Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
Mayfair Manor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:30 pm
Cyrus looked at Felix for a moment then reached in the chest and picked a doll up. They hadn't done anything to hide that fact that it was made out of bones. Not with any of them.
Slowly he turned the doll around in his hands. They were Mary Beth's bones. Antha's mother. "You know the basics. You know that we're witches. You know that we interbreed. You know that the Designee of the Legacy is God in our family. Where else do I start?"
All he could think to do was start rambling. He started off telling him about how humans that weren't on the verge of death drinking vampire blood made them crazy and their children witches. He told him how Suzanne Mayfair had been kidnapped as a child by a vampire and left for dead in the street. He told him how Sleet---"He's the one that attacked Antha today. Remember?"---had been that vampire and how his blood was in their blood. He told him that Suzanne's daughter Deborah had been the first Mayfair witch. He told him how she had used her powers to build a fortune and her descendants had done the same. He told him about the kind of secret organization of scholars called the Talamasca and how they were always watching the Mayfairs and the Mayfairs were always killing them off. He even told him how Antha had seduced David Talbot and Aaron Lightner and made a little peace between their family and the scholars. He told him about the other coven masters of Osiris City. Kind Khayman who wanted to be their friend and cruel Persephone who had no heart. He told them about the war that raged in the city between the vampires and witches and werewolves.
"What do you still want to know?" he asked a couple of hours later. "There's still so much to tell you. But most of it you'll learn over time. The rest........it's taken us our entire lives to learn everything we know. It's hard to sum it up and tell you about it." He was turning a new doll in his hands now. Marguerite's doll. Antha's psychotic great-grandmother."Oh I almost forgot about the dolls." He laughed and turned the trunk to face him. "When a mainstream Mayfair dies it's custom to take some bones and maybe some hair and make a doll of them. Keeps their spirit close. This chest is only for Designees of the Legacy." He held up the doll in his hands. "This is your great-grandmother Marguerite. She made a big deal out of practicing her magic. She was also the most psychotic Mayfair ever. Worse than Antha. Crazy thought right? She had an altar to the devil in her room and she used to kidnap and murder wanderers and preserve their body parts in jars. Not exactly the nicest person in the world. Antha and Nicolae found the room she used for storage when we were younger. It's on the second floor. They both had to go to a mental institution for observation for a few weeks. When they got back Antha demanded that Julien seal it back up. She was too afraid to let anyone go in long enough to clean it out first."

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:08 pm
Felix took a breath and watched his breath fog as he exhaled. "If I'm going to be residing here, I believe I need to be informed about everything that might concern me. I wish to know more about the Talamasca. If they are watching you, then they'll most likely be watching me. And I don't like having eyes peering while my back is turned."

That fact alone bothered Felix. Secrecy, and the ability to hide when other couldn't was the basis of his actions. So the fact that he will be watched made him feel uneasy. He wanted to hide from their gazes. Yet another force of habit.

"And this war you spoke of. Between vampires, witches and werewolves. I already enough about Sleet to, for lack of better words at the moment, paint a picture of why his fighting. Or one objective of his, at least. But what can you tell me about the other two coven master. I'll need to know why they fight, along with the werewolves, in order to make my decisions in the future."

At least his life wasn't going to be too boring. When Antha pulled up to this manor, Felix had briefly wondered if his existence wasn't going to be filled the responsibilities the guild had once placed on him. And these people don't really seem to give orders with any relevance behind it. Felix would still obey, but there was no real point to it. It's time like this, cut off from your master's call, when the dog has to think for himself. All Felix needed to find out was; what was his real mission now?

