting as Chaser. It was the same position that his father had played, so he couldn't complain. He had seen the look Amanda had given him, his brow furrowing slightly as he mounted his borrowed broom and took off to try and catch the Quaffle before she did.

Position: Silver Team Chaser
AC: 12
Modifiers: Natural Flyer (+2 AC), Great Catch (+2), Sharp Eyes (+2)
Total Roll: 10
Lives: [x] [x] [x]

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'll dedicate it to the fact that it's so hard for you to dream
A million heartbeats all around you make it hard to sleep

Love love, kiss kiss... blah blah blah....

Virgil got on his broom and flew up to the goals. He did not plan to let a goal in, he was not going to let someone play wile he sat on the sidelines again. He opened and closed his hands getting ready to catch the Quaffle.

....You're making me sick.

Well do you find you like to fall in love with people that you're never gonna meet?
It's easier than breaking up and crying in the street

Green Team
Position: Keeper
Modifiers: {+6 catch: Quaffle} {+4 to see Snitch} {+4 catch:Snitch}
Special Skills: Great Catch, Hold the Line and Sharp Eyes
Lives: [☣] [☣] [☣]  

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:16 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He shook his head, and with all, every toxic thought that had tainted his mind and plagued him. He whipped one leg around his broom and hoisted himself up into the air to settle himself into position. Callous crystal eyes darted between every player until the quaffle was released and the chasers began their hunt. Notorious for his abrasive offense, Dominic hurled upwards into the air and stretched his batting arm, taking aim. It felt odd taking a stance against his key team members, but he tried not to focus on that as he targeted Amanda as she lurched for the quaffle.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 14
Sliver Team
L1 L2 L3
Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing , Deft Dodger
3 and below lose a life,
16 and above to defend

AC: 19
+7 to bludger hits
╚═══════════════════╝

Xistund rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:39 pm
User Image

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
Cause I
want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius flew up bat ready. He looked around for a target, someone he could hit and weaken as he looked he saw a blunder move to one of there best players. He flew to intercept the beater to try and hit it back at Dominic.

Green Team
Position: Beater
AC: 14
Modifiers: {+4 AC} {+4 Hit}
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing and Dang Healthy
Lives: [☠] [☠] [☠] [☠]

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
This isn't what I
wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

Xistund

x-Phoenix Phyre-x rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 5, 5, 7, 2, 3, 1, 5, 8, 2 Total: 41 (10-100)

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:20 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/First Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

He saw the quaffle almost hovering in mid-air. Quickly, he urged his broom toward it, hoping to get there first. He didn't want the upper classmen to get away with sneering at him like that. If he wanted respect, he'd have to prove himself.

Position: Silver Team Chaser
Modifiers: Natural Flyer (+2 AC), Great Catch (+2), Sharp Eyes (+2)
Total Roll: 41
Lives: [x] [x] [x]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:30 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Head Girl
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Is that? She blinked, her gut instinct drove her to climb ferociously high into the sky, soaring perilously above the stands where the golden sparkles of the snitch had stolen off to. Somewhere behind her, Jaslyn skyrocketed into bright blue skies dutifully searching for the snitch. But Belle already had it in her sights. She almost sighed, too—because every time she’d practice in try outs, she always won, so quick and easily too. But during games, it was almost something different entirely. Still, she needed to keep practicing, especially if she ended up deciding to go professional…

Silver Team
Health: L1 L2 L3
Skills: Natural flyer (+2), Great catch (+2), Sharp eyes (+2),
19+ to spot, 22+ to catch
AC: 18
+8 to spot/catch
1/3 to catch

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 7, 6, 7, 2, 8, 1, 3, 10 Total: 59 (10-100)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:01 pm
User Image
User Image

Just after going after the quaffle, a bludger hit her in the side. Through the pain, she continued to fly for it, hoping she could still grab it before the first year did.

Team: Green
Armour Class: +16
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +6) (shooting quaffle +6)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll:
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

==== ☠ ====
((OOC: Roll of 10-10 dice to see who gets the quaffle.))

Format by Diamond_Wales

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games