Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 300 301 302 303 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:58 am
gaia_star Welcome to HPGoG's Seven Year Anniversary Spectacular! gaia_star

User Image
Welcome House Elves, Students, and Staff!
As many of you know December 19th marks our guild's 7th Anniversary!!! The Seventh Year is such a monumental milestone that the mod-squad and I have decided it deserves an equally impressive celebration! And we have quite a party in store for you, entertainment, snacks, prize giveaways, and sleep-overs!

Yes, seven is a most mystical and powerful number... Can't you just feel the air vibrating with magical energy? We gather together to take advantage of this slight boost of energy with a Festival of sorts here in our own Great Hall. As many of you can see I've discarded our usual house tables in favor of the various sleeping bags you see around you, you may have also noticed my rather dashing attire. Since we're going to be celebrating around the clock, and I'm not as young as I used to be to be nor am I able to go gallavanting about at all hours of the day and night, I thought we'd make this a bit of a pajama party! Homage to PAJAMA RAMA, if you will. So make sure you're wearing your P.J.'s! No slippers, no service! wink

We will be having a countdown to the 19th, at which point the festivities shall begin! So gather round, house elves, students and staff alike, and snag the best sleeping bags before they're taken! Along the North Wall the House Elves have been kind enough to lay out various snacks and refreshments for us, so students do be sure to thank them when they arrive.

That said, let the celebration begin!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:59 am
User Image
General Rules

• Follow Guild Rules (which includes Gaia TOS)

• Show your Guild Pride!! Remember the themes (see above) for each day!

• Take part in the Celebration!! We really want to see some posting during this event. All general chatting should be done in the Great Hall. Please do not post in your common rooms until classes begin

• Spirit Week only lasts a Week, so lets keep everything fun and clean. Nothing wrong with healthy competition (hint, hint)

More Rules will be added if needed.
    User Image

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:00 am
User Image
Countdown!

As part of the countdown to the 19th, the mod-squad and I will be giving away a prize once a day until the 19th! Upon your arrival you'll be assigned a number, so at the end of each day we simply have to draw a random number from a hat to decide who gets the prize for that day. You must have posted here in the Great Hall that day to receive the prize. If the person selected hasn't posted that day, then a new number will be selected. For all intensive purposes, the first number will be drawn at Midnight Dec. 16th PST and from then on "a day" will be the 24 hours following the drawing.

You're Number Will Be Listed Next to Your Name in the Attendance Post.

The Winners:
Dec. 16th :
kreativeheat : Angelic Parasol
Dec. 17th :
kreativeheat : Owlpocolypse
Dec. 18th :
DFC1995 : Ponzu the Panda
Dec. 19th :
Aunt Slappy : Interstellar Pal
Dec. 20th :
Jitterbug : Grunny Slippers
Dec. 21st :
kreativeheat : Wizard's Brew
Dec. 22nd :
kreativeheat : Bookish Insect
Dec. 23rd :
Riku Masen : Le Saltimbanque
Dec. 24th :
DFC1995 : Wonderful Green Wizard
Dec. 25th :
Aunt Slappy : Conqueror's Winter
Dec. 26/7th :
Mothette x : Vulturine Gentleman

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 am
User Image

Main Attraction!

*Adonis leans in and whispers surreptitiously*
I'm not supposed to tell the students what we've got planned, strictly speaking, at least, not until the 19th.
*He seems to struggle with himself, very excited about something before he leans in even closer and whispers*
Well, if you insist on knowing, we've been practicing for months, and let me tell you, it hasn't been easy teaching the giant squid to tap dance, but we---
*He spots Lyra Elizabeth looking at him suspiciously and stops abruptly, clearing his throat he speaks in a carrying voice.*

Well you'll just have to wait and see on the 19th..

User Image

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:10 am
User Image
Chocolate Frog Cards!

You see a HUGE tower of Chocolate Frogs displayed on a table off to the side and suddenly realize that you're starving. You reach out for one but have your hand swiftly slapped away by the Trolley Witch.

"Ah ah! Not until the 19th! If your hungry the house elves have already put out plenty of food along the North Wall!" She says, shooing you away from the table.

Sulkily you walk over to the heaps of treats on the tables, throwing dark looks at the trolley witch all the while.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:14 am
User Image
Attendance

User Image
Kreativeheat---------------4

User Image
Yukina101-------------------5
Riku Masen---------------8
Oshenukhar----------------13
PottyLurvsLoony----------15

User Image
The Queen Lana----------1
Jitterbug5x5----------------2
Yami Enzeru88------------3
vivacious_red--------------7
KitsuSoraAya--------------9
Aunt Slappy----------------12
The Username Found---16
Hope Maxime Hagrid---17

User Image
Anime_Aiko----------------10
DFC1995--------------------11

User Image
Mothette x--------------------6
techpriest35-----------------14

Last update: December 28, 2011 1:26 PM PST
User Image

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:16 am
Reserved

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:20 am
Reserved

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:39 am
Reserved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:02 pm
*Opens Doors*

Come on in and make yourself comfortable!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

The Queen Lana

Dapper Grabber

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lana rubs her eyes sleepily as she wanders down to the great hall. But when she entered she didn't see the normal great hall, but lots and lots of sleeping bags. 'This looks like fun,' she said and she hurried across the hall to find the comfiest sleeping bag.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:33 pm
Jitterbug slowly enters the Great Hall, taking in all the sleeping bags, but then spying all the tables of food, makes a beeline for them. He takes a pumpkin pasty and a mug of hot cocoa. "Thank you very much!" he says shyly to some nearby house elves. Then he wonders if he should go to a sleeping bag in a certain area? He sees Lana at a sleeping bag and heads in that direction.  

Jitterbug5x5

8,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 300 301 302 303 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games