Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 300 301 302 303 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:25 pm
Crystal fusses with her sleeping bag and pillow, fluffing them around her like a nest.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:37 pm
Jitterbug wishes congratulations to Raine once more and also calls out "Happy Birthday!" to Noelle. He reconsiders the gingerbread houses and decides to wander over and try his hand at it. Perhaps with a few well-placed Wingardium Leviosas, he can get all the gingerbread pieces in the right place?  

Jitterbug5x5

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Why don't we indulge in a bit of stargazing hm? I do quite enjoy it....
*Grabs his own sleeping bag and drags it over to the largest clump of students, gives a quick flick of his wand and dims the lights so that the only light in the room is the twinkling lights in the night sky above them. He lies down with a sigh.*

User Image

Oh my Jupiter is positively beaming tonight. I won-

*He's interrupted by a squeal of delight from a Ravenclaw to his right
"I saw a shooting star!"
"Oooohhh! You better make a wish then, quick!"chimed a Hufflepuff girl nearby.*

Oh how excellent! Do hurry and make a wish! It is tradition after all.

*A Gryffindor boy piped up, "Hang on, wizards do that too? I thought it was a muggle tradition..." A Slytherin to the left snorted derisively.*

Oh! Well yes it is a muggle tradition as well, I believe it started with the Greeks, they thought that the sky was a large dome covering the earth, and that the Gods would open it up and peek down at the mortals below, dislodging stars and causing them to fall. So when they saw a shooting star they'd make a wish because it meant that the Gods were watching, and might hear it and grant it.
For wizards, well... let me put it to you this way, what is the difference between a wizard and a muggle? Anyone?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:18 pm
Crystal settles in her cushion-y nest, looking up at the starry ceiling. "Mmm..." she mulls Professor Adonis's question over in her head. "Professor? The difference is magic." She pauses and continues, "Astronomy is a branch of magic; does that mean shooting stars have magical properties, like making wishes come true?"  

SharpProcess

Professor_Adonis generated a random number between 1 and 11 ... 11!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:23 am
*Adonis twinkles at Crystal and taps his finger to his nose, but waits for more students to offer their opinions as well.

In the mean time, he decides he better give out the final prize...

Oh how very appropriate! The prize goes to our member with the most recent Birthday! Congratulations Noelle, *flicks his wand about* here is a Ponzu the Panda. Enjoy!

Any other thoughts as to my question?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 am
Amelia runs into the Great Hall and sees everyone stargazing......she conjures up her sleeping bag and runs to where everyone is, wow sorry guys i am never late, and look at me now late haha guess there is a first for everything sweatdrop she settles down and looks for someone to start a conversation with...

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.As Andrew was a prefect, he was usually in the know about things at Hogwarts, but with all the issues in his home life having to take time away from his schooling he fell behind on the happenings at the school.
Slowly he walked the steps into the entrance hall, making sure not to wake anyone.
Upon entering the grand entrance hall he heard a large number of students milling about near and in the Great Hall.
He set his things down and walked over to the door and peered in.
Seeing students from all houses on the floor with sleeping bags and looking up at the starlit sky.
Andrew took a step into the hall and looked around for familiar faces.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:30 am
"Congratulations, Noelle!"
Hmm, Jitterbug pondered the Headmaster's question. "Perhaps it is that there are many more similarities than differences between wizards and muggles, particularly the farther back you go. One assumes most legends and traditions would then have a common starting point, if you went back far enough?"
Then Jitterbug's face goes all red and he clams up.

Jitterbug5x5

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:04 pm
Calliope gets up and excuses herself to the bathroom. Trying not to interrupt the Headmaster...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:09 pm
Annette cheered and called out to her sister. "Yay! A panda!" She nearly dropped the icing knife she was holding.  

Alastryona

Daliaveyani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:26 pm
She stuck her finger on the gingerbread house Annette was making and licked the icing off, "Thanks Jitterbug!" She says as she passes him, smiling as she see's the panda and walks back to her sister who almost dropped her knife she was using to ice the gingerbread house.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:25 pm
Aunt Slappy

Oshenukhar

Oh why not, I'm sure you won't mind if I extend the giveaway portion of the event for a bit longer now will you?

Amelia your number is 12
Andrew your number is 13

Professor_Adonis
Captain

vivacious_red

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:30 pm
*Calliope gets back from the bathroom and goes right for the vat of delicious elf-made hot cocoa on the north table.*

At this rate, I'll be spending half o' this event in loo. But this hot chocolate is just soooo goood!

*She turns and sips her cocoa watch the other students, trying to catch up on what she missed.*

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 300 301 302 303 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games