Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Mpreg? Gross, wrong, or misunderstood? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HamanoKumiko

Hygienic Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:59 pm
The topic is interesting in itself. I really can't see how it is possible for a guy to nourish a child in his body...not possible. But there are some stories out there that make me squeel in delight. I guess I'm not agains mpreg, but I try to avoid reading it through unless it grabs me interest. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:40 pm
To be completely honest, I've never been a big fan of MPreg. There was a time when just the idea would of completely freaked me out, but I have read one or two fanfics about it before. Unless it has been completely justified as to WHY the male can suddenly pop out babies I won't even glance at it. Besides, the prospect of having kids in a yaoi fanfic kinda ruins a great deal of the hotness for me. I mean no offence to those who do enjoy it, but it's just not particularly to my own tastes.  

Keamykaykay

SingingNight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:18 pm
fortunately, i've never found a story that even considers that! XD
i don't really like the idea, but i've never tried reading one, either, so...who knows? ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:21 pm
I'm not a big fan of Mpreg. The only Mpreg I read was a bleach doujinshi and is was about IchigoxUryuu and IsshinxRyuuken. Ryuuken had a baby with Isshin then in the next chapter Uryuu had a baby with Ichigo. It was crackish and down right stupid-funny but I think that's how I like to read Mpreg. In written form, if I can find it well written and not forced, then I might read.

Overall, I prefer to stick with good ol' smexy yaoi. whee  

Twilight_Rein

Shirtless Fatcat

Strawberry Flavored Riri

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:54 pm
I think it's pretty misunderstood. I mean, true, it's not possible unless a girl had a sex change, but I don't when people bash about it. And it's kinda sweet to think of two men ready to add a child to their family who's not going to be adopted *smiles happily*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:37 pm
Well I honestly don't care so long as the story is good. I've read about 3 or 4 fanfic's that involved male pregnancy and still maintained an excellent plot.

As for males not being able to produce babies in real life...
well mebbe you would like to take a look at this new procedure for male pregnancy. =3
Though it is rather risky, and currently the hospital isn't accepting new patients.

Overall, I see it as a harmless thing. If you don't like it, don't read it. It's not my life, so I don't care as much what happens. =/

Reishii-chan

AnimeWolfGurl115

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Personally I think it's misunderstood. I like MPreg it's just all MPreg fics are the same there have been one or two where the situation had a reasonable like in an FMA one I read, but other than that they are all the same thing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:22 pm
I have to say, I think it's cute. Of course my favorite part of mpreg is the pairing as parents ^_^  

NuclearWessel

RaffishHumor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:03 pm
I personally love mpreg....i dunno why. i guess its just so cute smile 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:50 pm
it was confusing  

TwEAT_Me_417

Hilarious Sophomore

ll ImpDevilMule ll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:54 pm
I'm not really into Mpreg...I have read two stories, and two stories only, that I could say i enjoyed despite them being Mpreg. They were extremely well written. One was a Final Fantasy VII fanfiction and the other was Yu Yu Hakusho (I was weary about reading them, but both had over 400 reviews so I decided to check them out xD). And both gave plotlines that were very believable! (In a fictional context anyway). But as a whole, I'm not very interested. Though everyone has their preferences ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:16 pm
I never really liked the whole mpreg thing. :/
I guess I really never liked it because it makes me thing "Well... if these are two guys.. one must have had a sex change in the past." It doesn't really make for a good story, and the only time I'd look at it is if it were just to be taken as humor.

It's very dis-interesting to me.  

x Pipkin x

Invisible Regular

8,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Twilakam

5,800 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:32 pm
I'm not an Mpreg fan myself. I'm not disgusted by it, but my mind just sort of shuts off when it comes up. I can't compute how it's possible (yet i can fathom magic logically?), and it just... feels odd. :3 Personal preference, i suppose.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:06 am
bishie-boy
Let me put it this way.

I don't know if I like mpreg because I've never read a fanfiction with mpreg that was ever completed. People say they're gonna write it, then they never finish it. It kind of annoys me. My sis is supposedly writing one, and I'll gladly read it as long as it involves two boys, but she's been working on the story for months and it's gone NOWHERE.

And in answer to your question about Kisame and Itachi...

I dont know so why don't you read the rest of it and see where the writer takes it? 3nodding

I think that is a bit to harsh, it may depend on the fandom you are in. In my fandom kyou kara maou you can read lots of mpreg stories and there is a great number of ones that are finished and have a good writing style 3nodding  

Lady von Wincott

3,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

No Gambling in Paradix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:25 am
User Image
Eh...I have nothing against it, but I mean, it's not my favorite thing in the world...
...But be sure to have fun!

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces