Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:29 pm
Daniel shrugs slightly, rolling his shoulders uncertainly. He looks over his pile of books and dozens of bits of paper, then back up at Kits.

"I...suppose I could always do with another view point. Although, I'm not really looking for something specific, or at least I don't think I am."

Digging into the shuffle of paper, Daniel comes up with a piece of torn napkin that he lays carefully on the table. On it is written a single sentence. Message in a bottle of similar quantity horse heaven.

"Here, see? I had this message sent to me. From somewhere. Far from here. Yes, and uh, as you can see, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Now with Dame's pop culture help, I deduced that there are at least two halves. The first, 'message in a bottle', refers to itself, as in there is a message here if I can just work it out. As to the rest, the 'similar quantity horse heaven,', well it's proving more difficult."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:53 pm
Message in a bottle of similar quantity horse heaven? *thinks for a little while, her tail flicking back and forth* Similar quantity... Could it mean that there's another message somewhere? Maybe hidden in something similar to what that one was in? Horse heaven could refer to the place you'd find the message. Maybe a barn, or a field...

*shrugs* That's the best I can come up with.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:45 pm
Daniel listens as Kits reasons through the words, nodding as he listens. Once she finishes, he nods a little more then stops as his eyebrows suddenly rise. His head kicks over to one side, then whips down to stare at the scrap of napkin.

"Another message? I hadn't considered that. Or perhaps another meaning? Like the 'message in a bottle' was a metaphor for the hidden message, maybe the rest of it shouldn't be taken literally. More code...man this could take me for ever."

Daniel looks back up at Kits with a large smile.

"Thanks for the idea though. I'm sure it'll be most helpful."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:56 pm
*smiles at Daniel* I hope that helped, at least a little bit.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:53 pm
dame and Karrie chat for a few more minutes before he takes his leave. An hour or so later, dame finishes up making her pie and topping it. After a while, she eventually goes on her way.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:03 pm
With his new input and perspective, Daniel buries himself in the problem of the mysterious message once more. He pours over different books, seemingly at random. Chemistry, physics, a dictionary, electronics, grammer, cryptology and more. His pile of scrap paper becomes more and more shuffled and spread out as picks up some pieces, but then discards others. As he references books and mumbles to himself, Daniel scribbles furiously onto the notepad that he had also aquired today.

I will get this. I will. I must.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:11 pm
*with Daniel immersed in his research again, Kits returns to the kitchen to chat with Dame and Karrie again. Shortly after Karrie and Velcore leave, Kits and her dragons do as well*  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:11 pm
Late into the night, Daniel continued to flip through books and made hastily scribbled notes as he went. Sometimes the note was scratched out, and something written in its place. Other times he smiplly crumpled the whole piece and tossed it into a corner. Eventually he had gone through all the books he had brought home that afternoon, and he sat back and sighed to himself, stretching his arms and then rubbing at his eyes.

With another sigh Daniel dug a couple of boxes out from under the couch. Opening them revealed yet more books, those that he had appropriated the first night he had moved in with Dame. Pulling them out he began again, this time cross referencing things that he had notated from the newer books.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 pm
Keys can be heard jangling outside the apartment, soon dame opens the door and comes strutting inside in her new boots, feeling like Miss Thang. She closes the door with her hip, crosses her arms under her chest and winks at Daniel, "Hey honey, how are you? You all ready for tomorrow?" She crosses to the wall and hangs up her purse.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:53 pm
Daniel looks up from a history book at the sound of Dame's entrance. Her question obviously confuses him.

"Uh, why? What's tomorrow?"  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:15 pm
dame places her hands on her hips, jutting one out, "Daniel, I told you tomorrow was Thanksgiving. We're going to my family's house. Dec and Bonnie are probably coming too." She gives him a stern look.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:22 pm
Daniel's eyes roll to one side as he cast back into his memory. He honestly hadn't recalled at first, as his work had taken up most of his attention since the day sat down. Finally a memory of a conversation he had briefly had with Dame, one he had only half paid attention to much to his embarresment, regarding all the cooking she had been doing recently.

"Ooh yes, that. Sorry. Slipped my mind. But yes, I suppose I'm plenty ready. Though in all my distraction I'm not sure if I read up on the subject. Or maybe I did? Perhaps I have a book in all this."

Daniel pokes gently at a small stack of haphazardly placed books, which is all it needed to topple over onto the floor next to him. He grinned sheepishly up at Dame.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 pm
((-snort- dame only cooked one thing. xd The pumpkin pie. And everyone was surprised she could do that much. xd That girl could burn water. lol ))

"Daniel darling, would you like me to tell you the story of the First Thanksgiving again?" She shakes her head at his mess and goes over, squatting down and picking up the books. "Do you have a bag already packed? My family lives an hour away and were staying with relatives. I'm planning on staying there until Saturday or Sunday..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:51 pm
(( Well I didn't know that, I'm just trying to fill in the fwe days that were skimmed over, and it seemed reasonable. At the time anyways.))

Daniel helped Dame straighten the books as she set them back down. At her question, he chuckled to himself.

"Well, aside from one or two sets of clothes, I don't have much to even consider packing. Unless you count this mess."

He gestured at the scattered books and papers, then let his arms fall to his sides.

"Though, you're certain this isn't going to be weird or anything, right? I mean, you know, strange guy you recently met and barely know hanging round during a holiday and all. As I recall, there was some mention of it being when families come together, and I really don't mean to step in the middle of that."  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:57 pm
((It's cool. wink dame doesn't really live at the apartment, so Daniel kinda sees her intermittently. ^_^))

dame stands again, walking around to stand in front of him on the other side of the coffee table, hands returning to her hips, "Daniel honey, I have been known to bring the oddest of things to family gatherings. They won't think nothin' of it. I'll probably just leave you with one side of the fam while I visit the other. They aren't as...um....well, they don't quite take it in the same stride, me bringing around random people, as the other side of the family does. lol But that's cool, Dec and Bonnie'll probably stay too so it won't be as awkward like. You'll have an hour to get to know them tomorrow on the ride over. xd Just remember, don't mention the mental institution to my family, at least in regards to me being in there. They don't know that nor do they need to. sweatdrop "

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games