Azure Halfbreed

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:18 pm
Seth pulled away to look at the dolls. The sight of them always seemed to disturbed him. Then he wiped head back to the woods and pulled back his lips over his teeth. "Cyrus, there's a wolf pacing around. You want me to chase it off or kill it?" he asked as he was able to smell and hear a werewolf in the woods watching the manor.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:42 pm
Vittorio had stood while Cyrus spoke, listening quietly. These were things he had known all his life---beware of the Talamasca, for they always watch, kill the vampires and werewolves when you see them or they will kill you, obey your Designee of the Legacy and keep the spirits of your ancestors always close---so he took no real interest in them. But he felt, for a moment, that it was wrong to let Cyrus tell Felix of the blood feuds when he had so little to do with them. No, Cyrus avoided all of the violence when he could. It was Vittorio who had been guardian of his family against those who stalked the night for years. "All of the fighting leads back to one thing," he said, his voice low and brusque as usual, "Blood. The hatred runs in it. Vampires hate us because we're born of their blood, but we don't carry their burdens, or so they believe. Werewolves hate us because we're unnatural---always hypocrites, those mangy beasts--- and because they fear our power but have trouble distinguishing us from humans."
He paused just long enough to seat himself stiffly in one of the little wrought iron chairs around the table, beside where Dolly Jean had placed herself when Cyrus had started his long tale. He even bothered to analyze Felix's expression, wondering if he, like so many others, was astonished to hear the quiet brute speak for so long, and with an unusual eloquence for his type, as he was told. "Vampires didn't really hate werewolves in the beginning, but they fight because werewolf blood makes them stronger and because they consider them the lowest of intelligent lifeforms. Mongrels. Werewolves fight with the vampires because the best defense is a good offense. If they don't attack them on sight, they know the vampires will hunt them. After thousands of years of this fighting, the hatred has become so strong that it's printed in our DNA. It carries in our blood."
Dolly Jean interrupted before Vittorio could continue, her eyes wide and her hand closing over his. "We don't all hate each other," she amended, her tone carrying a trace of fright. She didn't want Felix to believe the same things as most outsiders did, that they all hated each other unconditionally. "Not everyone has that hate. Khayman, one of the coven masters of this city, he likes witches. He doesn't even mind the wolves. He loves Antha like his own little sister and he likes the rest of us. He punishes his followers for fighting with witches. He says they can learn things from us."
"And Le Cirque du Graal Rouge," Vittorio added, showing her that he remembered not all vampires were their violent enemies.
She nodded, giving him a shy little smile that, though he did not show it, he cherished. "They're performers. And vampires. Antha made friends with a lot of them. Nicholas dedicates some of his shows to her."
"And Aurelius," Vittorio chipped in again.
"Yes. Aurelius is one of the three alpha wolves. He thinks we're interesting. He spies on us though, which is weird, but he's never done anything to harm us." With that the girl fell silent, her cheeks flushing as if she were embarrassed that she had spoken so freely and her eyes turning to Cyrus, silently begging him to take over and direct any attention away from her.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:21 pm
Cyrus turned his eyes to Seth. "Chase it off," he said while Vittorio spoke. "Just get it away."
He waited while the other two spoke. When Dolly Jean gave him those pleading eyes he started again. "They're right. Both of them. It's all very silly." He stopped and thought about Felix's questions. "The two coven masters besides Khayman are beasts. You've met Sleet. You know what I mean." His eyes gave a quick warning to his cousins. "Do you know he kidnapped Antha when she was only 12 years old? He dragged her out of her bed and into his lair and he tortured her for three solid days. The family went crazy looking for her. Then Lawrence had this vision and he went after her. Sleet tied him up too and almost killed Antha but Lawrence stopped him. He beat Lawrence really bad for that and threw him out in the graveyard. He tried to kill Antha again a few minutes later but she just snapped and broke free and ran out. She burned half of his coven. The family had gone to the crypt to to save her so they had an ambulance. But she still died."
Cyrus went quiet for a few minutes. He knew Dolly Jean and Vittorio would remember as well as he did. "They couldn't stop the bleeding. She's been frail from birth so she caught pneumonia in the crypts and her insides were all broken and bruised. They were rushing her to the operating room when she died. We all heard the little monitor go flat." They hadn't needed the monitor. They had all felt it. Like being stabbed.
He gave a shake of his head to clear the image away. "She came back of course. But Antha and Sleet haven't stopped warring since. Persephone isn't any better. She's a lot saner than Sleet but just as cruel. She's not that strong either but she's a good leader with a strong coven and she hates us even more than Sleet does."
He sighed. "Sometimes I think we were born to be hated."

