Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 300 301 302 303 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:38 pm
Yes we are overwhelmingly similar Jitterbug, I quite agree, wizards and muggles coexisted for centuries before us wizards decided to go into hiding for both our own safety and the safety of the muggles, there's quite a bit of literature on it if you'd like to learn more about it.

Yes indeed Crystal, the one unmistakable difference between Wizards and Muggles is magic. Quite fascinating really when you get right down to it. I mean what makes a magical creature different from an ordinary creature?
The "Magical" part of course.

But what is magic really but the ability to harness energy and use it for our own purposes. This Energy that lessens the gravitational pull on an object to cause it to levitate when we cast Wingardium Leviosa, Energy that causes cells to rapidly mutate to transfigure one animal into a different one such as with Animagi, Energy that can change and expand a single dust particle into a comfy chair or an owlpocolypse. You see?

Ancient Wizards, even more ancient ones than myself if you can imagine, felt that the stars were these orbs of concentrated and undetermined magic that were just suspended in the sky, and completely unobtainable to any magical being.
--We can't create our own energy, wizards; we have to use the energy that's available in the air and earth around us, which is quite a lot, mind you.
-So anyway. When they saw what many muggles today call meteors, they felt they were stars plummeting to the earth. They believed that whoever was worthy enough could harness the power, and that they could then achieve the most spectacular magic that the depths of their imagination could dream up. Therefore, whenever they saw a shooting star they'd try to instill their will upon it, like you would a spell, but as more of a wish to try and harness that energy.

The students all look up at the ceiling, eager to try it for themselves, looking hopeful.*

Of course that’s all a load of tosh though... I mean, shooting stars aren't even stars, are they? They're space junk. But, nonetheless, I think it's always good to keep the old traditions alive don't you?

He looks over to the group of students who are looking slightly crestfallen now.*

Oh come now, tell me, what would you wish for?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 pm
Crystal waves at Andrew and Amelia and listens attentively to Professor Adonis. She knows, of course, what she would wish for if she could, but keeps it to herself.  

SharpProcess

Professor_Adonis generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 12!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:01 am
Time for a bonus giveaway!
Perhaps something good does come of being behind in getting our activities going... sweatdrop

And... Congratulations to our own Hogwarts Monthly Editor, Amelia!
**Gives Amelia an Interstellar Pal after conjuring it.**

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:02 am
"Congratulation, Amelia!"
Hmmm, Jitterbug tries to think what he should wish for...

Jitterbug5x5

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:53 pm
sneaks in while no one is looking*
leviates one of the sleeping bags then jumps in as it reaches the roof*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:49 pm
Riku congratulates Amelia! She hops into her sleeping bag and closes her eyes for a few seconds.  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:25 pm
Amelia sat there completely shocked, wait you said me! Awesome thank you professor, and thanks for everyone who wished me a congratulations......she laid with a large smile on her face

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 am
techpriest35

*After a moment Adonis spots James in the hall.*

Ah James, Welcome!

James your number is 14

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 7!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:56 am
Alrighty, yet another bonus!

Oh my... now where has Calliope gotten off to?
My, she sure does enjoy that cocoa, I think she's having a visit with Moaning Myrtle again. We'll just have to draw again!

Professor_Adonis generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 5!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:12 am
Here we go...

Ah! Alas, I don't see Channel around here anywhere either... sweatdrop

((Didn't post here today, so not eligible))

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 11!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:17 am
Third time's the charm? Let us hope...

. . .

Evidently not...

Professor_Adonis generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 6!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:20 am
What I wish for right this moment is to get a number that we can use, am I right? wink

gonk

My my... the Great Hall sure is empty at the moment...

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 3!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:23 am
Nevertheless we shall prevail until one of you has a nice prize!

Professor_Adonis generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 9!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:26 am
I'd like to take this moment to remind you all that you cannot recieve a prize unless you are here. If you haven't posted since the last time a prize was given out then you are considered not here.

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 13!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:28 am
Just keep stargazing students and thinking up your wishes, we'll get there eventually. I'll let you know who the winner is all in good time...

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 300 301 302 303 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games