Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:02 pm
    My first day was today, too! I felt like I was gonna pass out...I felt kinda sick, and my sister kept me awake all night because she was on the phone. We have seven hours of visual block each day this week. And I'm so sore already...this is gonna be tough. xd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:13 pm
Terra of the Lilies
    My first day was today, too! I felt like I was gonna pass out...I felt kinda sick, and my sister kept me awake all night because she was on the phone. We have seven hours of visual block each day this week. And I'm so sore already...this is gonna be tough. xd

holy butt.
College band camp is awesome, we have like 2 hours of marching a day, and it is at night xD  

Tubariffic
Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:19 am
Tubariffic
Terra of the Lilies

holy butt.
College band camp is awesome, we have like 2 hours of marching a day, and it is at night xD

I'm jealous. All of this visual stuff is just basics...we're not learning drill until next week. :[ I just took some pain stuff that should last me the day...so hopefully it won't hurt as much. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 am
We work fast. It is fun though, I guess with a band of 300some you just can't move too far so the sets are easier to learn xD
We learn like a 40 set pregame in like 3 rehearsals.  

Tubariffic
Captain

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:29 pm
So today at band my director started talking about the "lead trumpet" and how they influence the band so much. He was basically complimenting the kid that beat me out for section leader. Like I get I'm not the technical lead, but we were playing the same part at the relatively same volume. Does his sound just override mine? I understand that we are one band and all the sounds combine as one, but it ticks me off that me that he gets credit for everything. If I play a high note or rhythm that he missed, who does the rest of the band think played it? Not me, that's for sure.
I think what my real problem is that I'm an upperclassman who's not a leader. (In our small band that's kinda a minority). I don't really matter anymore, or at least I keep feeling that way. I'm not trying to say that I really don't think I matter anymore, it's just it feels like I'm not even apart of the band anymore. It's either the "new people" or the "leaders". I've actually been trying to see how long my new director and I will go without officially speaking to each other. It's almost like I'm not even there. emo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:27 pm
*hugs*

Sometimes people who decide positions are morons.  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:09 pm
I miss college marching band but i dont miss my lost saturdays.
We learned a new show every week and had to memorize the music as well.
I loved college marching band! AWAY GAMES FTW!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:25 pm
[Aelfwyn]
So today at band my director started talking about the "lead trumpet" and how they influence the band so much. He was basically complimenting the kid that beat me out for section leader. Like I get I'm not the technical lead, but we were playing the same part at the relatively same volume. Does his sound just override mine? I understand that we are one band and all the sounds combine as one, but it ticks me off that me that he gets credit for everything. If I play a high note or rhythm that he missed, who does the rest of the band think played it? Not me, that's for sure.
I think what my real problem is that I'm an upperclassman who's not a leader. (In our small band that's kinda a minority). I don't really matter anymore, or at least I keep feeling that way. I'm not trying to say that I really don't think I matter anymore, it's just it feels like I'm not even apart of the band anymore. It's either the "new people" or the "leaders". I've actually been trying to see how long my new director and I will go without officially speaking to each other. It's almost like I'm not even there. emo

That's really unfair. D=

I got so burned today...my neckstrap rubbed off the sunscreen on my neck, so I'm literally a redneck (except for the white line from my neckstrap...), and then there's my hands and the backs of my legs. Oh, and my scalp... xd Gotta love band camp. My mouth is all cut up from my braces, too.

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:25 am
I love doing new shows!
We are only doing 1 per month this year.
We only have MB twice a week, and we do a pretty damn good shows.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:41 pm
We have marching band on pretty much every day but Tuesday again this year...and we're still mediocre and huge. Not a good combination. x_x  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:47 pm
Hey what do you guys think of a booty grab thread?

There's gotta be some guild members with awesome tanks that might want to participate!

*feels like whoring out his new tank*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm getting my lip torturer braces off on September 14th. I wasn't really excited until I played high notes on my trumpet the night I found out. At first I was scared it will screw up my trumpet playing (which it will), but then I realized I will be able play high notes without being a trumpet masochist. I still hope it won't be as bad as getting them on (which put me back for five freaking months). confused

[Aelfwyn]
Vice Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:43 pm
    I can't wait to get my braces off. My mouth is completely cut up from them, and I still have one more week of band camp. D= Sax isn't completely horrible with braces, but oboe...so painful. If I'm lucky, I'll get my braces off by the end of the year...but I'm not very lucky. The only reason don't have them off is because my 12-year molars are just starting to grow in now...only one has broken through, though. :[

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:18 am
I'm getting my braces off theoretically either Monday or whenever the appointment is after that.

Hoorah for my mouth not being in pain! /percussionist

God, I want to be out of these...four-ish years of braces. Not to mention the six or seven months I had them back in fourth grade. So really, five years. x_x  

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games