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:54 am
"If Aurelius is one of the three alpha wolves, who are the other two?" There still were some blank spots that needed filling. He knew enough about Sleet to attack when needed. Felix believes he should meet Persephone or engage her coven before he can judge her. And most likely meet Khayman. Everyone here says not a threat to them, But Felix should verify that for himself.

It was the same with Aurelius. Dolly Jean said that he hasn't done anything yet, but he does spy. The fact of being watched didn't sit well with Felix. Just like the Talamasca. There were a lot of forces here at work. He'd have to deal with it one at a time. But it was wise to get as much knowledge on your enemy as possible.

Azure Halfbreed

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:24 pm
"The other two are Fenrir and Tristan." He sighed. "Fenrir is the oldest living werewolf. Which means he's also the strongest. His pack fights more than any other. He's put all this trash in their heads about glory through fighting so that they run around like rabid dogs trying to pick fights."
He stopped to watch the approaching figure. He had trouble telling what it was. Too strong. "The other is Tristan. He's the most pathetic type of creature. He hates what he is and tries to make everything else that's not human hate themselves. His pack all just lay around feeling sorry for themselves and he spends all of his time wallowing in selfpity and trying to act civilized. He doosn't even fight because he says it's barbaric."
He rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair and waited another minute for their unexpected guest to show up. It was the polite thign to do. "Welcome to the party," he greeted the vampire when he showed up in the garden.
"A pleasure as always to be in your company," Khayman greeted him. There was an amused smile to his lips and curiosity in his eyes. "I heard about the new addition to your family. The whole city is whispering about it you know. I wished to come greet him." His eyes focused on the only one he didn't know. That had to be him. "But pardon my rudeness. You must be Felix Mayfair. My name is Khayman." He swept a low bow. "I am a coven master of Osiris City. Your brother Nicolae is my second in command."
Cyrus rolled his eyes at the vampire. "Shush. You're interrupting the story." Though he didn't know where to pick up again.
Khayman tipped his head and took the chair beside Cyrus when it was offered. "My apologies again. Please continue."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:07 am
Felix watched as a figure walked out of the shadows and joined them. So this was Khayman. Felix didn't sense any thing threating about the vampire, but Felix still kept his guard up. After his breif encounter with Sleet, he knew only a small fraction of what vampires can do.

Felix remained quiet for now. The others may trust him, but Felix couldn't just yet. Not so soon. They both were an acceptable distance away. Felix kept an eyes on Khayman. Even without a threatening feeling coming from the man, he still expected Khaymon hands clamped around his throat.

Azure Halfbreed

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:32 pm
Seth gave a small bow to Khayman in respect then jumped into the forest and attacked the wolf. It yelped then ran off. "Sad excuse for a dog." Seth said to himself once he was sure it was gone. He slowly walked back up to the manor and stood quietly on the porch.

