Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Iron Harlot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:48 am
Esiris
maenad nuri
That first topic has been the bane of my existence for the past couple of days. I wish I had the temperament to be angry because at least that would be satisfying.

They don't see why the word is, at least, potentially harmful even without malicious intent.

But then, these are people who think that to be racist -- you have to intend it to be racist.

stressed

Use this link on those people  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:57 am
I am so ******** tired of rape and assault apologism. I am tired of people I count as friends deciding that it isn't so bad when a friend of theirs does it. Or that the intent of that person changes the damage done.

I am tired of feeling like I can't tell anyone about the things that have happened to me because people will downplay it, make excuses for it, decide that they wish to remain "neutral" or doubt me.

I am tired of people I thought knew better, people who have gone through the same ******** s**t, playing the same ******** apologism, excusing, neutrality bullshit game that people played on them when they opened up about what was done to them.

I'm ******** tired of the hypocrisy, the betrayal and getting smacked with rape culture in all its ******** up, vile glory when all I want is some goddamn support, just a little bit of empathy and to be treated like a ******** human being who did not deserve any of this to happen to her and did not cause it.

I'm ******** tired of losing places and people to this crap.

I'm just tired. I don't even have the energy to be hurt anymore. To be angry. I'm just ******** tired.  

Iron Harlot

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:34 am
Iron Harlot
Esiris
maenad nuri
That first topic has been the bane of my existence for the past couple of days. I wish I had the temperament to be angry because at least that would be satisfying.

They don't see why the word is, at least, potentially harmful even without malicious intent.

But then, these are people who think that to be racist -- you have to intend it to be racist.

stressed

I did. The response was "That's just a website, it's only OPINION!"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:05 pm
maenad nuri

Time to break out the studies that show stereotyping perpetuates racism- regardless of intent.  

TeaDidikai

Iron Harlot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:11 am
maenad nuri
Iron Harlot
Esiris
maenad nuri

stressed

I wasn't aware websites were invariably opinions. o_O

You're dealing with some heavy thinkers there. Vom.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:46 am
If you're a witch, and you think the Wicked Witch of the West getup is mean towards witches during Halloween, why would you think being a Zombi is okay?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:21 pm
Being angry is too high maintenance. So are grudges.
It takes too much effort to even recall why I feuded with most people, and in absence of fresh provocation, I likely won't have any animosity after a month or so.
Is this a bad thing?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:31 pm
So our campus newspaper is divided into ED-board (editorial board where all editorial issues are decided) and Board (B of Directors who decide everything else).

The President of Board is a complete asshat and everybody is really regretting voting for him (myself included).

Him: You had to be there to experience it #don'tmisstrainingevents
Myself: Don't be snide. I'm sorry if I didn't want infect everyone with a cold.

This is minor.

There are other things that do bother me though, and its made me really glad us Canadians value bureaucracy.

Board isn't supposed to influence ed-board either, and yet he trounces upon us at our ed-board meetings, saying things like he can give individual sections more pages (completely ignoring our editor-in-chief) and other things.

scream  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:18 am
It's okay.

I've got honey in my tea.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:19 am
Esiris
If you're a witch, and you think the Wicked Witch of the West getup is mean towards witches during Halloween, why would you think being a Zombi is okay?

Heck, I've played so many fictional witches over the years. I've been WWOW, TWW, and so many generic fary tail witches that I've lost count. I never found any offense in playing these characters and of all of them I loved WWOW the most. She's a interesting and complex character, especially if you take the time to read the books as opposed to getting it just from the movie or stage performances.

But honestly, if WWOW is mean towards witches then a zombi is certinaly mean towards Voudun practitioners.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:36 pm
Ouch. Getting hit with a car sucks.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:47 pm
Doesn't it?

It's okay when it's just the body aching, I've found. It bothers me more when my brain thinks it needs to shove over because the speed with which you were hit spooked it into the bushes or something..  

Maze

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:48 pm
Shearaha

But honestly, if WWOW is mean towards witches then a zombi is certinaly mean towards Voudun practitioners.

I'm glad it's not just me that makes sense to.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:23 pm
Scratch all that - I walk with dignity, love, and a song on my lips.

sweatdrop  

Collowrath

Kylandares

Wealthy Vampire

7,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:49 am
I'M SICK OF PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT THEY KNOW MORE THEN ME.I'M SICK OF PEOPLE ACTING LIKE I DON'T ANY THING OR THAT I'M TOO DAMH DUMB TO KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games