Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:58 pm
*cuts up the onion* So, you said something earlier about macaroni and cheese not being fancy enough for Thanksgiving. Why would you say that?

*looks down at Thistle just as he gets the seed out* Got it.

Got what, Velcore?

The seed.

Okay... confused

It was stuck in my teeth.

Oh, I see.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:07 pm
Amy listened to the exchange between Karrie and Velcore and then responded to Karrie's question as she looked at Velcore. She kept stirring the hamburger in the skillet.

"Well... I, I've never been to a family Thanksgiving before. I don't know what it's like. Since I know Thanksgiving is a holiday and a reason for family to get together, I just kind of assumed it was a fancy occasion. I've seen people dress up for holidays before. I don't want to embarass you around your family by not wearing the right clothes or making something as simple as homemade macaroni and cheese. I'm very nervous, Karrie."

She sighed softly and looked back at the skillet.

Thistle smiled at Velcore when she realized he got the food out himself, but when she heard the soft, wavering tone in Amy's voice behind her, she turned and looked at her in concern.  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:18 pm
*laughs* Amy, we'll be lucky if everyone who wasn't cooking or traveling very far is out of their pajamas. Everybody just brings their favorite dishes to pass. I'll be making green bean casserole and pumpkin cheesecake. There will be a lot of people there, so we need to bring a lot, so make sure you plan for that.

*looks at Karrie hopefully* Is Mitri making pie?

*nods at Velcore* Probably. *looks at Amy* A couple of years ago, Mitri started trying out new recipes for desserts. Last year, he made peach-berry and peanut butter pies that were excellent. Velcore found one of the peanut butter ones left unattended and ate the whole thing before anybody caught him.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:25 pm
Amy smiled slightly, somewhat forcefully. What Karrie said and the image she got of Velcore eating one of Mitri's pies was funny, but she still felt a little apprehensive. Karrie never said that she couldn't embarrass him. He simply said that everyone else would be dressed down. God, there were many other ways she could embarrass herself or embarrass Karrie. She hadn't really grown up with a family, so she didn't know how to really interact with one for a prolonged amount of time.

Meanwhile, Thistle's tail was flicking rapidly and she was looking very excited. Mitri?! Mitri would be at Karrie's family's house?! Mitri!!!  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:32 pm
*looks over at Amy and frowns slightly* Amy, don't be so worried. You've met some of my family already. The rest aren't that much different. They won't be studying you or anything. We just get together to relax and enjoy being together. *chuckles* As long as you don't sit on your plate or something, you'll be fine. The younger of my two sisters did that one year. xd I'm sure that will be brought up again this year.

*chirps excitedly*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:37 pm
Amy looked up at Karrie with a worried expression on her face.

"So as long as I don't do something silly, like sitting on my plate, you won't be embarrassed?"

That wasn't exactly comforting.

Thistle's tail was still flicking wildly

Mitri, Mitri, MITRI!!

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:45 pm
*puts his knife down and goes over behind her, putting his arms around her* Don't worry about it. You won't embarrass me.

*Thistle's tail tickles his nose and he sneezes*  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Amy sighed, rested her hands on Karrie's arms when they wrapped around her waist, and leaned her head back against his chest.

"Karrie... that's not exactly comforting. I mean it is, but how can you be sure I won't? Just because you don't think your family would look at me that way, in a calculating manner?"

Thistle turned around and looked at Velcore when he sneezed. Was he getting sick from being out in the cold?!

She leaned her forehead on Velcore's chest and started to try and push him back, out of the kitchen. He needed to lie down and rest!

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:01 pm
Amy, my family isn't like that. The only one who might be is Niiki's mother, and she's not welcome in my father's house anymore. Besides, the last time I talked to my dad, he told me that everyone who's met you is excited to see you again, and those who haven't want to meet you. Especially Mitri. He's excited to see both you and Thistle again. This weekend is going to be fun.

*rubs his nose with his paw, then looks at Thistle* What are you doing? confused  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:07 pm
Amy's eyes widened and she dropped the spatula in the spoon holder briefly. She turned in Karrie's arms and she looked up at him hopefully.

"They said that, really? They're looking forward to seeing me? I've.. I've never really experienced that before. But, why? I mean, why are they? I didn't really do anything when I met them."

Thistle looked up at Velcore in frustration when he didn't move. She opened her mouth and started squeaking rapidly with a look of determination on her face. She was making no sense, but she sure looked like she meant business!  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:11 pm
You didn't have to do anything. They liked you.

Thistle, I can not understand you.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:18 pm
Amy sighed and sunk against Karrie's body. "This is going to take me awhile... I don't really get it. I've heard of things like this happening, but honestly, I just thought it had to be an exaggerated thing made for movies and TV. I mean, how can someone just like someone they barely know for doing nothing? I..."

She turned her head when she heard Thistle squeaking like an insane pony.

"What in the world?..."

Thistle huffed in frustration and then sneezed. Then, she started walking around very slowly and drooped her eyes dramatically, hoping to look horrible and ill.  

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:23 pm
*shakes his head* You're worrying too much. *turns to look at Thistle*

Are you worried because I sneezed? Your tail tickled my nose.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm
Amy heard Karrie and thought, you know, maybe he had a point... Maybe she should just focus on one thing at a time, like browning the hamburger for the taco soup.

... Or figure out why Thistle was acting so nuts all of a sudden.

Thistle cocked her head to the side slightly and paused in her squeaking momentarily. Her tail?

She flicked it lightly and then looked back at it. How could her tail make Velcore sneeze? It was nice and shiny!

Thistle looked back at Velcore and shook her head. He wasn't cold? She wrapped her tail around herself and then tried to make a sound she had heard when Amy or Karrie were cold. It sounded more like her lips were just buzzing.

"Brrrr?"

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:31 pm
Thistle, are you all right? confused

*blinks* Brr? I am not cold. It is warm outside.  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games