Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:49 am
    I think I'm getting along well with the freshmen...the ones that have talked to me, at least. xd We don't have too many in the woodwinds this year...one new flute and two new saxes. (Well, technically three new saxes, but I don't know if he's new to marching band or not- first chair all-state bari sax player from New Jersey. B] He isn't in the state yet, though.)

My highschool is lucky to have our director and the guy who writes our drill...they're both amazing! Before my director came, it was basically a student-run band, and our drill writer comes up with amazing stuff. =D I think our program is the best in Maryland, other than Westminster...their shows seem like they're always really cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:54 pm
I wish that you could delete and rearrange subforums >:U  

Tubariffic
Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:56 pm
Yay freshmen.

My freshmen this year are better than the ones from last year. Unfortunately all the upcoming sophomores that sucked last year came back this year. e_e;

...you're in Maryland? Yaay for someone living near me for once. 8D

My school's program isn't that good but it's good enough to function. We don't get replacement percussion stuff often enough but that's because we break things/lose things too often. >_>

@Tuba: Dude JMU has like the best music program. Seriously. Or at least percussion program. They have like...30 gongs and a whole wall of snare drums and they get FREE cymbals from Zildjian! surprised

EDIT: So do I. It'd be nice to have the new Woodwind sub under the brass one, not under Crew. Dx  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:01 pm
App State is better grrr xD

I was playing around on the main thread, and I was hitting the year back button, and this is my 3rd year anniversary as captain biggrin
[edit] oh wait, it was July 4th xD It just shows up when you hit the year back button 3 times.
[yet another edit] I was looking at the logs and it was June 23, but nobody noticed until July 4th. *loved* It was __Penguin__ that posted the topic. Before she was a mod because she was the first person I promoted, muwaha.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 pm
    Puff, do you live in Maryland? If you do, that's awesome. B]

Tuba: I just saw that thread yesterday! When I get bored I look at really old threads...it's a weird habit.

And App State...I'm guessing that's somewhat near the Appalachian Trail, or something?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:14 pm
Terra of the Lilies

Tuba: I just saw that thread yesterday! When I get bored I look at really old threads...it's a weird habit.

And App State...I'm guessing that's somewhat near the Appalachian Trail, or something?

D:
Appalachian State is in Boone, and is the best place in the known universe.
We won the division II football champs 3 times in a row (beating JMU razz )

I read old threads too, I want to find the oldest thread.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:28 pm
Tubariffic
Terra of the Lilies

D:
Appalachian State is in Boone, and is the best place in the known universe.
We won the division II football champs 3 times in a row (beating JMU razz )

I read old threads too, I want to find the oldest thread.

...Should I take that as a no? xd I have no idea where places are...I'm bad with directions and maps, so I'm doomed to get lost everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:37 pm
I honestly have no clue xD
We are off the blue ridge parkway biggrin  

Tubariffic
Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:43 pm
    Off to google maps! *scurryscurry*

Uhh...looks like it's kinda near the Appalachian Trail, which makes sense, considering that thing runs up most of the east coast. xd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:57 pm
xD
I love my school, but the summer is getting old
Boone consists of 20% locals 20% students and 60% floridians xD
They fail at driving.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:54 am
    Every couple years my family drives to florida to visit my grandma...it's horrible. D= There are so many near-accidents from all the people who should not be driving. xd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:12 pm
My to do list:
Write a 2500 word paper about the Japanese Economy post WWII
Make a 20 minute presentation about said topic
Clean my apartment
Move out of my apartment
Find a couch to sleep on because I am homeless for 2 weeks
Find a new roommate for next year because my current one withdrew
Learn new audition music because the new professor just changed it
Explode  

Tubariffic
Captain

Who is Puffer Fish
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm
@Terra: No, I live in Virginia. But hey, close enough. 8D

We used to fly to Florida every summer to visit my grandpa and uncle...and go to Universal. ninja

@Tuba: JMU > App State, in my mind. Because I know people who go/went to JMU and you're the only one I know from Appalachian.
And that sucks that your roommate left you hanging like that. x_x  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:29 pm
I've been to universal once, never Disney Land T^T

BNG Crew Road Trip!
xD  

Tubariffic
Captain

Terra of the Lilies
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:39 pm
    Ooh, awesome. =D I go to Virginia a lot, my aunt lives there.

I'm actually going to Disney World in the spring for my band trip. =D It'll be my first time there, too, and we'll probably be flying down...band kids on a plane. :O

Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games