Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chat Thread: Chopsticks and teacups Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PirateEire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:55 pm

TeaDidikai
PirateEire
Hee... I'm going to go to a ridiculously expensive Harry Potter convention in Chicago in August... if I has money.

Damn all this crap I want to save for.

Urgh.
ReReCon > Harry Potter. 3nodding
Do you expect me to wear my Slytherin school robes to your ReReCon!? .........I will.

Anyway, I can afford anything in the whoooole world now. Didn't you hear? I've got my very first credit card ever! [In other words, if I come in complaining about all of my belongings being repossessed, don't be all that surprised, mmkay?]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:45 pm

Nuri
Just applied for a new job. Please wish me luck. After all the complaining I did, this sort of just fell in my lap.
Yay!

PirateEire
Do you expect me to wear my Slytherin school robes to your ReReCon!? .........I will.
What's a Slytherin?

Quote:
Anyway, I can afford anything in the whoooole world now. Didn't you hear? I've got my very first credit card ever! [In other words, if I come in complaining about all of my belongings being repossessed, don't be all that surprised, mmkay?]
Ummm... congrats?
Does this mean we are on for ReReCon for sure?

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:51 pm

Nuri
Just applied for a new job. Please wish me luck. After all the complaining I did, this sort of just fell in my lap.

Best of luck nuri! I hope you get it ^_^
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:11 am

To explain the current thread title:

Isakane has a collection of phrases he says at random.

"Black Death." (Usually when he pokes you with a plush Black Death)
"I like beans." (He likes them- I don't like that he likes them)

And "I am 70% Banana!"

Humans share 70% of their DNA with a Banana.

I was talking to my friend about the National Geographic DNA programs and I used this tidbit of information as an example.

When we later were speaking about the uncomfortable level of nutters in the pagan scene, she said "Pagans are 70% Banana!"

Hence the title.

TeaDidikai

PirateEire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:29 am

TeaDidikai
PirateEire
What's a Slytherin?
eek

sad I need to go sit down now.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:33 am

TeaDidikai

What's a Slytherin?

Tisk tisk.
It's a harry potter house, the nasty one xD

I think I'd be a ravenclaw smile I like their ideals and y'know....knowledge and stuff.

patch99329

Maze

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:49 am

patch99329
TeaDidikai

What's a Slytherin?

Tisk tisk.
It's a harry potter house, the nasty one xD

I think I'd be a ravenclaw smile I like their ideals and y'know....knowledge and stuff.

Aw, they're not nasty. Just overly ambitious. They do have a reputation for being a bunch of elitist bastards, though.

I should clear my signature. I haven't ever read past the fourth book. XD
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:14 am

I haven't read the Harry Potter books. ~shrugs~

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:25 am

Eh, they're alright, I guess. Certainly read worse. .. Well, what I've read of them anyway, hehe.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:54 am

I still maintain Dresden would slap Potter silly.

TeaDidikai

PirateEire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:12 pm

Maze
elitist bastards
Well, that explains why I was sorted in to Slytherin. I love all the houses though...

HP is a fun series. I still like Anne Bishop's novels far better, but there are so few people to get all geeky and fangirly with over those. *sighs*
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:14 pm

Wow... they're actually giving away Wiis?

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:34 pm

TeaDidikai
I still maintain Dresden would slap Potter silly.

Definitely seconded. XD

@PE: This is the first time I've heard her name. *ponders*

.. But "Pillars of the World" kind of sounds.. familiar.. No, wait, that's by Ken something. I got it from a friend, but.. I.. got bored on the way to the end and never made it past much more than the, oh, second chapter, if at that?

Sorry, different author, hehe.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:30 pm

PirateEire
Maze
elitist bastards
Well, that explains why I was sorted in to Slytherin. I love all the houses though...

HP is a fun series. I still like Anne Bishop's novels far better, but there are so few people to get all geeky and fangirly with over those. *sighs*
I wouldn't try and compare the two, personally. Harry would die in three seconds flat in the Black Jewels world. Dorothea wouldn't even leave a smear. whee

Man, I haven't read those in ages. But they certainly did bring out my fangirl.

On the adolescent fiction note, I maintain that Diana Wynne Jones did a lot of what Rowlings did, only first, and more artfully. Don't get me wrong, I like HP, but it just didn't have the literary "oomph" to catapult it into my favorites.

TatteredAngel

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:08 pm

I'm starting to feel kind of bad. The folks at the local Boarders seem to be a little unhappy with me for asking for one specific clerk.

I ask for said clerk because she gets down to business- she knows if I am coming to her for help- it's because it isn't something on the shelves and she skips the usual Boarders searches and goes directly to Books in Print.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games