Kain had fallen asleep in the kitchen on the wall trying to clear his mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:19 pm
Khayman tried to hide his smile as he looked at Felix but he failed. "It's unfortunate," he said to him. "That you've been taught not to trust others so completely. But perhaps one day I can earn that trust."
He smiled again and then turned to Cyrus. "I must admit I had another reason for coming here. I'm sure you know Nicolae chased after Antha when she went hunting ghosts and that he's joined their party now. But I picked up a strange thought from him just before I came. It seems your cousin Courtland came up with the idea to marry Antha to one of the witch boys they're assisting." He didn't mention that Nicolae thought Antha was giving it serious consideration. He wanted to know what they thought. "What do you know about their family?"
Cyrus's eyes widened when he heard about it. A Designee of the Legacy marrying outside of the family? It was so rare it was almost unheard of. "I don't really know anything about them. I know one of the brothers went to the Talamasca for help and Antha tried to help him get rid of some ghost and that she went to their home tonight to try to help again. I think that boy's name was Rynn." But he knew that there were multiple brothers. He assumed Courtland had the main one in mind for Antha.
He looked at Dolly Jean and Vittorio. He had to wonder how they'd react. "Maybe we should speak with David Talbot about this. He would surely know something about them." It was their life's work.
Khayman nodded his head thoughtfully. "They would certainly. But I have to wonder if you'd be comfortable going to the Talamasca?"
Cyrus tensed and looked at his cousins again.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:15 pm
Seth raised his head alittle at that thought. *I doubt that Antha would want to settle down with another witch.* he thought to himself. *She seems to like our kind more.* Seth said nothing just stood in respect. He had to admit to himself he was suprised at his masters sudden vist. Khayman had a way to keep quiet about his plans.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:38 pm
Vittorio gave a curious raise of his eyebrow, looking from Khayman to Cyrus and back again. "Could Antha marry an outsider?" he asked, his voice gone shockingly soft, as if Antha could hear him over the many miles, "There haven't been many male witches strong enough to marry into the family and survive the curse."
Dolly Jean merely blinked, trying to absorb the thought of it. "Do you think he'd be happy here?" She couldn't quite picture it. An outsider, thrown into the center of the Mayfair family...it seemed horribly tragic to her. "But maybe we should wait until we know what's going on before we go digging up information. Mr. Talbot might not like us showing up out of the blue and asking for files on another witch family. It seems very rude."
For a moment, Vittorio had every intention of disagreeing with her. but as he turned to look at her and begin his argument, he happened to look at Felix, and an entirely new idea formed in his head. "If any of us went to the Talamasca, they might find out about Felix."
A small sound escaped Dolly Jean as she turned her head to look at her new cousin, the alarm very plain in her eyes. "Cyrus, you wouldn't do that to him, would you?" she asked, throwing all of her attention very sharply on him, "What a fine cousin that would make you! Why don't you just throw him to the wolves? At least they would be quick."
The only sign of agreement that Vittorio made as Dolly Jean spoke was a little nod of his head. "They'll find out about him eventually," he pointed out when she had finished, "But for now let him have a little peace. If we go to the Talamasca, one of them is bound to pick up something about him."

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Azure Halfbreed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:29 am
The way everyone seemed to argue over him just now seemed to pique his interest somewhat. Why were they worried over his well being? Felix could take care of himself. He knew how to survive. They should be arguing over his life. He felt he needed to stop in and make a certain point clear. "If your worried about my life, don't be. Everything that lives has to die. The only thing that differentiates it is when. I don't fear death and expect it any time. So if I'm to die at the hands of the Talamasca, then so be it."

Felix went silent again. Having people worrying about his life was something alien to him. All he is really is just a disposable pawn. Someone who could disappear tommorow and no one would think twice about him. So why did these people care so much?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:23 pm
Vittorio flashed Felix a quick glance, no more than a flicker of his eyes. "That's not it."
Beside him, Dolly Jean was shaking her head in agreement. "They wouldn't kill you," she continued in his place, "The Talamasca never really do anything violent. But they watch. All of our lives, they've watched us, sometimes from a distance and sometimes from right over our shoulders. But they know a lot about us now and we're not that interesting. When they find out about you, they're going to go crazy. They'll want to know where you've been and what you were doing there. It'll be years before you have any peace." The girl sighed, closing her eyes and shaking her head. "It's hard to explain. But it'll cause a lot of problems for you, and we don't want that. You're family, so we want what's best for you."
Noticing the faint flush of her cheeks, Vittorio laid a gentle hand on her head, comforting her it seemed. "It's our job to worry," he clarified.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Azure Halfbreed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am
Felix stood there, slightly confused. If death wasn't in the equation then why worry. Felix wasn't worried about torture. He knew he could handle it. And if they just wanted to know where he was, Felix would tell them the same thing he's told everyone here. There wasn't much to tell. He was a killer plain and simple.

Felix remained silent. It was pointless to try and explain. He would never understand where they stand on matter, and vise versa. They both lived two completly different lives.

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games